We want Adu

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by BenfromUSA, May 29, 2013.

1. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq

THIS LINEUP is what I want to see. FFS!!!!

WraithXx and fknbuflobo repped this.
  2. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Adu can feed Altidore all day. They have good chemistry together.

3. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need to concentrate on qualifying first!

4. jlasoon

jlasoon Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Qualifying is 50/50 with this bunch. I'm not sure we make it to the WC.

5. kbrrza

kbrrza Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I definitely want Adu in my team. But I guess he is not in Jurgen's fantasy team. Jurgen is a disappointment and our USA team keeps spiraling lower and lower. I mean Brad Davis, Brad Evans and Graham Zusi are not good enough at all.

6. djcandle19

djcandle19 Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Nation's Capitol
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad someone has finally voiced this. I'm gonna spare myself going through the comments of this thread, but in short, YES... ADU IS NEEDED ON THIS TEAM.

Evans, Davis, Jones, Beckerman are all trash in comparison to Freddy.

BenfromUSA repped this.
  7. djcandle19

djcandle19 Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Nation's Capitol
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sweet Jesus this is what we need!

8. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is this in any way a response to my post???

I haven't said our performances were good. I haven't said "the best most fit players make for the best team". I haven't poked fun at Adu or Donovan or glorified Zusi, Shea, Kljestan, Evans and so on.

Here's a free bit of advice. If you plan on becoming a preacher, learn something about those you're preaching to.

Ok. Back to soccer. You've blanketed this "current crop" as not good enough and not worthy of being on the USMNT. Who's your team? So you're without Jozy, Boyd, Gomez, EJ, Agudelo, Bradley, F Johnson, Zusi, Shea, Kljestan, J Jones, Edu, Evans, Beckerman, Williams, Beas, Dempsey, Dolo, Chandler, Cameron, Gonzalez, Corona, Castillo, Besler, Howard, Guzan, Goodson, et al.

I'll give you Adu and Donovan - though Donovan frankly is the king of the "current crop" and Adu too, but whatever.

Have at it chief. Who would you qualify for the WC with? Who are you winning 2014 with?

9. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not getting into the Freddy debate, but it's hard to take a thread on him seriously when it's started by a guy who has "Adu" in his name.

10. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I started it.

11. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough, but he took it over and ran with it. And, I think you two might be the same person.

12. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to have another fellow idiot on my side. I can slowly see people starting to come around, especially after that pewtrid performance last night.

13. jlasoon

jlasoon Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    So says the SeaOtter. :rolleyes:

bornsteinforlif posted a lineup many of us would love to see. I suggest you check it out.

How so? Last time I checked one was being ignored by our NT coach and the other was still in Brazil. How is that current crop. YOU CAN"T DEFEND LAST NIGHT. Stop trying!

So the game plan is last night? Trot out garbage and hope for the best? Lineups have been posted on this thread that are quite capable of getting us through the Hex.

I'm curious, what was your reaction to last night? Was it a surprise? Would you like me to foreshadow Sunday for you Mr. SeaOtter?

14. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa

So...you're calling yourself an idiot? And then you offer proof?

Excellent.

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  15. jlasoon

jlasoon Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Last night? Screw last night, the crescendo on Sunday should be spectacular.

16. jlasoon

jlasoon Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Another one with the IQ of a SeaOtter.

17. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa

Calling someone a "fellow idiot" would imply that the one saying it (or posting it in this case) is also an idiot.

Additionally, you apparently don't know how to spell the word "putrid" either, since you didn't recognize that.

A pew is a long bench you sit on in church.

18. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone who thinks Adu is the "answer" for the USMNT is clearly delusional.

SkeletorBradley repped this.
  19. jlasoon

jlasoon Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Thi's as a foooootbullll foraaam note a anglish glasses . A OK!!!!

20. jlasoon

jlasoon Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Yes because Sasha is clearly the un-delusional rational "answer" that cures our ailment.

21. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

1) Everything in life is 50/50 /mrtony
    2) Now I know you're an idiot
    3) Do people work out their angst issues on message boards, and does it help? Really?

22. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously. It was a good bit of advice. You can substitute some other professions in for "preacher".

He did. I wouldn't mind seeing that either. But, you see, I wasn't speaking with him/her. YOU said blow up the team and get rid of the current crop. He/she didn't.

Point out one instance where I've defended last night. You seriously should take that little bit of advice I offered. Both players are in the current player pool for the senior team. If they were doing enough at the club level they'd likely get senior team call ups at some point.

I did say that I'd give you both so your could build your non-current crop World beating team.

And lineups that JK will put up for the upcoming matches will be quite capable of getting us through the Hex.

No. It wasn't a surprise. Belgium are one of the most talented teams in the World right now. They were only missing Hazard. The USMNT was missing several first team players, including: Bradley, F. Johnson, Dolo, Chandler, and Donovan

You can foreshadow all you like. I doubt we'll win Sunday, but we'll play better. We will have had more time to work as a team and we'll have better players.

23. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Belgium is a top 20 team. We got hammered on our home pitch. Never acceptable for a top 30 team to get hammered by top 20 teams on their home pitch.

24. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, yes. When all else fails, fall back to insults. Sticks and stones. Sticks and stones.

25. jlasoon

jlasoon Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Mediocrity seems to be the new fad.

In my line of work you get fired and sued if you only succeed 50% of the time.