WCQ :: USMNT v. Costa Rica :: Wednesday, June 3 @ 9:00 p.m. @ Cuatro's

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by mgrayscale, May 31, 2009.

1. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the last time we'll ever play at Saprissa. China's giving Costa Rica a 'gift' of a new National Stadium. It'll include a track, so the fans will be farther away.

If I were Costa Rica, though, I'd figure out SOME way to keep Saprissa up, even if it is a Mad Max set. They have such a huge advantage there, possibly bigger than Mexico has at Azteca, that it's a big risk giving it up.

And thanks to all those that came out. It made that disaster bearable. I actually managed to fall asleep by 1, rather than the 2 or 3 that would've probably happened if I had to endure that on my own.

"We only sing when we're sucking!"
    "We only sing when we're suuuuuuuuuuuuucking!"

2. HinchaAztex

HinchaAztex Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Austin
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Great game boys! We attacked well down the flanks, were patient with our passing, and defended in numbers.....I am sorry are most of you US fans?

In all seriousness it was nice to hang with some fellow futbol fans. Great time! Too bad for y'alls team. If you guys want to watch a real game please feel free to tune into Telemundo at 8pm Saturday.

Sergio

3. kingqueso

kingqueso Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn you Sergioooooooo!!!!

And were is Mexico in the standings right now...

4. HinchaAztex

HinchaAztex Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Austin
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If I am not mistaken the US has had one more home game then Mexico so to compare standings at this moment is a non issue. Let's compare standings next Wednesday night. In case you have forgotten Mexico has only had one home game this far, Costa Rica. Also no team in concacaf has won away from home yet so by my calculations Mexico is ok.

Sergio

5. HinchaAztex

HinchaAztex Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Austin
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Oh and for all you guys still living in 2002 that arguement is moot. You sound like the chick from American pie "and one time at band camp".

Seergio

6. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    At one time prior to 1836, Texas was Mexico. Stop living in the past. Support your TRUE COUNTRY. :cool:

7. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And who is your Mexican National Team coach again? The same old coach from the 2002 World Cup. ;)

8. HinchaAztex

HinchaAztex Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Austin
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Support your true country?

How ignorant an argument. Let's see I joined the army at 17. Served in Iraq as an infantryman. Saw combat in my 18 months to include the battle of abu graib, look it up w e ran out of ammo. I continue to serve on active duty. Additionally my father was an infantryman during the 70s, did 20 years active duty, and is now a diplomat for the united states. Support my true country? Tell me have you ever bleed for your flag? I ha e.

Soccer is different, it's a game. I don't like the US team not because they are American but because of what USSF represents. Nothing but rich club kids with minimal talent. Tell me how many Mexican Americans have you seen on the national team? Besides torres recently not many. I was one of those players largerly ignored by the ODP staff because my dad didn't give a kick back to the club coaches on the ODP staff.

So I am sorry if u think u are more American then me, your wrong. While the US is my country Mexico gave me soccer so that's my soccer country.

Next time you want to tell me I am unamerican I have some scars I can show you.

Sergio

9. HinchaAztex

HinchaAztex Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Austin
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes aguirre is the same coach from 2002. Who wouldn't want a coach with Spanish premiers experience and champions league experience with atletico Madrid.

I would take it!!

10. Madmartigen

Madmartigen Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Elgin, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget he was a former Aztex player, too. Oh wait, I mean Aztecs. My bad. ;)

11. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Who said you were unamerican? I never attacked your patriotism. I just threw back at you your "living in the past" argument. I didn't mean to excite emotional distress. This is a soccer site afterall and we are having friendly soft punches between the US and Mexico team... You cannot infer from my short 3-liner that you are unamerican and I am more of an american, that I wouldn't respect your service to our country, and that you don't give a crap about the USA. What I meant with the phrase "support your TRUE COUNTRY" was purely within the confines of the sport of Soccer. I didn't question your support for the United States outside of Soccer because that would be ignorant as you stated.

I knew from when I met you that you were a cool guy and we can have friendly shit talk about the two national teams as we did Wednesday night. I don't think less of you for being a mexican american and not supporting the red, white, and blue. I know many people just like you. For me it is different. I've never lived in Mexico even though my family is from there. My grandfather was an American by choice, immigrating from Mexico for a better life for his family. For that I am grateful and the country of Mexico is part of my history. However, I was born and raised in the States, educated here, make my money here, got married here, and my kid(s) will be born here as Americans. Those are my reasons for supporting USA over Mexico, but after the USA, I support El Tri. Maybe that is a difference between you and I. I don't mind supporting both countries as they are both a big part of the fabric of my family.

Our country has it faults and soccer in our country has it faults as you pointed out, but it is still my country and I'm glad to share that with AMERICANS like you.

Look... I don't really know you and you don't know me... and I wish you hadn't portrayed me as an insensitive douchebag as you did in your post. I am not that type of person... I'd like to think I'm a nice guy. With that said and now that I know a little more about you, I'm appreciative of your service. Not every American can do you what you did and I would probably question myself on that very subject as you questioned me about it in your post. You have my respect.

So getting past this and back on track here.... When was the last time El Tri won on US Soil??? Just over 10 Years ago. Domination!! Not bad for a bunch of club kids with minimal talent. :p

12. kingqueso

kingqueso Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said, we are all Americans, we all love apple pie, cold beer, and righteous monster guitar riffs.

The only thing I question is Sergio's taste in national football teams...:p

PS we miss you in the SG section Hincha.

13. HinchaAztex

HinchaAztex Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Austin
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No harm no foul... I am not looking for a blog bitching session. You want to scream "dos a cero" all day at me fine. You want to tell me blanco is an old hunch back who doesn't run ok I will debate that just don't tell me to remember which country is "my country".

Again no harm no foul... Haven't been on because I was in puerto rico having my wallet stolen by the fiancé.

Sergio

14. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to the joys of marriage. Just make sure you negotiate football viewing rights and beer money, and all will be "esta bien". Welcome home, and we'll look forward to you joining our choruses of "Down with the Islanders!!" on Friday at Cuatro's.

15. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Just keep it in Soccer and I think we can debate country v country... and I won't question your patriotism or support for either country outside of our little sport. :)

I saw you were in PR on another thread. Good luck with the wedding plans.