Werder Bremen - General News Thread

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by v2j20284, Aug 26, 2010.

1. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Sebastian Prödl says in an interview he wants Werder to strengthen the squad and will decide based on Werders future plans and perspective to negotiate with Werder about a long term contract (current one ends in 2015) or to look for another team.

http://www.kreiszeitung.de/sport/werder-bremen/proedl-spricht-abschied-3410938.html

---

My personal opinion: It is legitimate to think about the future since Prödl is with 26 years in the best age for a footballer and surely is interesting for some clubs. But it took him a while to develop and show good performances. He should take in mind that Werder offered him a good environment to develop.

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #902 Epitome990, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    My issue with Prödl is his inconsistency at times. It's easy for him to speak now with the team in a good run of games defensively, but he will have periods where his form is just bad. His game is maturing this season, so I won't mind resigning him. But only if the price is reasonable. Werder has been in talks to sign that Spanish centreback Alex Galvez from Rayo Vallecano in summer. If Prödl does choose to move on then I think we'll still have sufficient coverage with Luki, Caldirola, Kroos can play CB, Galvez?, and maybe even a youth prospect to be promoted.

3. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Aaron Hunt contract discussion still undecided. The news rumour about Leverkusen's interest is apparently false. Contact with other clubs like Besiktas are also denied.

4. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Galvez is younger than Prödl but I'm not sure how well he can potentially replace him. I rate Caldirola's play as decent this season. Some rumours about Luki as on the way out as well so they will be a need for more center defenders. Also a concern will be the left back position next season. With Garcia injured maybe til rest of this season, I'm not sure how management will decide on his buying option.

5. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    #905 "Eisenfuß" Eilts, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    Philipp Bargrfrede extended his contract until 2017. He is medicore and injury prone, but he has fighting spirit, is from the region and identifies with Werder. So I am ok with it, if Eichin offered him a fair (BL midtable) salary.

6. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  7. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    New rumours that Ignjovski is attracting transfer interest from other Bundesliga and La Liga teams in the summer. He's been a hugely important player this second round of the season, so he's one that hopefully stays with us in the future.

Mehmet Ekici looks likely to be sold in the summer. With the injuries and form, it's not working out for him. Best for him to move on to somewhere else.

8. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Weser-Kurier Hunts player manager is in Istanbul and negotiate with Besiktas.
    I am not surprised about his departure plans, but I thought EPL sides had a preference
    (because of his parents), but Istanbul also fits because of his Turkish GF.

9. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That Turkish persuasion...

[​IMG]

Epitome990 and "Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  10. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Diagnosis on Felix Kroos is he suffered a capsular injury in his left knee as well a bone compression. He will miss the coming weeks.

Ignjovski has turned down the second offer contract extension from the team, and is now likely to be a summer transfer away. We'll probably be in the market for a new right back now, but it also gives Luca-Milan Zander an opportunity to emerge.

11. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Former Werder, Kaiserlautern and Greece NT coach Otto Rehhagel is honored by the DFB for his lifetime archievement. Congrats, Otto. :)

[​IMG]

KDelzer and Epitome990 repped this.
  12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    "Eisenfuß" Eilts and KDelzer repped this.
  13. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Frank Baumann will leave Werder as director of professional football and scouting next summer 2015 when his contract ends. Although a class player during his playing days, I don't believe he is quite suited for that role. I also find his track record of scouting to be not so good in recent years. Thoughts?

14. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    It is hard to judge for me, because Baumann worked in the background. If he preferes to work as a coach I am ok with it. And in the scouting department Werder has indeed to make some changes. The last years undeer Allofs the scouting was poor and currently it seems like Eichin is always on the road. Cudos for the effort, but from my perspective it does not sound efficient.

15. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    http://www.werder.de/en/aktuell/news/49035.php

Eichin: "We have to compensate for his departure"
    10.04.2014, 19:15:45 Uhr

After Frank Baumann announced this week that he was stepping down as director of professional football and scouting with SV Werder Bremen following the 2014-15 season, manager Thomas Eichin offered a calm reaction on Thursday. "I work very closely with Frank. He let me know last year that he would like to hand over his post. We have been working on this plan for a while. It will certainly be a big loss. Frank did a great job with his factual and calm manner. We have to compensate for his departure," said Eichin in a press chat.

‘Baumi', who played for SVW for 10 years, nine of those as captain, became the seventh former Werder player to be named as honorary captain. But he plans on leaving in the summer of 2015. The 38-year-old did not announce any reasons for leaving the club. "Thomas said it all before, the decision was made a while ago. I told the management with plenty of lead time because I want the club to be able to find a replacement for me. It is definitely not the case that I am unsatisfied or anything like that. I enjoy very much so my job as director and do it gladly. But I had never done a career planning in my life. I said back under Klaus Allofs that I would only like to do this job for a couple years but then I could imagine doing something in other areas. I believe this point has come for next year."

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #916 Epitome990, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    What I liked about Baumann were his efforts to build stronger connections for youth talents towards reaching the pro club. I hope whoever the replacement is next summer will also apply the same initiatives, along with a more proactive scouting system. Perhaps moving to a youth coaching and development position would fit more to Baumann's strengths.

17. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #917 KDelzer, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    Yildrim who recently suffered another injury this time his groin, will likely be out for remainder of this season. Ignjovski and Felix Kroos completed individual training, and reported to return to team practice near end of the week. Though looking uncertain for the upcoming games.

18. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Some points from new Bild interview with Eichin:

Eichin wants to selectively improve the team. Main summer transfer target is an offensive player to score goals. Kaiserslautern's Zoller has been listed as candidate, along with some Italian players.

He hopes players like Di santo, Garcia, Caldirola, Makiadi can improve and be top performers.

Ekici and Schmitz likely to be sold as there's no plans with them.

Prödl and Elia should stay as they played an important role this season.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/werder-bremen/so-wird-die-neue-saison-geplant-35672268.bild.html

19. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ozkan Yikdrim's season is over as he undergoes groin surgery. It's been another difficult, injury-filled season for him. Hopefully he rehabs in time for training camp. He'll need to stay clear of injuries if he wants to make it at the top level.

20. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Now that Werder (with HSVs loss today) and Rayo Vallecano both succefully avoided relegation, we can expect that the transfer of CB Alejandro Gálves will be made official this week. :)

21. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Eisenfuß" Eilts repped this.
  22. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Former Werder play Alexander Nouri joins Werders coaching staff. The current head coach of VfB Oldenburg (RL Nord) should assist Dutt and U23 coach Skripnik and improve the connection between both teams.

Well, that sounds to me like someone who does Frank Baumanns job, but not in a management function, but on the pitch. Trying to improve the process of promoting talents to the first team can't hurt, but I am not sure if one really demand so many people around the team.

23. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Aaron Hunt won a fair-play medal (from the German Olymic Association), because of the match in Nuremberg, where the referee decided penalty, but Hunt convinced the referee that he had not been fouled hard by Pinola. Congrats, Aaron.

KDelzer repped this.
  24. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well done, Aaron. Class act, he will be missed.

25. KDelzer

KDelzer Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Bremen at heart
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Werder's 14/15 jersey released. Looks nice, looking fwd to this . :)

461902351079854080 is not a valid tweet id