Werder Bremen - General News Thread

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by v2j20284, Aug 26, 2010.

1. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Funny...when I left the house this morning it was 1-0 St. P and I doubt I left with the same coloured socks on both feet. 12 hours of work later I find out Bremen win 3-1 and my socks don't match. Does that mean I am unlucky and an idiot? Apparently so :eek:...

2. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nah, you just need to change socks during the matches from now on. ;)

3. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Daniel Jensen gave yesterday an interview with a local newspaper and there he told that he is very unhappy that he was not in the squad for the Dortmund match and he thinks that the reason for his non-nomination is that coach Schaaf dislikes him as a person ... This afternoon Werder made public that Jensen is released from training, the last BL match and the post-season friendlies. Or directly said, without this political correct formulations, Jensen got fired !!!

It did not speak for Schaaf, that Jensen was not even on the bench vs. Dortmund at his last home match after 7 years, but according to KATS Jensen was not fit and the match was very important. Furthermore Schaaf probably wanted to set a sign and only wanted 100% fit players with moral in the squad (otherwise the non-nomination of Arnautovic would have been hard to explain). In any case what Jensen did was complete bullsh*t. If every normal business you get fired if you criticize your boss or your company in public. And this guy thinks that it is any different only because he can kick a ball. This is pro football, not a Kindergarten, where somebody stole Jensens sandwich and now he is crying. Man, Daniel, I feel sorry that your stay at Werder ends like this, you don't deserve such an end, but what you did now is a no-go and you can't complain about being fired.

4. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I´m also not very happy with this situation. I always liked Jensen as a person and as a player. Especially thinking back to that glorious season where the likes of Jensen and Vranjes "completly ripped apart" Real Madrid :D

Of course, his behaviour was highly unprofessional. But I think it would have been nice seeing him as a coach of one of our junior teams.

5. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Me, too. I liked him, too. I have the impression that the communication at Werder is not very positive since some time. I don't think people should leave because of it, but it should be worked hard on it to improve it.

6. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Torsten Frings' contract will not be extended for the upcoming season!

http://www.werder.de/de/profis/news/33347.php

Our captain would have liked to play another season for the club and end his career with a succuessful run in the league. But as Allofs said his contract could not be extended due to athletic and financial motives.

In my opinion it´s the right decision at the right time. Frings cost us 4,3m€ every year. This huge amount of money could not be justified in relation to what he showed on the pitch. Additionally it is the right sign concerning the changes which have to take place in our roster.

Allofs wants to build a success-hungry, young team, which could be able to reach a European competition next year. Young players have proven that they can succeed just as good as older ones do. And they are cheaper! Which is essential for our unfortunately lower budget!

Now the major questions are what´s going to happen with Mertesacker, Wiese and Naldo! Welt Online stated that the former will not extend his contract with Bremen.

7. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    At least it is almost certain that Ekici signed a contract at Werder. Even on the Werder homepage there is a comment on the interest in him.

If Mertesacker leaves Allofs should try to sign Zanka from F.C. København.

8. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. Wappy

Wappy Member

Jun 18, 2007
    HK
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

long time away from the werder forum!

agreed, I am very sorry Jensen's stay in Bremen ended like this. Isn't this just like Vranjes' sometime ago? Both players deserve their respects - they were able servants and helped Werder through many rough patches the last six years. I find it quite bewildering and regretful how KATS just decided to 'dump' them abruptly. Of course they will feel frustrated.

At the best to Frings as well, I guess he will definitely be back with a coaching role.

I hope KATS can learn their lessons and really, seriously, buy some quality defenders.

10. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Indeed a very good transfer concerning the bad finishing this season.
    I hope he can help us, best of luck for Mehmet.

11. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    20 years old Pascal Testroet will be out for the post-season friendlies and is also kicked-out from the pro-team training. Reason: He was 90 minutes on the bench at the Kaiserslautern away match and complained about it at Facebook. :rolleyes:

Poor boy, how can a coach be so arrogant and does not sub in a player without BL experience, who only made the squad for that match because of Pizarros and Wagners injury.:D

12. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    The first post-season match took place today in Salzgitter (a city in the South of Lower Saxony). Werder won 8-0, Arnatovic (4), Schindler (2), Wesley and Hunt scored. It was a charity match, the money from tickets, sponsoring, ... is used for charity projects in Salzgitter.

13. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great to see the boys finally found their scoring touch......:rolleyes:

14. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Against lower-division teams the scoring machine really seems to work. Yesterday evening Werder won 14-2 at Union Minden (Landesliga, 7th division).
    Arnautovic (3), Hunt (3), Schindler (2), Husejinovic (2), Stevanovic, Schiller, Anderson and Bargfrede with the goals.

At the squad planning for next season it is like for now Allofs concentrates on the defense. There are rumors that Petri Pasanen get a new contract to keep him in the team as an experienced player (this does not speak for Allofs planning, because Pasanen got his "good-bye celebration" at the Dortmund match and two weeks later, he is asked to stay, but well as a central defender Pasanen can probably play at BL standard, but as fullback he was horrible this season [and I don't want to see him play there anymore]). Speaking about the fullback position there are reports about Werder being interested in signing Lukas Schmitz (22 years) from Schalke. Schmitz is a talented player, he has his strengths in the offense and plays more like a left winger than a fullback.

15. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Sebastian Mielitz extended his contract to 2013.

16. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Villareal target rebel Arnautovic

Villareal must be assuming they will lose Rossi or Nilmar or both.

17. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    According to some newspapers/news sites (kicker included) Werder is interested in Tom Trybull, a young defensive midfielder (also played central and right back) from Hansa Rostock.

Edit: Sebastian Boenisch got a contract extension until 2012 to give him the chance to get fit and help the team again. All the best on the way to recovery, Sebastian.

18. DHHH

DHHH New Member

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Ekici REALLY played well yesterday vs. Belgium. Im really looking forward to see him at our team.

19. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    It is done. Tom Trybull signs a 3 years contract at Werder, while Timo Perthel joins Hansa Rostock. Best of luck for both players. :)

20. WerderBremenYank

Apr 7, 2005
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

is this guy any good?

21. DHHH

DHHH New Member

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    What do you guys say about an return of Klose? I guess he is over the hill.

22. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    A German U18 NT player, who made this season the jump from U19 BL to 3. Liga. But the jump to the BL is another step, so normally he needs to collect experience.

He is too expensive (salary-wise) and not welcomed by a lot of Werder fans.

23. DHHH

DHHH New Member

May 30, 2011
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    What are we gonna do with Rosenberg??

Testroet to Offenbach btw.

24. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope Rosenberg can come back and find his form. He is better than Wagner or what we've seen from Avdic.

25. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    A lot of movement at the reserve:
    Stefan Ronneburg --> Carl Zeiss Jena
    Bernd Gerdes --> Hessen Kassel
    José-Alex Ikeng --> Ingolstadt
    Kevin Maek --> Alemannia Aachen
    Ralf Bulang, Yannis Becker, Kevin Artmann, Thorsten Tönnies, Alexander Hessel, Jannik Löhden and Tim Thiele leaving as well.

Marcus Mlynikowski, Bernd Düker, Malte Grashoff, Marco Prießner, Florian Nagel, Clemens Schoppenhauer (all Werder U19), Leon Henze (Wolfsburg U19) and Niklas Hörber (Nürnberg II) joining the team.

There are also thoughts about letting some players from the next seasons U19 train with the reserve and giving them some matches. Potential candidates could be e.g. Niclas Füllkrug or Özkan Yildirim.

It is planned that Markus Rosenberg plays next season for us except another club make an interesting offer. Markus Rosenberg is another striker type than Wagner or Avdic. He can be useful at counter situations.

Btw: I like last seasons Santander shirt:
    [​IMG]