We want Adu

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by BenfromUSA, May 29, 2013.

1. BGSUSoccerFan423

Jul 2, 2011
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I was sitting front and center on the field near the halfway line at the match tonight. Me and the guy I was sitting next to for most of the match was talking about how Sacha Kljestan brought nothing to this match. Not only did he not offer anything going forward in attack, he just let players run down the middle of the pitch and wasn't even tracking back. Isn't that what Adu haters biggest excuse to use why he shouldn't be on the field? I hope this shellacking puts Jürgen on the hot seat. These rosters he puts together are HORRIFIC!!!!! Fortunate for me, I paid 200+ to see pure talent and not the pretenders that they demolished tonight.

Aduesque repped this.
  2. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Because Friedel, Sanneh, O'Brien, and Lewis were bloody legends, and Donovan and Beasley were fast as F***.

3. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    On the Gringo Wall of Shame
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And yet we were 30 minutes away from being eliminated by BARBADOS. Not to mention we actually lost a game in the Hex AT HOME, the first, and so far only time it has happened. Wait until the results of the upcoming qualifiers before calling for heads to roll

EruditeHobo repped this.
  4. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You comparing that team to this team? This team has poor fits, no creativity whatsoever and our best players are over the hill or don't receive service. That team just couldn't win in elements when playing in other countries. This team struggles at home and has to play cheap games in terrible weather to win v. small tropical nations. Where we gonna play Mexico next time? Barrow, Alaska?

5. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We haven't dropped any points at home in qualifying this cycle, don't know where you're getting the "cheap games in terrible weather" from unless you're using the Costa Rica Snowpocalypse as a generalization.

6. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course I am referring to the Costa Rica game. It should have been obvious and how many games have we played in the current cycle again?

7. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

At home? 4. I said WCQ cycle, which includes the semifinal round, not just the hex. And while the A&B game at home was sloppy, we played well vs. Jamaica at home, and toyed with Guatemala at home as well (minus the defensive brainfart in the first 10 min.)

8. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sacha club career>>>Adu's. Adu international career and impact>>>> most of the USMNT especially Sacha.

bornsteinforlife repped this.
  9. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really man, I don't give a shite about the semi's. The hex is where the decent teams play. The semi have them minnows still giving it their best shot. The hex while still far from perfect has quality at the least.

This dude saying the semi's. That's like the USL2 or something with some of those teams.

10. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He hasn't been playing. You want to call in a guy who hasn't been getting minutes? He's not a starter either, his fitness is poor.

11. BGSUSoccerFan423

Jul 2, 2011
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    But you rather trot out Sacha Kljestan who offered exactly jack squat tonight?

I think a lot of Yank fans like losing on this board.

12. USOutlaw16

USOutlaw16 Member+

Green Bay Voyageurs
    United States
    Jan 22, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And yet in the semis there is less room for error. Like I said, 2002 qualifying we were 30 minutes away from being knocked out by Barbados. And in 2010 qualifying, Mexico needed GOAL DIFFERENTIAL just to make it to the hex. Yes, there is more quality in the Hex. But there is also more room for error, which is why I'm not pushing the panic button like a lot of BS is. Though if we get less than 6 points from the upcoming qualifiers my hand might start hovering over it....

13. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We seen him play v. Vitoria which is their rivals. He was the best player on the pitch. He looked like he was in great condition then and he has looked like he's in good condition everytime I've seen him on the pitch. If you are going to make excuses, at least give give us some better bs.

14. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come on my friend, you know the USA and Mexico will make the hex. They always do, if they don't it is a colossal failure. From what you are saying, since Jurgen is only a failure and not a colossal failure that it is not so bad right?

15. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kljestan is irrelevant because Bradley is lock starter when available. Kljestan's chance tonight was to impress and solidify himself as a backup option there. He didn't take advantage of it.

He's played about 20 mins with Bahia right? Not call up worthy. The loss tonight was a combination of everything stinking. That and the same old problems under Klinsmann.

16. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When your team lacks the talent, what is call up worthy? We need to call up the rest of the MLS all stars, they get a lot of PT. They are capable of the job!!!

17. BGSUSoccerFan423

Jul 2, 2011
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Fans just need to keep it real with themselves and be realistic. Hell, Jürgen needs to keep it real. These group of guys that he keeps calling in F**KING SUCK!!!! He's not going to catch lightning in a bottle with these scrubs. He need to forget club situation and get the best players in here or else he'll be lucky to make it outta qualification alive. I hope he doesn't embarrass himself trying to put that lineup on the field come Brazil smh.

Aduesque repped this.
  18. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This should be the USMNT song for Freddy Adu:

19. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's like Aduesque's wet dream of a thread.

deuteronomy, StillKickin and Skevin repped this.
  20. jas2781

jas2781 Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Shea, Holden, Parkhurst,and Danny Williams say hi from US camp.

21. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Single me out all day yet the results remain the same.

22. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very true but those guys have had more minutes. I don't understand the fascination with Adu at this time, he's not ready to be back with the national team. He can play a nice super sub role if fit.

23. jas2781

jas2781 Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That is all I have ever asked as a Freddy supporter.

He should be our first offensive sub off the bench.

bornsteinforlife repped this.
  24. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I think that's his limit because of the type of player he is, not really a 90 min guy. I don't think he's quite there yet. I agree that Shea shouldn't have been brought in, Klinsmann was well aware of his injury. I think everyone knew Williams was coming to camp. Parkhurst not playing since February is troubling, especially given Cameron being terrible at RB.

25. 'Zurdo Viejo

'Zurdo Viejo Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YOU people want Freddy. MY people want Landon Donovan. Honestly, you Freddy worshipers are the new cargo cult. Freddy is the new John Frum. If we just play him goals will wash up on our shores. And I'm not a hater. He's an adorable little fellow. But his ship has sailed.