Werder Bremen Injury Thread [R]

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by "Eisenfuß" Eilts, Jul 26, 2007.

1. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Our injury "luck" continues. Boenisch is out for 4-6 months (knee injury).

2. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I never thought that I'd be worried about missing Boenisch one day. Werder reality 2010 I guess.

3. rustynation

rustynation New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Boenisch? Seriously?

This is awful.

4. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Both will probably not be at 100%, but the defense nominates itself automatically. Mertesacker, Prödl, Silvestre and Fritz are our remaining defender. :(

6. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Frings, Fritz and Pizarro will miss the match at Inter because of injury. :(

7. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's official: We're ********ed.

8. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OK, so either Wesley or Pasanen have to play at RB. Playing Wesley there takes away from his energy in the midfield but can you imagine having both Silvestre and Pasanen as the side backs? We'll probably need Wesley there to mark Pandev while Silvestre can try to take on Eto'o.

We'll probably go with a 5-man midfield of Bargfrede - Borowski - Marin - Hunt - Arnautovic with Almeida up front. I'm not confident of either Bargrede or Borowski marking Sneijder but that's how limited we are.

If anyone is interested in some decent match analysis, http://www.zonalmarking.net/ has covered several Bremen games so far including the recent win at Hamburg.

9. hackespitze123

Jul 24, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Inter's two major threats are Sneijder in the centre and Maicon on the flank. Neutralising both would help us tremendously to get a result in Milan, which seems rather unlikely with all the injuries we have to handle to be honest.
    But if I had to choose, I'd play Wesley in the centre, especially now that Frings is missing the match, too. Everything Inter create runs through Sneijder, that's why we need to close the gaps there in particular. With Merte back, scoring headers against us won't be that easy anyway, so Maicon's crosses are a bit less of a problem.

5 man midfield makes a lot of sense, it's very important to deny Inter space and play clever tactically. If only our passing game was back to old strength, I'd be a lot less worried then. What we absolutely can't afford is losing the ball (stupidly) in the midfield, Inter love those fast breaks, feeding a rejuvenated Eto'o who seems to be on fire these days.

zonalmarking.net is indeed a good site. While I'm not always agreeing with their analysis, they always provide a lot of information to back their views.

10. rustynation

rustynation New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Doesn't Fritz always get injured right before games against Inter?

11. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    2 years ago, we collected 4 points in the CL vs. Inter. That will be almost impossible with the injury problems.

Some news concerning Frings and Pizarro. Pizarro is out for about a month
    and Frings will miss the Inter match and Leverkusen before he can restart training.

12. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Huge dissapointment for Boenisch. There were complications with the healing of his knee injury so he will be out for 4 to 6 months. :eek:

It is insame how many long term injured players we have. :(

14. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I beg to differ..try topping us, its practically "Impossible"..Just lost our best goal-scorer, AGAIN! Man am losing count...jinx cant even describe this:mad:

www.fotobahn.com

15. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    no worries this arguement may carry over to buli2...btw, GO NUCKS its your year :)!! Pray Winnipeg gets our Jets back :D

16. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Prödl ist out for the next weeks (muscle rupture). :( Get well soon.

17. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    According to the kicker and Werders homepage he is even out for the reamaning matches. :eek:

What a f*** season. All the best on the way of recovery.

18. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm speechless and that says alot. He changed my opinion of him so far. I wish him a full recovery and continues to improve next season.

19. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    That was clear. Pizarro got an injury at a worthless friendly with his NT and he will be missed for some weeks. This season the gods of football are really not on our side. :(

20. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Clemens Fritz suffers under a pulled tendon and is out for 6 weeks.

21. Aluscardum

Aluscardum Member

May 31, 2009
    British Columbia
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Eff.

22. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And thais means Aaron Hunt is Captain and we have reached an all-time low.

23. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    I did not want to revive this thread, but Sebastian Prödl suffers under a rupture of the muscle fibre and will be out for 2-3 weeks. Bargfrede will be missed even longer, because of a knee injury. Akpala has a harmstring injury and Özkan Yildirim has inguinal problems. Davie Selke returned with a flu from the U19 EC, but should be back in training up to the weekend.

24. buddenbohm

buddenbohm Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Brooklyn via Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Von Haacke is still rehabing his knee too

25. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Mem, Alejandro Galvez suffered a syndesmosis ligament tear from the Leverkusen match and will be out for some weeks. :( All the best on the way of recovery.