Welcome Carlo Ancelotti

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Eddie, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Not sure what it is. It's a Florentino knee-jerk feeling (Zizou is ready!!).

There is apparently talk brewing about Zidane not being a fan of the 4-3-3 and Florentino now getting on board with that premise. Rumors in the press, from the pundits.... but given Uncle Flo's history, I wouldn't rule anything out.

You can't rule that out; we've all seen us win the CL with crap Liga teams (when I say "we've all" I don't mean all of us). I just don't see the quality and consistency from this side. Hope I'm wrong.

The Liga can be decided for us this weekend. If Atleti and Barca both win, I don't think we'll see them drop enough points the rest of the way.

Eddie and MadridFan22304 repped this.
  2. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lool, we havent done well in both in my lifetime. Its always been win the CL yet still struggle to qualify to next year's. Always was a matter of thin squads or just not coping with competing in multiple competitions though, this year its different..

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  3. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Carlo does get the chop, Laudrup or Blanc have to be considered.

4. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    What's his name, the Everton guy.. Roberto Martinez, he took a very direct Everton side and turned them into something pretty good.

Tbh, I dont watch Everton unless they play the bigger teams but lots of people on here and other places seem to talk very highly of him.

Plus, he's Spanish. :D

halamadrid00 and Akramzizou repped this.
  5. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Laudrups not working, is he?

Anyway I wouldn't sack ancelotti if he wins a title of some sort, even copa. I'd like to see him get a few years at the club, but I'm not overly impressed by the play I've seen so far.

If he doesnt win anything at all, though, we know what's likely given our recent history...

6. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carlo Ancelotti got an important phone call in the hours after the defeat in Seville. "Carlo, it's me, the president", said the voice on the other end of the line in a reassuring tone.

Florentino Pérez's intention was to make it clear to Ancelotti that he retains the full confidence of the board. Though his face was a picture in the box at the Pizjuán, the Real president continues to back the Italian to the hilt, having personally headhunted the former PSG coach.

"We believe in you", Florentino insisted
    Season is not over till June.

7. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Alma loves him. :D

I think Alma would like him more as technical director though..I think that's what was mentioned in the past. I agree though, he's got Everton playing very well.

Alma Merengue repped this.
  8. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Laudrup will wait until the end of the season before making a move. He's not stupid.

It would well be that both us and Barca may make a move for him. Rumours are that Barca are monitoring his movements.

9. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Huge Roberto Martinez fan. He's done some great work with so-so talent.

Eddie repped this.
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The press played Carlo like a fiddle there. They served up a quote that Mou said before we lost, and made it sound like he said it afterwards (they also printed it afterwards), presented it to Carlo and he had to respond with "Real Madrid plays for the title, unlike last season".

As if we didn't have enough trouble already.

11. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Did he lie? I mean, Ancelotti hasn't reached the heights of semifinalismo... but he isn't saying anything that isn't true.

12. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Does he get the same recognition and praise in Spain as he does in the UK? He's done fantastic work wherever he has managed. A step up yo the big boys beckons for him after another year or 2 at Everton.

13. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I don't see much written about him, but probably because he hasn't coached 'bigger' teams. He has been rumored to be a candidate for FCB post-Martino, but even those rumors have been tame.

He does a fantastic job teaching the game and getting players to execute his approach. What he's done with Everton's style of play is impressive.

RMSocrates repped this.
  14. WickedSensei

WickedSensei Member

Jan 4, 2007
    UK, Bristol
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Even if we don't win anything I hope we don't sack Carlo. The constant coach changes have never done us any real good. For awhile there we were playing some great football and scoring for fun with Carlo...but you could see over the last 4 games or so our level has dropped and struggled a lot more....and against Sevilla we started to look like last season team again.
    However I don't think it's Carlo's fault..I think it's more to fatigue then anything...we don't rotate much...Ronaldo and Xabi imo play too many minutes..hardly ever rested. And their are a bunch of players who's personal level has dropped. Sacking the coach again won't do any good. Plus we don't have to win a triple to have a successful season. We can beat Barca in Copa..and I have faith in the CL...we bought in a whole bunch of new players/coach so I can understand not winning the league this year but we are still in it.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  15. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we don't win anything, Carlo is gone. Considering our poor poor performances against the top teams in La Liga.

16. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree with demo one thing, some of you are pretty slow.

Perez is the problem because he makes decisions in order to satiate the emotional hunger of fans. Madrid loses, they are angry and want someone to "pay." They want players sold, everyone purchased, managers sacked, etc.This takes care of the mob but it weakens the team and you have the same problem the following year.

Long term thinking is not the Perez way because making decisions based on football is not his way. He makes decisions based on the fan's emotional state, and judging by this board that means ancelotti is fired, players will be sold, massive amounts of monies spent, and of course the same problems next year.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  17. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Uncle Flo does have a history of consulting this board for decisions. That part is true.

Eddie and 4x4s repped this.
  18. plyka

plyka Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Didn't he win 2 CL titles along with the one you brought up when he lost? Serious question here, was that luck? Mere coincidence? Could you have coached those teams to champions league glory as well?

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What is obvious is that the results have made him lose his calm a little bit. In the beginning of the season, when the press threw something at him, he ignored it. I think the team is under a lot of pressure.

MadridFan22304 repped this.
  20. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Firstly, I believe at the time in which he won the 2 UCL, the playing ground was much more level than it is now, for almost a period of 4-5 years when the world of football was looking for answers to combat tiki-taka followed by the resurgence of Bayern Munich, did he win anything during this period ? I hope he does, and proves me wrong.

Did he do anything against Barca to change the outcome while leading PSG in the q/f?

Again, winning a league and UCL are entirely two different ball games, where squad rotation does not play that much of a role as it does while playing in the league, and where you can field your best 11 without too much chopping and changing.Isn't it the same story with Ancelotti this season as well, as long as he was able to field his best 11, he was getting the results, but as soon injuries and suspensions came into play, he had choked massively and almost left us in a position from where winning the league is as difficult as it can get.

Isn't winning one scudetto in 8 seasons massively underachieving considering the team he had at its disposal( one of the best defences in club football, with an equally potent midfield and illustrious strikers in Inzaghi and Shevchenko).Even during the worst 8 years of our regime( 2005-2013), with coaches being changed like clothes we managed to win the league 3 times.

Honestly, do you think he has it in him to restore us to our previous illustrious status in world football?

21. MadridFan22304

MadridFan22304 Member+

Apr 26, 2012
    DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it depends on what you mean by that. We certainly aren't winning the CL 6 out 7 years again.

I think we can win every trophy we compete for with him playing. And I think we should give him the chance regardless. We did hire him.

Our illustrious modern status is one of the best teams in the country with the ability to win the CL and the league. And we are that right now.

22. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Getting good results against title contenders , then again it is his first season, lets see what happens at the end of season.

23. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Carlo Ancelotti in an interview with El Mundo Deportivo.

Ancelotti: Cristiano is progressing everyday, I won't rule him out of the Copa del Rey final but I also won't risk him.

Ancelotti: With or without Cristiano we can win against Barcelona. I won't change the system, the players are confident and I trust them.

Ancelotti: Cristiano is always missed when he doesn't play but the players aren't saying "oh my God what shall we do without him?"

Ancelotti: My players have shown confidence and know how to win without Cristiano. It's a great chance to show that in a final.

Ancelotti: The 3-4 loss to Barça was a game we could've won. The final tomorrow will be a chance to get our revenge.

Ancelotti: We want to show our quality tomorrow as opposed to limit Barça's quality. We want to show the best of Madrid.

Ancelotti: Tata Martino? In Spain there's a lot of hysteria. You go from being a genius to a disaster in few hours.

Ancelotti: The best referees are English because they referee with no pressure. Here, there's always controversy about referees.

Ancelotti: My experience as a player helps me with the way I treat mine today. Di Maria needed care in December and I gave that to him.

Ancelotti: Zidane speaks more to the players than I do because he knows them better. I don't speak much.

Ancelotti: Zidane does well when he speaks to the players. They all respect him and he has charisma. He'll be a great coach.

Ancelotti: Atlético are playing the style that fits their players but we can't play like them because it's doesn't fit us.

Ancelotti: I know that Bayern aren't happy for getting us as opponents. The Champions League is a very tricky competition and hard to win.

Ancelotti: The best Real Madrid version this season was our away game against Schalke. We played perfectly.

Ancelotti: Who will be the Copa del Rey final referee? Mateu Lahoz. I never asked about him nor did I talk to my players about referees.

Ancelotti: Sometimes I sleep late at night, I get 5 hours of sleep. What do I do? At times, movies.

Ancelotti: I'm obsessed about football. I watch games at home and at Real Madrid's sport city along with the players.

Ancelotti: My feeling at the end of the season? I'd like to stay I'm very, very optimistic.

Ancelotti: I'm happy living in Madrid because people here are like Italians. It's easier to communicate and not like in England.

Ancelotti: What gum I chew during games? Same as Carlos Carbajosa (Real Madrid press conference chief). I eat 13 or 14 a game, it's outrageous.

Ancelotti: I smoke as much as I eat game during matches. It's the same as before, not more.

Ancelotti: We can win it all (3 competitions) or lose it all but I'm very optimistic.

Ancelotti: As a coach, if I had to choose one team to play this final stretch of the season, without a doubt it would be Real Madrid.

Ancelotti: This Real Madrid team has talent, experience, youthfulness and character.

Ancelotti: I always stay up until 6:30 in the evening working with my technical staff then I go for a walk around the city. I'm calm.

Ancelotti: I don't like accompanying my wife shopping. She goes alone.

Ancelotti: It strikes me how Real Madrid's passion is felt everywhere in the universe. It's unique I didn't even experience that with Milan.

[​IMG]

24. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    All this sweet positive talk and optimism will come to nothing if he fails to deliver silerware this year .

25. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If he doesn't win anything this year, he will try again the next one.