We want Adu

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by BenfromUSA, May 29, 2013.

1. Zoidberg

Zoidberg Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    I hate agreeing with a half Latin hoser so often.

2. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you think Adu meant to turn and dribble past two defenders to set up Bradley with a golden chance at the 5:00 mark? :)

3. wixson7

wixson7 Member+

May 12, 2009
    boulder

hey, i'm a fan of Adu, i just thought that particular pass (aka: The Pass) was more fortunate than anything. Sortof like Joe Montana to Dwight Clark. But in that case Montana admitted that he was throwing the ball away.

And oooooh, he dribbled past a couple defenders, big whoop. I guess if we are playing that game we can go to the 2:18 minute mark. I'm sure the 4 teammates making the 50 yard runs were very appreciative of his dribbling skills.

This is fun..

YankBastard repped this.
  4. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be true but Shea and several others are always called up who don't perform.

5. thewanderer9520

May 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Shea singlehandedly won us that game in the Azteca. But I'm with you bro...I'd have Adu come on as a late sub for sure. And you hit the nail on the head with the comparisons to Giovannni Dos Santos. He never played for Tottenham but Mexico constantly called him up to play .

Aduesque repped this.
  6. jimmy2823

jimmy2823 Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    adu is no where near as good as dos santos. dos santos has over 60 caps and over 20 goals, adu has what 10 caps? and mostly from friendlies

YankBastard repped this.
  7. thewanderer9520

May 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

At this point, we need a spark. I know it smacks of desperation, but who else do we have?

8. jimmy2823

jimmy2823 Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone here is ovrerracting because we lost a stupid friendly, we are not Brazil underperforming or Spain undererfoming, we are the united states ranked 30 something. If someone really thinks we have world class players and thought we were going to go to the world cup and be a major force needs to get thier head out of thier ass.

Foolishness repped this.
  9. BGSUSoccerFan423

Jul 2, 2011
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    At the same time we should trot out crap because we're ranked 30th? I don't see the logic Spock.

Aduesque repped this.
  10. Numero Dos

Numero Dos Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Why would we bring in Adu? We have Brad Evans! ;)

hav77 and BenfromUSA repped this.
  11. Foolishness

Foolishness Member+

Aug 15, 2012
    So we could yell about how he's not even playing and JK is crazy for calling him in.

12. smokey

smokey Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Cali

Not really. This team has shown a persistent lack of creativity in attack throughout these final final phases of qualification and they have also shown a tendency for gaffs along the back line. Not only have we not shown an improving trend, we seem to be regressing and still searchning for ansewers in attack and in defense at this late stage. So we are appropriately concerned. I believe the problem with jk leadership is that he is managing our talent pool as if this was germany. In germany, u can demand the players play for good euro leagues and insist that they have consistent playing time. Germany has enough talent that this criteria creates a since of competition within the player pool where the cream rises to the top. With the US, our talent base is more limited. Jg acceptance criteria leaves useful players off the roaster with no adequate replacements. See Bob Bradley. He used adu to great effect even though his club career was in the same.sad state. I am sure bob would have had LD integreated with this group in preparation for the upcoming qualies. Boca would also be playing. Bob understood the limitations of the US national team program and talent pool and was able to get a more effective squad out of what we have to work with. Unfortuneately, me like so many others thought jk could lead is to the promise land of entertaining attacking total football. We are neither entertaining nor effective and we may not even qualify. I will take back Bob's boring but effective approach any day!! So sorry mr. Bradely. My apologies. You sir are a good coach.

Aduesque repped this.
  13. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. This team is consistently offensively neutered. We've had some nice stretches; Slovenia, against the drunk Scotland team, and the 2nd half against Russia. Other than that we have been completely toothless.

It really hit me that there was a problem after this January camp. After a whole month of training we came out incredibly flat and had no idea's about how attack. Oh, and Mix didn't dress for some odd reason. Klinsi oddly seems to have something against creative types.

The way Vasquez and Klinsi are evaluating the team is just not right.

It becomes a chore to watch the team play when you see the same stuff again and again.

Aduesque and CTS26 repped this.
  14. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a PERFECT argument for not trotting out Adu.

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I hope he is on the Gold Cup Roster.

16. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You sure about that. When Adu and Gio both was in Europe, Adu was more productive stat wise than Gio. Gio and Adu is very talented, both very flawed but Gio is more vertstile by a mile. Adu is far more impactful. I seen him change the way teams play. I see Gio impact the game with his talent but Adu makes you a completely different team. Cuper loved it at Aris but Adu was so inconsistent at times he would get subbed out before the 2nd half as a LW.

17. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is absolutely failed argument as well. Klins would have been fired if he was coaching Mexico.

18. BGSUSoccerFan423

Jul 2, 2011
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Because Zusi, Evans, Davis, and Kljestan are just so much better options than Freddy Adu. You probably just started watching soccer yesterday smh. If you think those guys are much more talented than Fred then you need to have your eyes checked out.

19. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I just started watching soccer this morning, after having bought a book on how awesome Freddy Adu is yesterday. I'm convinced. He's as good or better than that Pah-lay guy. Or is that Poulet? I was thinking Pele, but I think that's a volcano somewhere.

20. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Long time 49er fan here, so...

Montana has never said he was throwing the ball away. He admitted Clark wasn't the primary receiver on the play and he didn't see Clark at the moment he threw the ball, but he saw him a moment earlier and knew exactly where he was going to be because it was something they had practiced many times (Clark was a backup plan on the play). He threw it to make sure he was the only one that could catch it just as he said he was instructed to do.

21. BGSUSoccerFan423

Jul 2, 2011
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't think you're joking. Sarcasm couldn't even cover up that lame excuse for a comeback.

22. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dos Santos has performed on another level. Not exactly apples to apples in terms of quality.

When Adu is playing well and consistently, wake me up and I'll revisit this. Until then this thread and those like it will continue to be ridiculous.

23. CrazyDCFan

CrazyDCFan Member

Mar 31, 2002
    Henan, China
    You know, he is that player of ours that can really create something out of nothing. He infuriates coaches because he makes crazy passes and runs that don't fit into their tactical gameplans. Maybe we give him a run out in the Gold Cup?

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I hope so.

25. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club: