What Players Have Played On Relegated Clubs The Most Times?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by EvanJ, Dec 11, 2013.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What players have played on clubs that got relegated out of the Premier League (or First Division before that) the most times? It could be from one club being relegated, promoted, and relegated again or from multiple clubs.

2. Breitner'sWig

Breitner'sWig Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This was always Nigel Quashie's area of excellence. I'm not sure if he's still the record holder but it would take some serious doing to top his tally.

3. fatfan-labamba

Dec 14, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Shite players.

4. Arrows

Arrows Member

Vitoria SC/Belenenses/Aarau
    Portugal
    Oct 29, 2013
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Aarau
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Always liked Quashie especially his early days at QPR. After a few seasons away from the game Nigel is now playing in the Icelandic 2nd Division. His first season with IR Reykjavik lead to relegation... it just appears to follow him around.

5. Breitner'sWig

Breitner'sWig Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it was 4 relegations he had in England, one each with QPR, Forest, Southampton and West Brom. Not sure if anyone could beat that.

6. Breitner'sWig

Breitner'sWig Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've just accidently stumbled accross the answer when looking at something else completely.

The record is jointly held at 5 times between:
    Nathan Blake (Sheffield United 94, Bolton 96 and 98, Blackburn 99, Wolves 04)
    and
    Herman Hreidarsson (Crystal Palace 98, Wimbledon 00, Ipswich 02, Charlton 07, Portsmouth 10)