We want Adu

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by BenfromUSA, May 29, 2013.

1. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We could say the same about LD but we didn't so get out.

2. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Slowly the Adu haters are coming around to face reality and logic. I can already tell. Too bad the talking dunderheads are too stupid to figure it out so that media pressure can be put on the coaches call ups.

Aduesque repped this.
  3. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    its kind of a shame the US cant seem to incorporate play makers into its lineup. in the modern game which consists of mostly 4-2-3-1 Adu paired with a play maker and DM would be a solid creative midfield. why Klinsmann went with an Edu-Jones-Bradley midfield i have no idea. zero creativity.

edit: Dempsey is a bad #10

hav77 repped this.
  4. 'Zurdo Viejo

'Zurdo Viejo Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "so get out". Freddy threads are the new Fox News. Reality doesn't = hate, son.

None of you have brought up yet how he utterly dominated both Spain and Argentina, back, um, a decade ago? Did we score in either of those games? I really don't remember.

You want a playmaker from the past? Give me John O'Brien.

5. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can also sign Eddie Pope to play defense as well as bring back Keller right. Like I said, leave. This isn't the thread for you.

6. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Freddy will be back. He is playing a bit now. Surprise call up for the Gold Cup.

7. 'Zurdo Viejo

'Zurdo Viejo Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eddie Pope might not be a bad idea.

I am not a hater. My first 'cap' was also Freddy's first cap against Canada in San Diego. I went to see him and that other 'new-ish' guy Clint Dempsey. I have enjoyed his highlights. He can do some wonderful things with the ball. We all saw him take off his tee-shirt and put it back on on Letterman while juggling the ball off of his head, right?. That move against Brazil. Oh baby oh baby.

Remember when he went to Benfica and everybody was ragging on Angel di Maria? He was no way as good as our boy, right? Some guys grow. Some guy's legends grow.

Fro, you have some rough times ahead. Easter Bunny. Santa Claus. Puberty.

deuteronomy and EruditeHobo repped this.
  8. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Typhaon

Typhaon Member

Nov 2, 2009
    I want Adu. What he does well, nobody else really does... and when he plays with our better NT players - he seems to fit right in.

I don't know why it's so hard for him to find a club that will let him play in the middle.

We don't have to go so far back for highlights, either. He was the best player on that ill-fated "Olympic" team, too. If only our goalie...

Drippingmilk and bornsteinforlife repped this.
  10. LuckofLichaj

LuckofLichaj Member+

Mar 9, 2012
    Stu had one of the best American seasons in the EPL ever. Adu can't take the risks he takes without guys like Mikey, Stu and Jones behind him. Players need the lifters. Imagine if Stu and Chuck never got hurt:

----------------Davies------------------
    -----------------Adu-------------------
    -----Dempsey-------------Donovan---
    ---------Holden-------Bradley--------
    Johnson--Besler--Cameron--Chandler

That's a side that could've made a World Cup semi-final.

s7kru repped this.
  11. bornsteinforlife

Jun 21, 2012
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Freddy Adu and LD are pretty much the only attacking players that have consistently created chances when wearing a USMNT in recent years. It's no surprise that when they aren't playing our team can't create chances. We've tried out numerous other players while Freddy has struggled for club and LD has been on his break/injured but none of them have done anything of note. It's time to go back to the two guys who have proven that they can create chances on the international level: Freddy Adu and Landon Donovan.

[​IMG]

djcandle19 repped this.
  12. Typhaon

Typhaon Member

Nov 2, 2009

From your mouth to JK's ears... that's the lineup I'd like to see.

13. LuckofLichaj

LuckofLichaj Member+

Mar 9, 2012
    Given our current options, I think is how we should play

----------------Dempsey---------------
    -------------------Adu-----------------
    F. Johnson-------------------Donovan
    ------------------Jones----------------
    -----------------Bradley---------------
    Castillo--Besler--Gonzalez--Chandler
    -----------------Howard---------------
    Subs:

Eddie Johnson
    Graham Zusi
    Stuart Holden
    DaMarcus Beasley
    Geoff Cameron
    Brad Guzan

Believe it or not, I think this side can advance out of the group in Brazil.

14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally someone reps the d I've been screaming for. Besler and cam are the two best centerbacks that we have. Johnson and chandler outside

15. BGSUSoccerFan423

Jul 2, 2011
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ----------------Altidore------------------
    ------------------Adu-------------------
    -----Dempsey-------------Donovan---
    ---------Holden-------Bradley--------
    Johnson--Besler--Gonzalez--Chandler

That team would easily qualify for the World Cup.

bornsteinforlife repped this.
  16. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I'm wondering is why you don't get out. This is a USA Men forum. You've already called the team "a pos" and stated that you don't care about them anymore.

You're strictly an Adu fan. I get it. I think most get it. So take it to the Bahia forum or the general soccer forum.

You're basically no better than the Mexico trolls that come here from time to time.

17. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to not call the team a pos when it leaves out its most dangerous player, and then proceeds to play uninspiring, garbage football.

18. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, it's easy not calling them that, since they aren't. It actually takes more effort on your part to say something that disrespectful.

It's fine with me that you and Aduesque seem to prefer supporting a particular player over a team. Whatever floats your boat. It does seem a bit of a sad/angry/unfulfilling way to go about following international football though.

Aduesque has pretty much proven to me with his/her words that he/she only supports Freddy and doesn't really care about the USMNT.

Do you support the USMNT? Honest question. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but it really doesn't seem like you can enjoy any of it unless Freddy's involved.

19. yankeeRoyal

yankeeRoyal Member+

Feb 12, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Bahia Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your lineup and mine are the same, until the back line. :)
    We cannot afford buffoons like Cameron and Gonzalez in the back just because they are big. They will be exposed against top competition. Why not use our back up midfielders? Edu, Williams, Holden, Beckerman, or Dax etc? With Bradley and Jones in front of them we don't need enforcers at CB.

Johnson and Chandler are good outside backs, as is Beasley and all are converted midfielders.

20. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing is "good enough" until you're perfect. Unfortunately that's how life, and sports work. I am proud of my team and I celebrate their accomplishments. But I'd be a whole heck of a lot quieter if this team was playing good football, looking dangerous, and creating chances against teams in the top 30 in the world.

21. jimmy2823

jimmy2823 Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    omg is the attack of the morons

superdave repped this.
  22. fknbuflobo

fknbuflobo Member+

Arsenal FC
    United States
    Nov 16, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The prevailing concept on this thread is 4-2-3-1 formation, which, I agree, best suits our talent.
    The only thing I would change is Gonzalez for Cameron, even though Gonzalez was horrible last night vs. Belgium.

If Adu has any value whatsoever to USMNT, it is in the hole, the false forward, in this formation.

Again, is Darlington Nagbe a US citizen yet?

23. jlasoon

jlasoon Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    The USMNT has stunk up the joint for some time now. Many, including myself have been pointing out the obvious to individuals such as yourself time and time again. Remember, the best most fit players don't necessarily make for a better team. Yet for some strange reason we childishly poke fun at and mock certain players i.e. Adu/Donovan and glorify the likes of Zusi, Shea, kljestan, Evans and so on. The USMNT needs to be blown up. The idea that this team will make it anywhere with the current crop is laughable at best.

BenfromUSA repped this.
  24. FakeFlopper

FakeFlopper Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Austin, Tx
    I think this is one of our better lineups, except I'd like to put Johnson at LM. Not sure who I'd want at LB, maybe Beasley if he keeps it up. Perhaps, Chandler at LB and Dolo at RB?? I would want Jozy on the bench instead of EJ. I believe Dempsey and Jozy our two of our best scorers, but shouldn't be on the field at the same time. Dempsey would be up top in my lineup.

25. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. This team is slated to be bounced in the first round. We won't be so lucky this time around to draw England (a weak elite team), Algeria, and Slovenia.

Expect us to get something like Egypt, Belgium, Italy.