What is the USMNT biggest issue?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by ppn512, Apr 9, 2014.

1. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO,HE DOESN'T!!!

Who do ya think unstuffs the scarecrow?

Our biggest problem was stated many years ago and is still true.

We're not that good.

2. aquablue

aquablue Member

Jun 30, 2009
    #77 aquablue, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    Yeah, we are rather average now and the decline of Donovan is worrying and without much pace to trouble the top teams. I think the lack of pace on the wings will do the lads in this time because there is no way we are challenging those defenses with small passes up the middle with our players. However, 2018 looks more promising for us to be a decent team capable of quater finals -- with guys like Flores, Rubin, Gil, Gyau, Gatt, Cropper, Packwood, Green, etc combined with some old favorites. Maybe we can do well in the Copa America with some youth movement. We need a proper CAM, and that could be Flores or Gil. Speed will come from Shea, Gatt, Green on the wing. Striker though is an issue as we don't know who the hell can surpass Altidore who looks to be falling short of his potential. Agudelo may be a good SS if he can improve in Europe.

3. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Late to this thread but inconsistency and central defense are the obvious weaknesses of this team. I think they will have one game where they will look really good and one game where they will look like dog crap, the real question is what will they look like in the other game, we can only hope they play well enough to get a point or 3.

4. bsacco

bsacco Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Back line. Central defense. And a lack of creativity and execution. Klin's snubs. Oh, I guess I should add composure...you can thank Eddie Johnson for that...