What grade did the Crew give you?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by ZipSix, Jul 2, 2013.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It made Hunter's weekly column--and some of you guys were quoted, though I'm not sure who "ZigSix" is ;) :

ZipSix and NUFCBayern repped this.
  2. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    beamish and NewEnglandClamChowder repped this.
  3. JayFunkeyFresh

Jul 10, 2004
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big Soccer: Providing fodder for newspapers since 2003.

Robbo Crewfan repped this.
  4. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus

or Big 13

5. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm sure the ladies will start contacting someone very soon....

Jake Folan, chr1st and cam5fc repped this.
  6. NUFC Fan

NUFC Fan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Only the names were changed to protect the innocent.

7. Ryan1980

Ryan1980 New Member

Apr 28, 2004

The Portland Timbers have something called "Rose City Rewards" which is the same basic concept as the score you all received. Meaning you get points for showing up early, buying concessions, buying merch, etc. The points you build up you get to use on things such as attending practice like a media person, luncheons and chalk talks. There are a lot of things you can spend them on.

8. Swellster

Swellster Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Dallas
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually it is the exact opposite concept. What we got was "this is how much you are not doing". What you described is "thank you for all that you are doing, now have some rewards for it". Completely different. If I had gotten an email that said "You are taking advantage of 80.8% of your STH opportunities. Did you know you could do these things as well? And oh, by the way here is a coupon that you can use." It would have been totally different.

I am going to let it go now because I have received a written apology. Hopefully they learned from this and will fire Warzycha.

9. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep--that would have worked just find and most would have liked it (I say most because it's just hard to please everyone around here).

10. Crewster

Crewster Member+

Jan 28, 2005
    Worthington
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, some would have seen it as a ploy to support Warzycha.

11. Coupe

Coupe Member+

Mar 3, 2007
    Here's the thing. If I'm not using all the benefits that you are offering, perhaps what you are offering isn't what I want. Grade yourself!

12. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ZigSix thinks I'm cool.

eboe and electrickeeper repped this.
  13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I do like the idea of a points system. In our case, gates open 90 minutes before the game. Start at X number of points given and deduct every so often...if you go in right as the gates open, say you get 20 points, but if you go in only ten minutes before kickoff, maybe that's only two points. If you attend a chalk talk, that's additional points. Maybe a road trip is 100 points.

Points would be used for things like free concessions (within reason...some things are in bulk and easier to give away as rewards), discounts in the team shop, maybe some credit at Homage on their Crew stuff, or who knows. Maybe even extra tokens at the awards ceremony.

14. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I liked the original system better
    [​IMG]

cam5fc repped this.
  15. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    And with that, John Davidson just did more to make his sports team resonate in the soul of Columbus than anything that Mark McCullers, Mike Malo and the rest of the Crew FO have concocted in their insipid sports-marketing careers. Maybe if they act now, they can still say "Yeah, what John Davidson said. I think. Is that okay?"

People are going to be wearing white shirts to demonstrate their commitment to sacking Warzycha today. What color do we wear to demonstrate our commitment to ridding ourselves of the real reason why this franchise is ridiculous?

NewEnglandClamChowder repped this.
  16. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Mrs. BG13 is VERY disappointed

17. NewEnglandClamChowder

Jul 28, 2012
    The Eyetalian Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

I got a semi just reading it this morning. I was originally unsure that he'd be our hockey "savior" like everybody said, but I don't even care anymore.

18. Nostradumass

Nostradumass BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In just a few years, the CBJ and the Crew have both gone from one extreme to the other, as far as how organizations should be run.

ZipSix repped this.
  19. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess my score will go down more today. As mentioned previously, we only get one $5 food voucher per season ticket holder even though we have two season tickets. Well, today's benefit ticket is field level access for ONE PERSON!! So, which person gets to go on the field? Way to put us in a spot!! What score shall I give them?

20. NewEnglandClamChowder

Jul 28, 2012
    The Eyetalian Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

I find it silly when people blame the sales team for being optimistic about the product on the field (it's literally their job), but this is totally justified to gripe about. Honestly, who lets this kind of stuff happen? Ridiculous.

21. Buckeye Blue

Buckeye Blue New Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Black & Gold Blvd
    Did you see the fans with signs at the Portland game with their grades on their signs? This team needs their fans so much. A straight-forward apology from the FO for this slap in the face sure would sure have helped. Instead, we got this half-ass email that tried to explain the unexplainable. And, by the way, why would I want points for standing in line for autographs after a game? I would rather get points for consumption of cold one during the game (responsible consumption, of course).

22. JackCaz

JackCaz Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just received my NSTH score. Came in at 71.1. I lacked perfect couch attendance because I took my daughter to the Red, White and Crew game. What kind of logic is that? Oh, right. Crew logic.

23. BrickStreetBoy

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Will a 100.00 Fan Rating allow me to choose the manager?

24. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only on Football Manager.

foozer, SourCream&OnionUtd and chr1st repped this.