What Hex Away Trips Are You Most Interested In?

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by blazindw, Oct 18, 2012.

1. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. I didn't realize they offer general admission tickets. Did you make your own way to the US section or did they kind of point you in that direction? I just figured anybody through AO or the "Official" supporters club that wanted the tickets would get them.

Is there an actual risk in booking planes/hotels before we've got that sorted?

2. Eddie Stiel

Eddie Stiel Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    We just went to the US section. No one checked our tickets. We had tickets for an upper level general admission section, but a different one from the US section. Security wanted all the US fans together.

If you stay on top of the ticket situation, I don't think you'll have any worries getting tickets for the match through USSSC or AO. I'm pretty sure that everyone who applied for USSSC tickets got them. I just didn't want to risk it and found tickets on ticketmaster.com.mx, which ended up being way cheaper than the same tickets from USSSC. I knew that the US section was upper level general admission.

That strategy might not work this time if the US section returns to the lower part of Azteca, where I think US supporters sat for the August friendly. If you want to go to the match and find a good airfare, I'd go for it. Cheap safe hotels are plentiful in the Zona Historico (near the Zocalo). I'm probably going to combine the home Costa Rica match with the Mexico match so I am waiting for airline tickets. Friday at the US city, then Saturday through Wednesday in Mexico City (still to be confirmed), one of the greatest cities in North America, maybe the World.

3. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder
    Zero risk. Especially if you are a ussc member then youll get first dibs, otherwise these boards will be awash with ticket info. I bought my plane ticket already, and got hotel. Game tickets always come last.

4. aimorris

aimorris Member

May 2, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, sounds good - that's what I figured. I'm planning on booking everything at the end of the month. I'm excited for Mexico City as much as I am for Azteca.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reason I ask is that in all likelihood you won't have a choice where to sit.

6. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    On the Gringo Wall of Shame
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have my seat booked on the AO Package for the World Cup in 2014, so I'll primarily be saving money for that, however, if it's cheap enough, I might make a detour and make a stop at the Azteca. I'm sure tickets wouldn't be a problem, though the flight + hotel would make the bulk of the cost