Where do we go now? Dynamo Kiev 2013/2014 Season thread.

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by loden, Jun 5, 2013.

1. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    ....And so it begins with transfer rumors and speculations.

2. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Looks like Mbokani will actually sign with Dynamo. Transfer price around 7.5 mill.

Also apparently Blokhin has given Surkis a list of 6 players he wants to be purchased for next season (all 6 foreign btw) (lol at g74)

3. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    It's great that they're focused on bringing in a forward. What they additionally need to do is retain Brown at any cost. If we had 3 forwards of Brown's caliber, we'd be sitting pretty, as we can put them in the starting line up depending on if they're hot or cold.

4. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Because one Selin isn't enough :)

5. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Dynamo are actually interested in LB - Benoît Trémoulinas from Bordeaux. He was actually recently capped in French NT. I imagine if they buy him, Selin will see the bench until the end of this career, because Trémoulinas is a really good LB able to attack as well, which Selin has no skill to do.

6. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    That would be sweet. I'll take Taiwo over Selin any day, but of course, if we had a real capable LB that would improve our situation by a lot.

As far as I'm concerned, we're set in the midfield (if you count Yarmolenko and Gusev as midfielders). If anything, there's a bit of an overload in the midfield. Krancjar will probably be offloaded while he's still worth something. Mehmedi has actually been looking pretty impressive, definitely more so than Bezus. He may not be scoring yet or giving killer passes, but you can tell that he's got what it takes to potentially compete for a first squad place. I couldn't say that about him at the start of the season.

Haruna will probably be benched once he stops his scoring spree, so Mehmedi and Dudu will have a chance to shine. The only thing, IMHO, keeping him in the starting lineup is the goals. He will play for as long as he keeps scoring, but once he goes dry for 2-3 games, that's it, rotation.

7. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Aside from Zozulya and Konoplyanka Dynamo has got all the top Ukrainian talent that is not in Shakhtar already. Blokhin knows that and has turned his attention abroad.

I would have given another look to Rotan but other than that there is no one else with a Ukrainian passport that would be in upgrade.

8. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Looks like DK is serious about buying Mbokani. Nothing personal against the guy, this is strictly a visual thing, but damn!!!! He has a face right out of the Planet Of the Apes; extremely simian! I've never seen anything like that.
    [​IMG]

How is that going to go with Blokhin's "Зумба-Бумба" or is that just a misconstrued comment from the past?

That said, I do welcome any forward in DK who can put the ball in the net, even if they had blue skin and another set of arms.

9. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
  10. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I'm waiting for the official confirmation about Mbokani, but it looks like it's a done deal.

Here's a goal compilation from last season;

He scores some decent goals here, my only concern he scored them against some pretty lose defending. How is he going to react to a more packed defense?

11. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Nice goals. I wonder, however, if a similar clip could be made of Brown Ideye's goals. But Brown literally needs a dozen chances to put one in. We need a deadly striker with a better finishing touch than Brown. Could Mbokani be it?

12. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I doubt it. Realistically, we can't afford a deadly striker, or he would never play for Dynamo. I think the idea is to create competiton in the striker position, and rotate players as they go hot and cold. Right now we dont have anyone else who is on par with Brown. This is where this guy comes in.

13. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I would rather have Jaremien Lens

14. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    It's interesting that they're looking to the teams from Holland for transfers right now. I think they figured that realistically they can recruit decent players from there, as its not a farm league for any major league, and the players have European experience.

15. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
  16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Another g74 classic. Best CB in Ukraine essentially gets cut from the team lol

Dnipro came so close to nabbing Kacheridi 2 years ago, would fix our CB problems if we can get him. Fcked up if he goes to Shakhtar with Rakitsky lol goodbye to title hopes right there for Dynamo lol

17. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    It's pretty simple with Mykhalik. When he was younger and not hurt he made up for his lack of tactical and technical finesse by his extreme workrate and the desire to win. Now that he can't run as hard, his inability to read the game and think ahead of strikers is painfully obvious, so unfortunately he has to go. Had he been working on his footballing intelligence, right now he would have been an irreplaceable CB even with his reduced pace. But he didn't, so it's over.

18. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Taiwo left DK. Who the fukk is going to play in the back this season?

19. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    But he would have still been a very useful presence in the rotation. Especially now that Khacheridi has made it known that he would like to move on to a 'top league" (not that anyone's invited him yet).

Mykhalyk's biggest problem had been injuries. Three years of frequent injuries would have put anyone's career into a nosedive. When he was healthy he was among the safest and most reliable players.

P.S. Makarenko, a LB that we loaned to Hoverla last season will be in camp. I wonder what he's like.

20. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv

We all understand that. But unfortunately, that doesn't cut it as a reason for staying in the first team, and he was probably to expensive to be kept in #2.

21. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Obviously, he would have to be a bench player, a part of the rotation. Something tells me he would agree to a lower salary (which he would get elsewhere today). We shouldn't have let him go. instead we are going to be lucky if the player we get is not like Taiwo (a marginal player with primadonna ambitions)

22. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

Pretty much. He was pretty useful alongside Chygry at the start of 201o World Cup qualifiers until he got hurt. 2 serious knee injuries hurt, but he was never a CB to begin with and was never quick or agile to make up for his clueless lumbersome game.

He should be happy if Chornomorets, Tavriya or Metadon pick him up. That's his level for maybe 2 more seasons then he will be a total slob. Blokhin is such a dickhead for starting him at Euro2012 the first 2 games

23. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    No, he was never a CB. CB in my opinion is the hardest position in soccer to play. You need some serious game intelligence and some awesome mental toughness to play well. Mykhalik was originally played as a DM under Szabo and my friend and I were dying laughing every time he got on the ball because of how clumsy he looked.

24. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Actually, he was a very strong CB when he was healthy. He and Yussuf, during the first coming of Syomin were among the top CB pairings in Europe, according to the goals allowed in the CL. They were almost impregnable. As my coach used to tell me - there is no fault in kicking the ball 20 rows of seats into the stands, there is a huge fault in failing to properly defend. Mykhalyk was a prototypical destroyer. His job was to stop the other guy from scoring and he did it well. And he did score a couple here in there, in which he reminded me of Husyn - could score and defend but was absolutely not creative at all.

25. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

Classic g74 post, add it to the catalog