We have to play in white!!!!!

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Zwanzigoetzel, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zwanzigoetzel

Zwanzigoetzel New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    USA
    The key for winning or losing this World Cup is largely depending on just ONE THING!!! It's not who we have on the team. It's not the formation. It's not the technical skills. It's not the physical condition of the players.

It's THE OUTFIT!

Klinsmann likes the red outfits and therefore wants to play with them as often as possible. I personally prefer the traditional white outfits.

We won three WCs in white and statisically we won with them more games as compared to when we wore the red or black outfits.

Here an article to this EXTREMELY IMPORTANT issue:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/weltfussball/artikel/432/69363/

WE HAVE TO PLAY IN WHITE!!!!! :D

2. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    i agree... and im absolutely serious about this... im very superstitious when it comes to football! :)

3. Zwanzigoetzel

Zwanzigoetzel New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    USA
    Oh trust me my friend. So am I. The red ones are not quite as bad as the green outfits we once had (remember those????), YUK!!! But still, it HAS to be white for us to be able to win the WC! No doubt....

4. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Juergen Klinsmann doesn't get it.

Shock.

5. tomas_brolin

tomas_brolin Member

Jan 27, 2004
    Geneva, IL
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    for some reason i liked the green ones.. well the 90 and 94 versions that is...

why did they do green anyways?

6. Zwanzigoetzel

Zwanzigoetzel New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    USA
    Because Klinsmann didn't want the green ones or the anthrazit ones anylonger. (yeah, we had those ones as well)

Why the red? I guess scientists from Britain (alarm bells should ring right there) found out that red apparently is the color of winners. When they compared athletes during the 2004 Olympics, they chose four different categories: boxing, tae kwon doe, wrestling, and one other one I can't remember. They found out that athletes that wore red outfits won way more often than athletes that had other color shirts. Therefore the change in color for the DFB outfits.

My question is, if it was a British study, why the heck does England play in white then???? :confused: Very fishy, very fishy.....

7. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I was afraid this would happen. :(

8. Bayerntone

Bayerntone Member

Nov 7, 2005
    HK
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Haha, that's funny. Indeed England wore red jerseys when they won in 66.
    They got away with a contraversial goal.

If the myth of red jersey rules, I wonder why Brazilians won in bright yellow and green; Argentinians in light blue and white stripes; Italians in royal blue; th French in blue and Germany in dazzling white.

I like green colour as the away jersey. The kinda green that Germany wore in Mexico 1986.

9. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    I completely agree, I was contemplating buying a red jersey but after the US game I bought a white one. WE MUST PLAY IN WHITE.

10. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    We had a long argument about this some time ago...it had to do with the relationship with the Irish and the Germans and it's a long, complicated story, but we like them enough so that we made their N'tl color into our away jersey.

Something like that :D

And yes, we will wear white, we won't wear red, why would we? :confused:

11. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so far it is 6 people for the white jersey, 2 for any other jerseys (red or green).

12. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    If they want success, they should wear these shirts :

[​IMG]

:p

13. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Germany should be able to choose their color for all their games - particularly if they win their group. The only game they're scheduled for visitor designation will be the Ecuador game, and Ecuador traditionally wears yellow when possible. I like the traditional white.:)

14. STHLM

STHLM New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Östermalm
    They made green ones beacase rep. of ireland was the first nation to play a friendly with Germany after wwII.

15. Zwanzigoetzel

Zwanzigoetzel New Member

Apr 6, 2005
    USA
    Here is why...

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/0,1518,398580,00.html

16. Herr Wolf

Herr Wolf New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    California
    I'm sorry this year's German NT Away jersey is hideous. I'm not a fan of the Red. However if it's going to be Red make the whole Jersey Red do not have one Black arm, I think thats looks stupid. Adidas's World Cup 2002 line of jerseys which Adidas sponsered NT's just stopped using I think are some of the best jerseys ever. I love the lettering and numbers. The World Cup 2006 line has not lived up to my expectations. I own the Germany Home White 06 jersey, and in my opinion this is my favorite jersey in the line. I think we should go back to the Green away jersey's though, they looked sharp

17. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    frankly i thought the italia 90 jersey with that single, wavy flag-stripe across the front and ending on either side of the number at the back was the best...
    classy! :cool:

the asymmetrical nature of the stripe across the front showed some alternative thinking and good fashion sense too! :p

18. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    It's because we're great.

Seriously.

(I'd heard that story about WWII before but wasn't sure how true it was - it's kinda nice really. Like Don Revie changing Leeds' colour to white in honour of Real Madrid.)

19. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    i just got a white schweinsteiger jersey and it is a work of art.