Welcome FC Edmonton!

Discussion in 'FC Edmonton' started by CFCHawkNation, Feb 9, 2010.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still better than FC New York lol.

[​IMG]

Now THAT is an MS Paint logo.

I kinda like the general idea and colors of the FCE crest, there's just too much going on. Way too many bevel/shadow effects and the soccer ball looks tacked on. Plus the word "Edmonton" should probably be more prominent than the "FC". But then again I'm a graphic designer so I pick apart every new sports logo that comes out haha.

The important thing is that the FCE organization seems like a real top notch operation.

2. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FC Edmonton Pens Partnership with PMI
    [​IMG]

By Andreas Morse
    FC Edmonton

FC Edmonton has come to terms with Playbook Management International (PMI) for the 2011 season. With this agreement, PMI and FC Edmonton plan to use all their resources to create a tradition, culture and fan-fare worthy of the FC Edmonton name.

PMI, led by Michael Hitchcock, has been successful in building fan bases for several MLS clubs and FC Edmonton General Manager Mel Kowalchuk sees this partnership as one of the first critical steps in working towards a successful launch of FC Edmonton in the NASL on April 9.

“We are extremely pleased to have PMI join the FC Edmonton team as we prepare for our inaugural season in the NASL,” Kowalchuk said. “The expertise and experience Michael Hitchcock and his team bring to FC Edmonton should help ensure our inaugural season is a success on and off the pitch.”

http://www.fcedmonton.com/content/fc-edmonton-pens-partnership-pmi

3. Blue Lou

Blue Lou Member

Nov 13, 2006
  4. jp917

jp917 Member

Feb 17, 2011
    nyc
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  5. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    a. that guy is pretty good. the Rochester Rhino logo is about 100000000x better than the one they have now (maybe re-coloured to include green).

b. i have thought for years that the Columbus Crew need to get rid of the "The" on the logo and replace it with "Columbus" and his version looks awesome.

c. that FC Edmonton logo is pretty darn amazing ... the club should definitely hire the guy to redo their logo because their logo is so pathetic that it doesn't rise to the level of laughing stock.

d. not a big fan of the NE Revolution stuff but that is more because the "red, white, blue" americana theme isn't really fertile ground for good design work.

6. jp917

jp917 Member

Feb 17, 2011
    nyc
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    almost anything is better than the current fc edmonton and rochester rhinos logos

7. XaviusX

XaviusX Member

Mar 21, 2001
    Tampa, Florida
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? I quite like FC Edmonton's logo. However, I agree that Rochester's needs a face lift.

8. MuzzaFC

MuzzaFC Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Love concept art like this, I wish the Bakersfield Buckaroos existed.

9. strobe_z

strobe_z New Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Edmonton, AB
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada