We need more foreigners-link

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by metroag, Dec 30, 2013.

1. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    MLS Cup is the only one that matters now...but I agree been too long.

2. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Like I said before. At this point a USOC trophy would do.

3. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I would really like that....but I see that as the least probable in terms of focus.

That being said....with no CCL....this would be the year to go after it. What we REALLY need to make a run at USOC...is to get consistent results in the league through the first half so we are able to focus a few more starters on key USOC games. We always seem to be chasing the table by the time we start open cup and cannot afford much of substance in an open cup game ( beyond sub appearances).

Westside Cosmo and *rey* repped this.
  4. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

we've been in this situation before, and no one cared. I believe Charleston beat us one of those years. As long is the Dom is in town you can forget about a serious run at the USOC

5. Soccergodlss

Soccergodlss Member+

Jun 21, 2004
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #30 Soccergodlss, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    It's really a matter of opinion which format is better at determining a champion. But it would be nice if all teams were after the same trophy primarily. I'm honestly not even sure if all managers/owners agree?

And we aren't going to win too many USOC or Champion's League trophies when it's clear as day that Dom puts all his resources into league placement. We would have to build unbelievable depth to win multiples in a season. I guess that is the only way to have a clear cut champion on the year. Let's win the Triple to put no doubt in the minds of others.

6. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, let's do it! We won't have to worry about the silly Concacaf thing this year, thank goodness! :(

7. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

speaking of that-where do they keep the trophies? At the FO HQ at GRB? That's kind of silly. Don't the have offices or something at BBVA? I mean really, how often does the general public go to the HD FO HQ? They should start a trophy room and make it part of the stadium tour. Maybe just off the locker room or something.

8. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think i saw them in the west club?

9. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The SS isn't the league's to do anything with.

The_Ponce repped this.
  10. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. It's called the SUPPORTERS shield for a reason.

I want them all. We have MLS Cups, and I would love another one, but I would also love a USOC and/or SS. I don't give a flying ********. I want our goal to be at least winning each trophy once before our 10th Anniversary. Then on our 10 Anniversary we celebrate it with a Champions League Championship (of course I want this sooner) and I get to plan a fancy trip!

11. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    #36 troutseth, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014

Semantics at this point. The league should stop all reference to it....it would go the way of the dodo bird.

JC507 repped this.
  12. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    cool

13. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was working jist fine long before the league acknowledged it. It'd work just fine if they stopped recognizing it.

14. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    yeah, i think the supporter's shield is here to stay.

in a way i agree with both heft and troutseth's side. IMO, the true recognized championship of the league is the MLS Cup. the SS is a close second and a team should be honored for earning the most points in a season regardless of the imbalance of the schedule, its a just reward for surviving a 34 game schedule and criss-crossing the entire northern part of North America for 8 months. the USOC is a distant third, but then again so are most cup tourneys in most leagues with the FA Cup being the exception.

does anyone still have a picture the FO put out of all the Dynamo's trophies? does anyone have a list?

15. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @The_Ponce might.

16. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388615882.589649.jpg

*rey* repped this.
  17. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *rey* repped this.
  18. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's the western conference trophies???????

19. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Read that the Portland Timbers signed 'La Gata' Fernandes. Would of been a great foreign signing that could of helped up front. Perfect example of the type of player we should be getting sniffs at.

Heft repped this.