What I think is going on with Landon Donovan

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by SweetLife, Nov 2, 2012.

1. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    When did you start watching the national team?

2. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, then your opinion means f*** all for bunch of our players then, doesn't it? If you don't watch players regularly, why would anyone value your opinion?

Can't properly evaluate a Gatt or a Mix without watching them with their club. Same goes for everyone from Lichaj to Bradley. Same thing applies for MLS. Or, you can just watch them every now and then with the NT and then act like you actually know what these players bring to the table, which you wouldn't.

yankthisyank'swank and Berks repped this.
  3. GVPATS77

GVPATS77 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Fullerton, CA
    The guy doesn't like any of our players. He pops up in their Yanks Abroad threads whenever one of them has a bad game to gloat about how much they suck and then disappears for awhile if they are on a good run of form.

He's a Eurosnob who thinks anyone not named Messi sucks.

4. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we don't care about your postings or your delusions.

5. SweetLife

SweetLife Red Card

Oct 4, 2010
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I am reading it seems some are politely saying Donovan has become Freddy Adu. A guy who offers us a lot offensively but, can't be asked to defend as well as play offense especially when he is on the wing.

The solution is to play him on the wing and find a way to cover for him defensively thus decreasing the burden on him. That is the job of the coach and why he makes such a big salary:D Ultimately he has to find a way to get our best players on the pitch so that the likes of A&B don't give us problems anymore:ROFLMAO:

6. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    Some are idiots.

Bclay and Bash Brothers repped this.
  7. lplaksina

lplaksina Member

Jan 5, 2002
    The absolute worst thing that ever happened to Freddy was that he believed some people telling him that he was a superstar. Tragic.

8. yankthisyank'swank

Oct 13, 2010
    I watch Donovan play when possible, and he is still one of the best players in the USA pool. Though he may have lost a bit of pace, he has made up for it by developing a greater awareness of the game. By awareness I mean vision, creativity, and calmness on the ball.