Werder Bremen - General News Thread

Discussion in 'SV Werder Bremen' started by v2j20284, Aug 26, 2010.

1. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    That would be a bad joke. Dominik Schmidt showed once more a good performance at the full back position. The guy is more than 10 years younger than Silvestre and shows spirit, because he wants playing time.

That must be rewarded.

2. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    OMG, KATS think about extending Frings contract. The guy earns currently 4.5 million € a year and is besides Pasanen and Silvestre the slowest player on the pitch.

3. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Again, I was sent away from home by my work and came back late last night. Good enough to rise early and watch Werder v Kaisers. This team is in disaster...they had the man advantage for a good 15 minutes and couldn't score with multiple opportunities. There always seems to be 3 or 4 players on the pitch at any given time who have thier heads inserted in dark places, and with Sad Wagner leading the charge in that department we may as well have 10 men on. Since I have been away, what happened to Wesley? I like what I see in Thy and Schmidt and I only hope they evolve despite the rest of the crap performances by their team mates. Nasty game btw...could have been a UFC fight I was watching. Later gang - good to be back home :).

4. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    That is a bunch of idiots on the pitch. The 2nd half of the season will be fighting against relegation. The problem is that the players and KA haven't understood it yet. :mad:

5. SlantNGo

SlantNGo Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wesley got injured I believe 3 weeks ago. His loss has been crucial to say the least. He was the only guy in the center of midfield who could actually retain the ball and was a tireless runner too.

6. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm already looking around the trade rumours today. There's 12 days left to the open window. Some of the Werder hints were about Almieda leaving for Lazio and signing Curtis Davies from Aston Villa. A CB if not an LB could help us right now. I watched the Stutti v Bayern match today and shut it off at 5-1. It appears they are looking for the LB position as well. I am also convinced that Manny Neuer will be starting in Bayern's net after the winter break. Later guys, Dolphins are in a must win for a play-off spot and the game starts now.

7. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hows Lennart Thy doing in Werder Bremen?

I think he is a great prospect from what i've seen in the U17 Euro last year, where he won the golden boot

8. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Do you really think Magath will sell him when they are alive in the CL? Not a likely scenario. I'm not convinced he will even leave in the summer, but we shall see.

9. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    He got some playing time in the last matches. Ten minutes vs. Tottenham, 20 minutes vs. Dortmund and close to 30 minutes vs. Kaiserslautern. He is not a ready BL player yet, but IMHO he has a goal instinct and that is a good basis for a striker talent.

I heard many LB rumours, too. Today kicker reported about an interest in signing Behrang Safari from FC Basel. At least the guy has a funny name. :D
    About Davies, well, we already have clumsy, technic limited defenders in Prödl Pasanen and at times Mertesacker, so he fits. :rolleyes:

10. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ya, you're right on second thought...it's just that with Bayern money seems to make the un-likely likely. It did not occur to me till after that Schalke is also in CL. An all German club final would be interesting!

11. v2j20284

v2j20284 Member

Apr 15, 2010
    San Francisco
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. Wappy

Wappy Member

Jun 18, 2007
    HK
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess thats another poor piece of business.

Almeida will be missed, the past four years he has always been a capable performer and this season he seems to be in a rich vein of form. I cringe now to see Wagner taking his place. Best of luck in Besiktas!

13. Brandon313

Brandon313 Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Raleigh NC
    our team is literally whithering away...I have gotten to the point where I don't even want to get up to see the games, or even check the scores because I know i'll be embarassed. I saw Almeida's departure coming, but anyone who thinks that Wagner is half the player Almeida is must be insane...

14. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hopefully Lennart Thy will step up sooner rather than later. Thy is actually rated as high as Mario Goetze from Dortmund in the 1992 age group. The kid was the golden boot (and of coz gold medalist) of the U17 Euro

Thy's potential is enormous and is a lot different to Wagner for example.

15. bullethead

bullethead Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm wondering......exactly how do we expect to score any goals now? Anyways.....he was going to be free of transfer after this season, and an extension was apparently not possible. I can't blame him for not wanting to stick around.

This season is in shambles.....at least now we can (hopefully) concentrate on trying to discover the potential of our younger players. That's about the only thing I can be positive about.....other than avoiding relegation.

(I was going to try to attend my first WB match in February or March. I think now, I will settle for a Europa league PSG match.)

Damn.

16. Radone

Radone New Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Romania
    Club:
    --other--
    Hi guys,

any info in Germany regarding a possible transfer of Eric de Oliveira, from Gaz Metan Medias? According to his agent, Bremen is one of his possible destinations...

17. bullethead

bullethead Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'd actually be quite excited if this could happen. Definitely a quality player.

He seems to be linked/mentioned with several BL sides.....no significant chatter that I could find about it online though.

18. willy_svw

willy_svw Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bremen, Germany
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Coming back from Christmas holidays I honestly have to read that Bremen decided to sell Almeida for 2m€. :(
    Giving away our best striker in a crucial situation like ours is insane tbh. It´s always the same with Allofs: he sells the players that are linked with other clubs when they are not willing to extend their contract in order to get a transfer fee.
    Micoud, Klose, Diego, Özil and Almeida are only some examples for this kind of behaviour. And I believe it´s dumb. I think we should have handled it like Bayern in an either all or nothing style. Worked with Ribery and Schweinsteiger. Of course they have different circumstances but still: If the money that comes in will not be invested in new players so why sell them ? This policy might keep the club in a good position financially, but obviously ruins it in the at least as important athletic aspect. :confused:

19. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    You're also linked with Kostas Mitroglou from Olympiakos in my country

20. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    100% agree. This move only makes sense if you have a substitute at hand (like at the Micoud/Diego transfer) or have great trust in the remaining player. The later is very risky, because we have only one reliable scorer in Pizarro that sadly suffered a lot under injury problems. Arnautovic, Wagner and the youngsters are no ready players.

21. WinniWerder

WinniWerder Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Winnipeg
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19PZlJdyVIM"]YouTube - Kostas Mitroglou - The Greek Pistolero[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5mIvrrisq0"]YouTube - Eric de Oliveira Pereira[/ame]​

22. bullethead

bullethead Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bild had a piece regarding WB/Mitroglou today...looks as if that's more likely than Oliveira at this point.

Mitroglou has played in the BL previously, and according to his family, speaks German better than he speaks Greek. I'll say this...he definitely imposes a physical presence up front. I can't recall when we've had someone like that.....it'd be interesting to see how things develop if he ends up at WB. Hell, any change will be interesting......

23. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    He scores nice goals but the problem with him is that he misses easy chances

24. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    No difference to Almeida. :D

New rumor:
    According to a Swedish newspaper we are after Denni Avdić from Elfsborg and the transfer is in an advantage stage. Avdić is 22 years old and scored 19 goals in 29 league matches.

newspaper source

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOnZ89CMYYs"]Denni Avdić[/ame]

25. "Eisenfuß" Eilts

Jul 1, 2005
    In the sun ;)
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen