What football team should I support?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by needhelp22, Oct 1, 2013.

1. needhelp22

needhelp22 Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I am from East London and tried to support a load of clubs because I never had any influence, but never could find the right one, I don't know why but I don't like West Ham, I don't like Leyton Orient etc, I also do like teams but can't fuly commit myself, so what team should I support? I'm looking for a friendly team, no politcial movements etc, so what's a good club?

I must say I never could commit myself to a team for over a year and now I need serious help, help guys!!
    I even tried other league but just can't seem to find the right club. I'd like a club with nice shirt preferably like Newcasltes or Juventus but it doesn't , accepts Londoners and plays nice football, not always the best but great standards etc. I've tried all other leagues to like Bundesliga, Serie A (My favourite but to much controversies and I don't like the amount of racism in it and I can't find a club I like in it), La Liga, Ligue 1 heck even SuperLeague but couldn't

I don't want to be neutral, neutrals boring actually rooting for a team is good, I want a team where I'm not seen as a gloryhunter you know, I know the team is meant to pick me, but if it was it would have already I think it's time I commited to my own team now.?

Anyone got any ideas, thanks

2. needhelp22

needhelp22 Member

Sep 29, 2013
    P.S Please recommend teams from anywhere, I'm looking for one with a good fanbase to.

3. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Arsenal, unless you simply don't like them.

You'd get to see them live a lot due to your area, lots of coverage in television (and other media), nice shirt, no gloryhunting possibility because no glorific feats in recent past, plays nice football etc. You'd also get to talk about them with many people around you as people in London know Arsenal (obviously) better than they do, say, Elche. Also has good fanbase.

4. Cuppo

Cuppo Member+

May 27, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    If you don't like too big clubs, Swansea City plays some nice, very modern football. They often more possession than the other team. It's nice to watch them play. And they have a great fanbase too, which isn't all like "Gloryhunters". :)

ManusXavi repped this.
  5. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. ManusXavi

ManusXavi Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    FC Barcelona have good ethics (well mostly :rolleyes:) of producing their own players from their academy. I admire their hard work. I'm a new Zealander. This helped me confirm that I wanted to support Barca after I had discovered Ronaldinho on Youtube.

7. RichardO14

RichardO14 New Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I honestly think that with the criteria you have thrown in you will have a very hard time finding the perfect club. Perhaps you should not try to support a single team but maybe pick certain games to key in on and try to pick a team depending on some criteria that you come up with. You could follow certain leagues or competitions. I would recommend small cup competitions so that you could easily go to watch games.

8. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Since you are from London, you should support Arsenal.

9. @ringo

@ringo Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Club:
    Stabaek IF
    The right answere, heck the only answere, is Stabæk in Norway :)

A small club with big aspirations, It came from nothing in the late 80'ies, climbing from the 5th tier to the top leauge in a short ammount of time. They debued in the Norwegian top series in 95. Won the cup in 98. Between 97 and 2003 they never finished below number 5 in the leauge, playing big games against top teams like Anderlecht and Deprortivo La Couruna in the european cups. Had some misfortune and got relegated in 2004 (after comming 3 in the leauge the previous season), bounced back and played som amazing football winning the leaug in 2008. Were close to qualifying into the champions leauge in 2009. Almost went banckrupt in 2011, was relegated again in 2012. Got promotet last year with the youngest team ever to get promoted to the Norwegian top series. Has just hired renowned american manager Bob Bradley. Is the only team in Norway with full time coaches for young players form the age of 8 and up. They are working closely with AC Milan and the Milan lab on developing young player and has hired a spanish fifa pro licensed coach with long running experience developing player and coaches for the spanish football federation as head coach for this youth program.

The comming season is going to be wildly exciting with a team of "young-guns" fighting against the odds to keep up in the competetive norwegian top series. They were everyones favorites for getting relegated again - before they pulled a rabbit by the name of Bob out of the hat last friday. This could be an epic season. If you're a succer for the underdogs - Stabæk is your game :)

Cheers

IvanIV repped this.
  10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    IvanIV repped this.
  11. needhelp22

needhelp22 Member

Sep 29, 2013
    still havent found a team to stay loyal to it's pising me off

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    this kind of thing happens all by itself.

forget about division, style of play, notoriety of players, club history. give the concrete realities of life a quick going over: ticket price, number of tube stops, neighborhood... and start going to the stadium. any stadium. two months from now your problems will be over.

to be replaced by a whole new set of problems, but that's life.

needhelp22 repped this.
  13. XxXsoccer_fanXxX

Aug 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sunderland. The team is enjoying moderate success in the EPL, and has many talented players. It's kind of a successful underdog team.

In my biased view, you should go for Real Madrid. Great uniform, great team, love their style of play, and overall an amazing team to watch and support.

14. needhelp22

needhelp22 Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Thanks im live 2 mile away from west ham and around 3 from orient but im still confused man. i like orient kit but west ham team but west ham is more expensive but easier to go im confused

15. Sy Yeremian

Sy Yeremian New Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Villefranche-sur-Saone
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'm personally a PSG fan, but I would go with a team in Ligue 1 with good history like St. Etienne, Marseille, or Lyon. These are not bandwagon teams yet most people know of them and you will surely find any one of these 3 teams in the Champions league depending on what year it is. All three teams finish near the top of the ligue every year, and not to mention all of these teams have created some major stars. For example Benzema from Lyon, Michele Platini of Saint Etienne, and Zidane of Marseille! Lastly each of these teams has really interesting jerseys each in its own unique colorways that you will surely enjoy at least 1 of them! Anyways i hope you find your team and i hope i helped you choose as well!

16. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Hahahaha this topic is amazing...

Asking for help to support a club. Yeah, I'm sure that when you pick the club it's going to be pure love.... my gosh

IvanIV and Guigs repped this.
  17. David Connolly

Apr 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What guignol said - although it's probably too late. Unless you're 12 years old, it's unlikely that any club you choose now will develop into a lifelong passion.

18. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    go with Leyton. following lower division clubs builds character.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  19. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    TFC! It is fun pissing off yanks with yankee players. When America collectively yelled "WTF" when TFC got Bradley was priceless.

IvanIV repped this.
  20. CoachPaulTX

CoachPaulTX New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    My boys just turned 6 and 7, pick clubs the way they do. Typically they pick a team because it has a player they like. Last year they cheered for Tottenham with Bale, this year it is Real Madrid. You could also go with the cool name/nice kits route, they also like Newcastle. You could go for the hometown, for me that is Aston Villa for my boys it is FC Dallas. Pick one club from each of the major Euro leagues - that way you spread you bet.

IvanIV repped this.
  21. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he he he yeah. kinda the same boat for my family.

i chose Sheffield Wednesday a while back. but have since added: Columbus Crew(USA), Dumbarton FC(scottish), Athletic Bilbao(spain), and Tottenham. But THE WEDNESDAY are my main side.

my oldest follows man u & real
    next oldest Spurs
    next oldest
    THE WEDNESDAY & everton
    the youngest arsenal =(

22. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    It's a question only you can answer ... even people can suggest ... right? ;)
    I remember my younger days ...
    like ... which one should I marry to? LOL
    Like my mom used to say go with the one who loves you and can cook well for your dinner
    Like my dad said, go with the one who could get well along with as company
    Like my friends said go with the one who is hot and turn you on...
    Like my lil' sis said go for the one she can get along in shopping LOL

23. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any decision? i've got an Orient scarf one of my old roommates picked up for me when he was over there…