What grade did the Crew give you?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by ZipSix, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    The thought had crossed my mind. But then again, I'm all but checked out. I watch on TV pretty much exclusively...if I remember. I guess on a "positive" note, rather than feed my apathy, this little episode has actually pissed me off, so now I technically care more.

2. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    The concept wasn't even good. Their ends were to encourage more use of other, ancillary benefits to being a season ticket holder. Their selected means for getting there was insulting and the execution was dreadful.

And can we end this stupid hashtag nonsense (this is more a general plea to the world at large)? It jumped the shark long ago and just seems forced.

scornflakes repped this.
  3. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You suck as much as the poster who posted The World's Greatest Fan upthread. Boooooo, sir! Boooo, I say!

5. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    88.8% here.
    I get the point but the whole "Score" idea was terrible. They should have said something like "We would like to inform you, as a season ticket holder you are only taking advantage of 88.8% the benefits of a season ticket holder. Here are some other things that you could get for free . . ."
    I thought that I did everything. There was that one time that I publicly said how much I hate that guy that "warms-up" the crowd. I guess they heard me.
    I also used GBS name in vain twice.
    Once I did not honor my owner.
    I did covet my neighbor's right midfielder too.
    But that is it. I swear.

Robbo Crewfan, foozer, Crew Cat and 2 others repped this.
  6. bleedyellowandblack

May 2, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Yeah this whole thing is stupid. My rep hasn't been in contact with me yet this season even though I even stated that on the stupid survey and have left messages with her prior regarding a question I had. I have a 3 month old and have missed one freaking game,the lines are unbelievably long at the team shop, and sorry if I haven't had time to get autographs with my kid. Anyways, thanks for the admonishment F.O. The front office gets a 19.9 on this one.

7. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I believe the Sounders have a similar program, but the fans are placed on a leaderboard instead of receiving a score. They gain points for specific behaviors (arriving early, attendance, team store purchases, etc.), and everything is tied into a rewards system. So not only can fans use the leaderboard for epeen, but they can also redeem the points for exclusive crap (sit in the radio booth during a game, run some drills with a player, get a special cup, and other tchotchkes).

At least, that's what I've heard.

8. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leave it to the team with an abysmal home record and a scoreboard that catches on fire to tell fans that put up with them they're not that great.

ZipSix repped this.
  9. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I really don't think it's that big a deal. They rated every ticket holder on their use of the benefits available. You guys should be worried about the next match not your stupid score on season ticket holder benefits. The intentions were good but the delivery was a bit week. Get over it!

Okay bring on the hate replies!

10. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    It's not the score people are "worried about". It's the fact that the front office decided to insult the intelligence of the people that are their meal ticket. There are a lot better ways to encourage use of benefits than failing miserably to make having season tickets into some Facebook-ish contest.

The intentions were to drum up business for some apparently underutilized "benefits". This was among the worst possible ways to accomplish that.

11. KillerCanary

KillerCanary Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It has been some time since your last confession, my son. As penance for your sins and to aid against future temptations, you will need to pray 10 Hail McCullers and one Our Frankie.

Give thanks to Lamar, for He is good.

Now repeat after me, "Oh my Team, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee. I detest all of my ways because of Thy just punishments and lower membership score, but most of all because they offend Thee, my Crew, who are all good and deserving of all of my love. I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace to chant YSA no more and to avoid the near occasions of pink slip displays. Anor.”

Now go in peace and sin no more

12. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:ROFLMAO:

Oh wait...he's serious. :eek:

Realest Fan 2013! Plus, he's got the inside track on some awesome cornhole boards.

As far as my score? I bought my tickets through Crew Union, so I guess I don't get one. Then again, the CU Facebook page stated that Crew Union members get 100%, so there you go.

13. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    Right now the crew are at 1-(15/19)

14. TZPrince

TZPrince Member

Oct 13, 2009
    {quote="jschwarz, post: 28143358, member: 39040"]Wow, I really don't think it's that big a deal. They rated every ticket holder on their use of the benefits available. You guys should be worried about the next match not your stupid score on season ticket holder benefits. The intentions were good but the delivery was a bit week. Get over it!

Okay bring on the hate replies![/quote]

Always has to be one who bends over and takes it. Thank you sirs, may I have another? Its funny that you say "You guys should be worried about the next match " We do care, or have you not read any of the other posts? The FO apparently does not, this is their response to the $hitty product on the field?

15. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    79.1 here...that's a solid C :)

ZipSix repped this.
  16. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I guess the only good thing about this is that the team recognized quickly how stupid and offensive the idea is. And folded faster than Superman on laundry day.

17. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Unfortunately too many companies rush to do something without stepping back and thinking "how are the customers going to actually perceive this."

18. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did they do anything other than have Tom Bowden apologize on twitter?

19. Chris_G

Chris_G Member

May 21, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yet I bought the family 4 pack for 4 games last year and have received about 15 voice mails from a rep. Sounds like they are more concerned with selling more season tickets to people like me, than keeping the ones they have happy.

20. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    To be fair that is exactly right and a proper business strategy.

The renewal rate of STH is higher than single game tix (or 4 packs)
    Once you make a commitment to a season ticket, you are more likely to renew that ticket no matter marketing.

Cant fault the FO on them targeting the non-STH so hard.

21. Chris_G

Chris_G Member

May 21, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You are hired, when can you start? They obviously blew it big time on this. How many hours did they waste coming up with an equation and compiling all these scores, only to blow the whole thing by not simply wording it like you did in your post.

22. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see them all sitting in a room, "ok now this guy has been to all of the home games this year, but hasn't used a food voucher yet or gone to autograph alley. Doc him 10 points...And I'm his ticket rep and he hasn't called me once...that's another 5 points"

DhamphirLoki repped this.
  23. KillerCanary

KillerCanary Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had this same thought yesterday. Do they already have some sort of scoring/tracking/NSAish data compiled on all of the STHs? I have to imagine that they do to some extent. If not, then this was a colossal waste of energy.

24. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny

“@HSHCrew: 76.6 #Crew96 #SliceOfTheCore”

“@CrewUnion: 76.9 here you slackers. RT @HSHCrew 76.6 #Crew96 #SliceOfTheCore”

25. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    How do they know who attends autograph alley or chalk talks? I haven't been an STH for a couple years but don't remember attendance being tracked or my credentials scanned. There's probably a bar code on the vouchers so I can understand that part.