When will they be back?

Discussion in 'magicJack' started by Blustar, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When will Abby, Hope, and Rapinoe be back, I definitely want to be at the game to give them some mad props!:D

Fate wasn't with them but we ( my family) will be. Any info will be appreciated, thanks.

2. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They are back for the wednesday game, WNY vs MJ. Over 8000 tickets are sold at Sahlen. Can't say who will play?

3. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Really? Over 8,000, already?

4. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the place only fit 1,500, how can they sell 8000?

Maybe I should get tickets for the Saturday game?

5. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This game is in Rochester.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011
    Western New York Flash
    magicJack
    Sahlen's Stadium, Rochester, NY
    7:30pm
    Reason for Editing:

TWCS
    Tickets

Somebody help me, but wasnt this game schedule at FAU when the schedule came out? How did WNY get back-back home games against MJ? They've never played at FAU, just see a game on the 10th of Aug. This was changed, wasnt it? I remember telling people the small field would help MJ with its' 3 back but the game never happen. Did MagicFool agree to this because of venue size??? Sahlen along with Kennesaw would make sense with his NT lineup coming and give MJ about 10-12 to deal with increased crowds or a home venus change. As noted, i could see the Pres and AD at FAU agreeing to move games for a piece of the revenues.

Romario'sgurl, they are acutally over 9000 as of today. 10000 for this game? Sahlen holds 13000.

6. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    The original poster probably meant, "when are they back playing a home game in Florida?"

According to the February 17, 2011 WPS press release announcing the schedule, the July 20, 2011 game has always been scheduled to be played at WNY.

7. Blustar

Blustar Member

May 30, 2006
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh you are right, the FAU game is not till July 27. I'll probably have to go to the July 30th game because I work on Wed. night.

Why are the games 4 days apart, that's a crazy, grueling schedule.

I hope they get a big crowd up there and they sell out. They deserve it.

8. jrolo

jrolo New Member

Jan 20, 2008
    any hope for tv coverage? :(

9. cthomer5000

cthomer5000 Member+

Apr 23, 2007
    Raleigh NC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Grant Wahl tweeted that the game is on FSC.

10. WookieMonster

WookieMonster New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    From the quite excellent wpsmagicjack.com website:

"Crystal (Oklahoma) What are your plans now that the world cup is over? Club ball or is there more WNT plans?
    Hope Solo (1:56 PM) Obviously, we’re going to have some tour games. I’m not sure of the dates of those. Right in front of me, I have to go to L.A. And then I can’t wait to get back to my house in Seattle. See my dog. Sleep in my own bed."

So....does this mean that Lloyden will be in goal for a while? Not a bad thing, she's a good keep--I think the defense was pretty lackluster last night--just wanted to know...

11. PinoeSwag

PinoeSwag New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anybody know when Pinoe, Abby, Hope, Shannon, and Rampone plan on playing again? I hope this weekend against the Beat!

12. NashvillePainter

NashvillePainter New Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this the same Swag that's running the hilarious Twitter feed? Welcome aboard!

No info yet, I don't think, but I'm betting we see at least one or two internationals. It'll be a great game in any event.

13. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    what's the point? if i was Dan, i'd give them the rest. The squad last night can get 3 pts off of Atl. They have a tuff couple of weeks coming to end the season to get back in a 2 or 3 play off spot.

14. emeybee

emeybee New Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    In the article about Abby becoming Player/Coach:

15. PinoeSwag

PinoeSwag New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately I am not the same individual, but I do follow it on Twitter.

I am about to atart negotiations to contribute to the account though haha.

I hope to see them out there soon! I understand that they are tired for the WWC, but I would love to see the squad at full strength before the playoffs begin. Getting chemistry to flow is not going to be hard, but as a fan... I would love to see more of it.

16. Fate

Fate Member

Jul 19, 2011
    South Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a feeling Hope might be done for the year. On Lopez Tonight she said she's giving her shoulder a rest and that she thinks she has a broken wrist. MRI today, let's see what it'll show

17. PinoeSwag

PinoeSwag New Member

Jul 20, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, that's nuts. I didn't get a chance to watch it last night. I knew her shoudler was bothering her, but I had no idea about her wrist. Hopefully the team can win without her in there...

Let's pray that the wrist is okay!

18. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Solo's busy selling herself to a wider audience. She's not going to go back to magicmysteryJack.

I'm not doubting that her shoulder is banged up but I highly doubt she's going to turn down any wider media/etc offers to show up at a WPS game to wave to fans and/or sign autographs. Don't get your hopes up to see her folks.

19. NashvillePainter

Jul 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm making my "Rapinoe Rocks" sign for the MJ-Beat game now. :) Just in case....

Edit: Bah. Better make a few for Lloyd, Mitts, or even Wambach...

http://www.ussoccer.com/Social/WNT-...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

I'll be amazed if #20 starts, but maybe a few minutes in the 2nd half?

20. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wambach was named head coach of magicJack for the rest of the season and will also continue slot into her forward position.

This only makes sense from a PR perspective. Christie Rampone is a better choice, especially looking at her success with Sky Blue. Also player-coach from the goal or defense makes more sense than forward. From the back the game is for the most part in front of you, and you can see and assess the play much better than from in front.

a. I think Borislaw is paying Abby a lot of $ and so she is reluctant to say no to him.

b. If Borislaw asked Christie, I guess that she said she wouldn't do it if she could not bring on her trainer/assistant coach who was her #1 when she coached Sky Blue.

c. I doubt Borislaw asked Christie because he is a soccer idiot.

d. On second thought, this does not even make sense from a PR perspective. Why would you want to do something to put more butts in the seats when you don't have any seats to put butts in?

I'm going with letters a and c. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

21. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least (if the All White Kit live chat is to be believed) Abby had them playing 4 in the back. I'm also guessing that Borislow's canning (sorry, reassigning) Lyons who was Rampone's long time friend/coach left a bad taste in Rampone's mouth.

magicJack is just a clusterf--k all around. I'm considering writing Abby a heartfelt "Please Do NOT Risk Rupturing Your Achilles And Missing London 2012 For This Idiot" letter. I know she very much wants WPS to succeed. But please be smart, Abby.

22. NashvillePainter

Jul 12, 2011
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She took several really hard hits at the ATL game, including a clothesline from goalie Whitworth. (Mr Painter got a clear photo of it which I'll post when he gets around to processing 'em.)

23. seCrawler

seCrawler New Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santa Fe Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the idea of Abby as coach, but didn't care for the Atlanta start. What was the point? If so, then give her 30 mins and sub her out, so the fans get a taste of her.

As far as MagicJack, I think the WPS needs the nationals there to put it together ASAP. In a perfect world MagicJack finishes 3rd, finds away to win one on the road, probably against Philly, and shows up with Abby infront of another packed house (15k+) for the championship game against WNY.

It's the best way to end the season, showcase the polished product of the WPS to sponsors and investors.

If this guy has any sense, he lets Rampone and Wambach put this fractured team back together.

24. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    that 1 lost point and the tie to atlanta cold potentially hurt thier standings.. i think they went in ther thinking they would stomp them...

25. WookieMonster

WookieMonster New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Apparently Rapinoe is in Florida: http://twitpic.com/5vqpwd

Also gives insight into some of the perks you get playing for MagicDan!