What Freedom Players would you protect in draft

Discussion in 'Washington Freedom' started by bethgsimm, Aug 27, 2009.

1. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
  3. Del Piero 10

Del Piero 10 Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    That was fast! Lindsey's already pictured in an Independence uniform with the coach & GM on Philadelphia's website.

4. StarCityFan

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They had to have known ahead of time - don't know how else they could have gotten that photo the same afternoon.

5. StarCityFan

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose we'll never know for sure, but my guess is that once Lindsey was chosen the Freedom protected Moros and Singer, whom I think would easily be picked ahead of Senty if they'd still been available.

6. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    Not seeing that, can you put up a link?

7. StarCityFan

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

8. jwhiggins3

jwhiggins3 New Member

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Actually, the President of the Philly franchise keeps an office in Alexandria so it is entirely possible that he had the uniform with him and met her in DC to take the pic. He probably still knew ahead of time if he had the uniform with him, but it could have been taken this afternoon.

9. REALSOCCER

REALSOCCER New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm pretty sure she knew the night before where she was going,they probably Fed-X her the uniform. If you look close,I think it was photoshop and inserted.

10. StarCityFan

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean, the bottom line is that somebody knew Lori was joining Philly before it became official at 1-whatever-pm on Tuesday for them to get that photo just a few hours later.

11. rockmysocs

rockmysocs New Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Don't think for a second that this wasn't planned by the coaches in advance. It's unbelievable that they would insult our intelligence in this way. Atlanta knew who they were picking first, Philly knew who they were picking first. I am sure they even knew who would be protected. Politics, politics, politics.

12. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    Even if true that they knew ahead of time who they would pick, why is that politics? Most teams know who they plan to pick ahead of time. Why would you draft someone who doesn't want to play for you, or live in a certain city, etc., for instance? I am sure the coaches were intelligent enough to have a very good idea of who would be pulled back once they took someone!

13. rockmysocs

rockmysocs New Member

Sep 18, 2009
    For all we know Lindsay may have asked not to be protected and wanted to go to a new team. There are many things we the public will never know. Kind of like government, that's all I was saying in regard to politics. Whatever happened its good to see the league growing. I hope the freedom pull together and utilize their talent better. That boils down to one thing for me; coaching. The talent is there!