"When Liverpool beats Arsenal, I'm upset." - The Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Copperhead, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    No one can defend internationally. It's why I dont really agree with the he scores 80 goals over 10 games hype for Cristiano and Messi. yes great players but every other great player would've done the same thing. When defense still mattered the greatest player I ever saw Ronaldo the real one tore up defenses when you know defenders actually defended.

In those days defenders were actually *SHOCKER* amongst the top 20 players in the world. Now? lol I'd go about 40 players before I'd even rate a defender. No defender is even suggested to be among the top 10 players in the world. Not so the Ronaldo the real one era. This is like a zombie defending era. Goals everywhere hence I don't buy this messi/cristiano hype too inflated.

#1Keeper repped this.
  2. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    I think I could score 15 goals in LaLiga

3. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  4. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    Shoulda put a smiley face for you on the last post. lol. My point is defending is a lost art anyone can score and therefore its not as special as people are making it out to be. There do you understand that or too analytical for you? smh

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was loling at u saying u could score

6. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    i'm just listening to stan collymore and matt holland on radio and collymore in particular is absolutely slaughtering bale and diving in general. good on him.

7. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Call me a buzzkill, but is't it time to ban messages on undershirts? They're just so stupid.

8. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    m'bia dive for qpr? nothing given either way.

btw. qpr are dreadful.

9. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tony Fernandes is about to get his pockets rinsed by 'Arry in January.

10. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how much Fernandes can afford to lose. I'm sure Ecclestone has already taken him for a ride in F1, and when i looked it up his net worth was only 800 mil. Does he really want to flush more of that cash down a hole? Mittal is worth 20 times as much and doesn't seem to have invested at all.

BTW: I think it's about time for a new Other Team's Thread. For the new year and all.

11. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    "Round up the usual suspects, its The Other Team's Thread!"

12. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ba Humbug - The Other Teams Thread

13. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Leave Us in Peace!" - The Others Thread

14. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    vertonghen has been absolute class whenever he's been at centerhalf for spurs. unfortunately, the injury to assou-ekotto and loaning of danny rose (who's apparently been quite good at sunderland) has forced us to use him at left back, where he's coped reasonably well ... but certainly not at the same level.

i won't argue that he should be included in a 'team of the season', as i've not seen every team in the prem as of yet (and few more than 3 or 4 times) and, again, it's not as though he's been playing in his preferred position most of the time. but he is a genuine quality centerhalf. it is not a slight against vermaelen to suggest that the other might be better. one can be a very good centerhalf without being as good as vertonghen.