Wearing 2 socks while wearing cleats

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by trojan657, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trojan657

trojan657 New Member

May 6, 2006
    Who here wears 2 socks for a better fit...I do sometimes, I wish I didn't though, I had 10.5 F-50 and I had to wear those with 2 socks, so I got a 10 in Absolutes, they feel the same size as my 10.5, but anyways j/w if anyone else wears two socks...and if you think it could affect your touch...

2. Henry Porter

Henry Porter Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen players use pantyhose on the inside instead of another pair of socks. That might help you.

3. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sometimes i wear 2 pairs of socks. Ive stopped doing it as often though. Im not sure if it affects ur shot or not. I think it depends on the person. Personally, i think it makes my shots a bit weaker. But i know some people who think otherwise. So it all a matter of personal preference.

4. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    makes my toes feel to squished together when I wear two pairs. I only do so with my azt90III's though.

5. SwandelPark

SwandelPark New Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Ive always wore two pairs of socks.My feet feel really tight.Thats how I like it.
    Normally its:
    -Blue football socks
    -Small white ankle socks
    -White strapping tape around my ankles.

6. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i do because just wearing nothing under the shinguards feels uncomfortable to me i put the regular socks then shinguards then soccer socks

7. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I always wear two socks as well, because it's a great way to prevent blisters. I usually use really thin running socks.

8. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer New Member

Jan 13, 2004
    It will prevent blisters, as they are caused by friction between your foot, and the sock, and wearing two pairs makes that friction happen between the two socks.

However, your foot is no longer held in place as tightly by the boot, so it will move around as the inside sock will slide around against the outside sock (if you know what I mean!).

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I only ever wear 1 pair of socks i feel that i can feel the touch of the ball better and whats the point in having thin boots like vapors if you are just going to wear 2 pairs of socks?

appleCORR

10. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England

Exactly what I do, although out of vanity I wear the thin ankle socks on the outside, usually in another color (contrasting to my team's colored socks), if I don't, my vapors blister me.

11. trojan657

trojan657 New Member

May 6, 2006
    Sometimes when I do wear one sock it's always nice comfortable adidas football socks, I feel when I wear those its like wearing 1 thin sock and a 1 normal sock...does anyone else feel this way when you're wearing football socks...My dad says that that's what soccer boots are supposed to be worn with, soccer socks..

12. OutKast3000

OutKast3000 New Member

Jan 7, 2004
    I have started to buy my boot tighter so that I don't have to wear double socks.

I think that I get more blisters while double socking it....but I could be wrong.

And it depends on the sock -- a thin sock like some of the higher dollar nike's require a double sock for me. But I really like some of the mid raange diadora's that have a thick footbed and I don't double sock it.

13. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I used to, but i realised something...

Why buy such expensive boots which supposedly give you a better fit and touch, if you have to wear more socks and stuff to make it alright? its sortas counter-productive. I once wore 2 pairs with my AZT 90 III's and my feet felt so heavy and farr from the ball.

14. socca_playa

socca_playa New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    Last season, i wore double socks, mainly because my shoes were a bit bigger for me, but now I only wear one sock, n it feels MUCH better, better touch, send better balls, better controls. I can actually feel the ball n my feet feel light. Also, my feet can finally breethe.

15. yellowtruck61

yellowtruck61 New Member

Jul 27, 2005
    lil d, TX
    i have always worn two pair of socks, but recently i have started wearing 1 pair of VERY thin puma running socks and a regular pair of soccer socks and the feel is so much better!

16. JUKE BOX8

JUKE BOX8 New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    SAN josie
    Yeah, i wear thin socks then soccer socks so pretty much 1 and a half pairs of socks? :) but yeah i like the feel alot better with 2

17. vanity_soccer13

Apr 14, 2004
    my feet sweat so much more when I double up, and I think I get more blisters from that than normal. so, I understand where you're coming from.

18. RedDevil08

RedDevil08 New Member

Mar 16, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I've been playing with 2 pairs of socks since I was 12 years old and this week was the first time I went without an under sock or an ankle/sport sock. It's been great! No blisters, slip, nor movement in my boots...

19. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    running socks below normal... makes everything a lot easier to play with.

20. bronxjragon

bronxjragon New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    I hate wearing soccer socks so what I do is I just cut the foot off of the soccer socks, and wear my own socks and put on whats left of the soccer socks just to be in uniform with the rest of my team's socks. So I'm wearing my own socks ( just cheat white tube socks) and I just slide on the cut feet soccer socks.

P.S. I know a lot of scrubs back in high school who wore two pairs of socks because they somehow thought it was cool but I think its fcking g@y. Also with the ankle tape crap. I think thats pretty g@y too. Just play the damn game! Enough with the accersories and nonsense. Wristbands, headgear, ankle accesories (I've actually seen people play with little bands like wristbands but for the ankle....when the f do you need to use ur ankle to wipe the sweat off ur face? Thats why u have a wristband). Play the game it was meant to be played and only wear stuff necessary. I remember seeing someone's picture they posted here I don't know who it was but they in the picture he was celebrating with his team (which looked like a pubteam to me). He was wearing accelerators, with ankle tape (probably two pairs of socks to be cool), and had like 5 green wristbands on (not the kind to wipe sweat from ur face...the cancer wristband kind). Play the game!

Sorry for the angry rant, but damn people are so superficial!

21. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I always wear 2 pairs of socks. The pros will tell you that its best to hae your boot tight on your foot.

22. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Wearing two pairs of socks has nothing to do with looks. I wear 2 pairs because I like the boots tight not loose moving around my foot. I am sure many agree with me.

23. bronxjragon

bronxjragon New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    not really

24. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahahaha!!

"when the f do you need to use your ankle to wipe sweat off your face?!"

CLASSIC!

appleCORR

25. nikewarrior5

nikewarrior5 New Member

May 28, 2006
    Englewood
    umm, i think touch would apply to your cleat, i.e. i have Mv3's and i wear 2 socks and it hasnt affected my touch, but if u had a cleat with more layers it might affect your touch, but as aforementioned it really is personal preference