Wearing 2 socks while wearing cleats

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by trojan657, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff_Chicago

Jeff_Chicago New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Palatine, Illinois
    I wear a very thin ankle sock, and my regular Copa Edge sock and the fit is perfect!

2. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    the ankle "wristbands" are intended to hold up your shinguards, i agree they are pointless but you need to simmer down a bit.

Also, what is with your beef on "pub teams"? Just because someone that still plays past the youth level and isn't playing pro or semi pro doesn't make them a target for you to crap on. You need to check your attitude around here. You come off like an arrogant and annoying kid, and no one really takes you seriously.

I have 10/1 odds that you end up playing on a pub team on day in the not so distant future too bro.

3. bronxjragon

bronxjragon New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Pub team? I don't even play soccer Mr. "bigsoccer boards moderator" (insert, fruity :p smiley face here)

As for coming off like an arrogant, annoying kid who no one takes seriously...that's cuz I am a kid morons, you must feel good picking on 11 yr olds :rolleyes:

4. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't think any1 here actually cares what age anyone else is...as long as the member is mature enough to contribute properly than what does age have to do with it?

On another note, you seem to carry on alot about how the game is meant to be played for a person who doesn't even play football. We all enjoy football the way we play it, whether it is for a pub team or a Premiership club. What sport do you play - what do you use your boots that you have for?

In future, just try not to be so adimant to tear other people down. The world is a hard enough place already (you should know, coming from the bronx and everything), I'm sure some of the members don't come on the soccer boards to be ripped off...

I just want to compliment you on your general use of the English language...you write pretty well for an 11 year old.

Anyways, see you around, and hope to see you contribute more constructively, as you do in some threads.

5. Henry 14

Henry 14 New Member

Apr 23, 2006
    If your only 11 did you go to high school in a past life or something :confused:

6. bronxjragon

bronxjragon New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    I'm actually 20, but I like to pretend I'm 11 on the boards. As for the rest of you I apologize. Sometimes I feel like being constructive, other times things on this board seem so silly I have to put my 2 cents in.

And just a side note I don't take these boards seriously.

7. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

You could have fooled me.....and just about everyone you try to insult without being "serious".

8. bronxjragon

bronxjragon New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    umm, huh?

9. bronxjragon

bronxjragon New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    im not going to even bother trying to make sense of that post because someone posted this at a time they should have been sleeping rather than up late late at night

10. yunz

yunz New Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    now back to topic! i was thinking about cutting the bottom of my soccer socks and just play in regular socks but i thought that would be a waste. I usually wear two socks but i think that I do lose touch by wearing two socks.

I think I am going to wear two socks til I break them in, and then I'm going to wear just soccer socks. but yeah...
    I think the tape around the ankle is to hold up the shin guards. The sleeves that come with the shin guards don't do anything, so I use tape at the bottom and top of the shin guard to keep them in place.

11. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Please do not bump threads that are years old!

Thread closed!

appleCORR