Welcome Carlo Ancelotti

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't dodge anything because i didn't read past your hypocritical statement.

Perhaps you should try this when your balls drop.

Chinky24 repped this.
  2. jeremy123

jeremy123 Red Card

May 22, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He finally changed his tactics. He learned from his mistakes. Well done. Keep it this way for Munich. Counter-attack.

3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imo this was one of his main problems, sticking to something that isn't working, especially in these big games. Kudos to him for changing to Mourinhos tactics.

4. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of you need to pull the huge sticks out of your asses.

Zidane05 and Crimson repped this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Be specific, who?

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think Carlo did anything brilliant tactically, and again, no substitutions till the end, but for the first time in a big game, the team was very focused.

7. Real4Real

Real4Real New Member

Sep 16, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know if this has been posted here before, but this is a great Zlatan interview where he talks about our ex-coaches Mourinho and Capello, and he also has some very nice things to say about Ancelloti as well. Skip to 5:40 for the Carlo part.

From the outside looking in, we can tell how Carlo has brought some peace to this team, but it's interesting to see what else he brings from a player's perspective.

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone who can't give Carlo some props after that win. If he gets shit on and blamed for recent slip ups he should get praise for this. Coming off so negative after such a solid win is weird to me. This may not apply to you, Jeremy, etc.. on ALL topics but some of this stuff is a drag to read. Some fans don't even seem to have fun with this stuff anymore, putting more emphasis on trying to be "right" or look smart. Who gives a shit?

Chinky24, YOUNGSTARS87 and RMSocrates repped this.
  9. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    I still think forcing Barcelona wide and restricting the impact of them playing through the middle was brilliant as well as the pressure put on Biscuits, who we saw make several uncharacteristic mistakes.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am under the impression that Barcelona play through the flanks a whole lot more than usual under Martino. Maybe that's why Alexis had such a good season until he was dropped.

11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ancelotti just needed to be smart enough to follow the blueprint, and he did. All his achievements are not a fluke, he's an elite manager.

12. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I kind of understand the substitution thing because:

1) Even though they were dominating the ball, it was still all 1-way traffic in terms of who was creating chances. Even after the goal, their next chance was when Neymar hit the post. We had several chances in between Bartra's goal and Bale's goal.

2) Barca had used 2 of their subs very early. They pulled off Alba at the half and Cesc very early in the 2nd half. The game looked to be headed to extra time.

3) We had only 1 offensive sub we could make, Morata.

I think he was fine holding back those subs until they had the maximum impact. Then when Bale scored, we obviously just unloaded all our defensive subs. But had it continued, I do think Morata coming on in the 90th and running at a tired defense with fresh legs for 30 minutes would have resulted in a massive advantage.

I think in a vacuum his decision to hold back the subs made sense. But then when you look at the season as a whole, this is something he has done to our detriment at times, so I can see the criticism.

13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If anything, the substitutions despite being defensive, disrupted our defensive system and cohesion a bit in the end. The guy saw the team being compact and playing well, so he didn't see the need for subs. I would have done the same thing.

14. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I have questioned Carlo many times this season, especially with regards to "big" games and his approach but he is showing the tactical flexibility many have been pounding tables in protest for awhile (before his tenure even) these last two games and it looks like things are coming together at the right time. And now in addition to his CL Semifinal appearance trophy he also has the luxury of an advantage heading into the second leg which we have not had the last couple of seasons. Still work to be done though but I'm feeling good about our chances.

15. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    He doesn't win the big games they said
    [​IMG]
    He doesn't win the big games they said
    [​IMG]
    He sure is enjoying his time here right now
    [​IMG]

Anon., temesgen, CivilProtection and 9 others repped this.
  16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well done Carlo!

Zidane05 repped this.
  17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Lots of work still to be done, but glad some of that nonsense about the big games is done with.

Eddie, -Fifth CharM- and RMSocrates repped this.
  18. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    #868 -Fifth CharM-, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    This nonsense of trying to credit Ancelotti's work to Mourinho has to stop. Mourinho never played 4-4-2. Mourinho's tactics were on display for the entire world to see across town. Maybe, if he had changed to Ancelotti's tactics he might have actually won: instead of playing the epitome of anti-football.

temesgen and 4x4s repped this.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Relax it'a a (semi) joke. The tactics are very similar, and the philosophy is the same. Ancelotti is getting nothing but praise for his performances against Barca in CDR and Bayern in CL.

20. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carlo: "If they are fit, Bale, Benzema and Cristiano will all start on Tuesday"
    Not sure if Bale can do what Isco has been offering defensively.

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably just mind games.

22. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Definitely not mind games. You simply don't sit down a 100 million worth player in one of the biggest games. In saying that, we could possibly not see Bale playing because of his illness. I personally hope Isco can play because his defensive duties is amazing.

23. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    You do if it's tactically advantageous. I will be surprised and disappointed if we start BBC.

Eddie repped this.
  24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Carlo is going to shock us all and get CR and Bale to play D

25. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bale is just as capable of playing the Isco role as Isco is. Isco is not a good defender, he was given a job, committed to it, and did it well. Bale can do the same thing.

Anon. repped this.