What could the HSG do to bring back fans?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by eclipse02, May 13, 2011.

1. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moritz til I die?

2. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know from the class of '10 there were about 4 Moritz people that came with me regularly and about an other 5 or so that came to a handful of games. Sold them all Crew Union shirts too. :D

Hopefully we can keep up a presence in places like that. Its one thing when a "leader" of one of the SGs is involved in a group. We need everyone to be leader/ambassadors in their respective groups and associations. Anything SG leadership can do to help, let us know.

3. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing they could do is bitch at MLS for throwing their name on a silly ballot for people in Baltimore as a potential team they would like to see move there, even if there are other ridiculous options on there like NYRB and Philly Union... that's just some happy crappy horseshit right there, all used to flesh out the fact that they are seeing if Baltimore is a viable market for DC United to move to... the mere inclusion of the Crew in there pisses me off. Ohio has lost one too many sport teams to Baltimore already, and now this slap in the face stings a little... even if it is obvious that we are just there to flesh out the options...

4. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    definitely provide a link to this. In my mind, Crew Nation should flood MM's email with questions about this.

5. JoshCaleb

JoshCaleb New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    West Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was upset when I read the article. You can find it in the "kickoff" at www.mlssoccer.com

6. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/cheers-jeers/2011/11/mls-has-survey-gauge-interest-baltimore

Really Columbus has to be brought into this??? No chance any of the other teams except DC would relocate since they have new stadiums. Does some suit in league office think it's a possibility or did they just want to piss Crew fans off? Sending some sort fo message subliminally?

7. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I misread eboe's original statement. I thought he meant we were the ONLY MLS team listed.

Now that I've read the article, I'm ok with it. It's been no secret that DCU has been contemplating B'more for awhile. Kevin Payne talked openly about it in a two part interview that Goff published to the Wa. Post a few weeks back.
    To be fair, there's a much more significant chance in my mind that we end up Las Vegas, St. Louis, or Orlando before Baltimore.

8. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other than Dallas, they listed the four closest teams to Baltimore. This survey was about DC United moving to Baltimore, not us. Don't get why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch.

I'm guessing this is MLS trying to play chicken with DC in an effort to push along a stadium plan.

9. Kayak

Kayak Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Columbus
    Well, that isn't true and I noticed right away it wasn't... New England? I also thought it was funny because Philly just got there, they aren't leaving, Red Bull isn't selling and even if they did someone would buy them and keep them in New York. After D.C. United they left out the closest team to Baltimore that would be most likely to move.

10. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes and No. Yes to the fact that having some freshness and evolving in the section is always good for improvement and knowledge enhancement. Sometimes the drummers are off, too drunk to drum, or some maverick drummer in another section wants to to be drummer and capo, while being offebeat and/or too drunk to be unified with LTA. Yes to a fresher influence on the song selection. Hell, I'd be happy to have the Nordecke learn one new song/chant a year at the rate things are going.

NO to the front office "hiring" these people (see the lame-ass Shadowbox Cabaret supporter culture many moons ago). The supporter culture is generally organic, free from puppet strings and not run by the club. We wouldn't want to be labelled like Seattle peeps after all:p

11. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My panties are not in a bunch, I just felt a bit dissed, especially after previous moving scares. Sorry to make it seem like the sky is falling ;)

-Chicken Little :)

12. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    what the fcuk else do we have to do nowadays?

13. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree about the whole organic thing. I wasn't seriously suggesting putting them on payroll. Maybe paying their gas to get here since they are college kids :). But seriously they were really really good and added a lot of flavor. Just too bad they didn't go to OSU.

14. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Yeah, fcuk all these other suggestions. We just need better drummers. Local bands are breaking up every day. Fcuk, every HOUR probably. Recruit some of those rhythmically gifted hipsters. Nothing fancy, though. No jazzy types. We don't need any fcuking Jack Dejohnette wannabe mofos ruining this with some weird time signatures or a complete lack of drums and more of a "percussion" focus. Although Rashaan Roland Kirk is from Columbus so if we wanted to space out our chants and shit, I'm down. Can you imagine the utter bewilderment if the Nordecke sacked our normal chants and just started avant-free-jazzing up MLS?

1 person likes this.
  15. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rack 'em!

16. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJf1IK_9d9o&feature=related"]RAHSAAN ROLAND KIRK - Primitive Ohio (1969) - YouTube[/ame]

How many horns can YOU play? How many horns can YOU play? How many horns can YOU play at once?

17. bradd

bradd Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Relocate the Crew to Detroit. Then I'll have the best of both worlds. I will begin taking the bidding process for those of you who want to sleep on my futon at 1 case of beer. Aaaaand.... GO!

18. machque

machque Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Delaware OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Way! Then the Crew would be part of meatchicken. The only thing I want to do w/that state is cut the mitten off, float it across the river and give it the the Canuks. They deserve each other:p

19. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    The best of both worlds? What would be the other part?

20. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we get any special tending to from the wife? ;)