Week 30 Away to Bremen

Discussion in 'Borussia Moenchengladbach' started by kgilbert78, Apr 8, 2012.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Short week this time. A point here would be great and then wrap up the CL spot on the weekend vs Koeln.

2. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I was really optimistic to remain in the 3rd spot and automatic entrance for the champions league group phase, but seems like schalke has that extra gear to kick in for these tough last weeks of the bundesliga..where we have not much left in the gas tank:(

I feel we have a good chance against bremen vs teams like hertha,no particular reason just my gut feeling..will be happy with a draw and i agree with Uwe why not bench dante till the end of the season:mad:

www.fotobahn.com

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I voted for a close defeat against a Werder team under huge pressure to win (and surely motivated to make up for their 0:5 defeat at BP) ... but well, let's wait up. We'll get a lot more space than against Hertha ... and this should suit us a lot, especially if Marco Reus gets fit to play. Much will depend on whether we'll manage to controll their offensive trio Marin, Pizzaro & Rosenberg. As we know, Marin & Pizzaro often rock against us.

I didn't say Favre should bench him ... I just said, I'd don't care/mind. Dante had a bad game in Hannover, but was our best player against Hertha ... so I don't think he'll get benched.

4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jantschke's out. Reus is questionable. Frankly, I think I'd not risk him in Bremen and let him go wild vs Cologne at home on the weekend. Three points vs Cologne would pretty much will wrap up that CL spot for us, given that the other teams have to play each other and that our goal difference is pretty good.

ESPN3 has the game for North American viewers at 2 pm tomorrow (which is blocked at my work as are videos in general due to bandwidth).

5. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    From the looks of it, seems like bremen and the coaching staff..just don't want a simple win and they are trying to keep it chill and on the down-low but they want to win and a big one, a revenge so to speak...that is music to my ears:D So we can be sure they will come to play instead of bunkering up....i think it should be an interesting explosive game...and thats something we are capable of managing and perhaps repeat a victory to compliment our win in first leg against them;)

www.fotobahn.com

6. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We're playing better as we did in Hanover (being the better team from the start), but are down 0:1 at half time. Can't take our chances and gift them the lead (Dante). Typical for the recent weeks, we simply lack mental freshness. After the red card for Bremen ("Notbremse" from Bönisch against Herrmann), we're totally dominating the match and often get in good positions within & around their box ... but once again we lack concentration to score.

Let's wait up the second half.

Bremen sits very deep now, so we won't get much space ... what doesn't really suit our game. But we simply have to enforce the turnaround now with 11 vs 10, as Stuttgart comes closer and close (we have only 6 points lead of them left right now)!

7. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Here we go: Hanke 1:1 (nice shot)! :)

Are we going for the 3 points and first win in Bremen since a long time now?

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What's up with Dante??? :mad: Another mistake almost brought us the 1:2 lag.

Good luck in Munich.

9. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hanke again! :eek::) 2:1 after a great assist from Reus.

Our fans rocking the stadium now.

10. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2:2 Naldo (header after a totally unnecessary free-kick). Damn, we really suck at set-pieces lately.

15 minutes to go.

11. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OMG, what a chance we missed (Ring hitting the crossbar after a counter)! :eek:

12. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Both teams had great scoring opportunities one after another, but we got them first and if we had converted it would have been 2-0 before they scored,regardless my hat goes off to bremen to play for a full our with one man down and pull the second one in to make it 2-2!
    We played much better today but that finishing touch has dried out for us at the moment...what a beauty that was by alex ring..deserved to be goal:(

www.fotobahn.com

13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will take the point--but it should have been 3 after the early red card. Now only 7 points ahead of Stuttgart.

14. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Unfortunately, we were not able to win in Bremen even after a lead with 11 vs 10 ... but well, after all we finally scored again and take 1 point back home. 7 points lead over Stuttgart with four games left now, so we'll very likely need 1 more victory in order to seal spot 4.

15. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Very unlucky.. but I'm fine, the team showed a reaction and would have derserved the win. Let's trash Cologne at weekend, that's much more important to me.

@Borussia: I'm still more looking to 3rd place than to 5th.

16. HANS-GUNTER BRUNS

Mar 3, 2007
    VANCOUVER-BC
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Me to, i hope we can clench the 3rd,specially with todays result and schalke going down at Nurnberg;)

www.fotobahn.com