WCQ: Mexico vs Jamaica 02/06/13

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Overachiever, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    Most competitive edge would be letting everyone in for free

Lalo37 repped this.
  2. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  3. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You're going to get Kaney demodded, clear bait.

Kaney and metalmaster repped this.
  4. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Of course they won't....but the game against the US this year is also at 830 or 9 pm. So back to my original question...why the change? Is this a CONCACAF decision or an FMF decision? Anyone know?

5. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i was at that game too, coming in from Toluca. even went to el angel after the game. traffic was bad but something you would expect. it was a wednesday game too, but it was an earlier game from what i recall.

people will go to the games, as long as not overpriced. i remember seeing cars from Oaxaca, Nuevo Leon, etc license plates. recall this car from Oaxaca in front of us when all of a sudden these 4 hot gueras come outta the car with their mexico jerseys. DAMN

Lalo37 repped this.
  6. gvazqu1

gvazqu1 Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A como chingan con Vela. Chepo called him up...el pinche Vela se puso sus moños y dijo que no. Que chingado quieren que haga el Chepo...que se lo traiga a huevo o de los huevos?

They'll call him up again, si viene bien y si no que chi**e a su *****.

7. gvazqu1

gvazqu1 Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No te hagas... apples y oranges.
    Compara a must win vs the USA y un hex opener contra Jamaica.

8. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    this.

guardado hasn't been the same for the last 2-3 years. i don't get why everyone seems to give him a free pass.

ponce is NOT national team material. the rest i agree with.

y eso te sorprende? lastimosamente eso es lo que le gusta ver a la gente. si no me crees, ahi estan los ratings de programas como futbol picante y futbol para todos.

9. gvazqu1

gvazqu1 Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Why the change? If we lost we would have been really f*cked, we needed all the help we could get.

I flew to Mexico City just for that game. Arrived at 8am and back to the States the day after. Ayer casi no veo el partido por la hueva de no buscar el control remoto.

10. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Um what?
    I know the hex opener against Jamaica (on paper) isn't that big of a deal, but I'm trying to find out who decides the times for these games. CONCACAF or FMF?
    The time of the game against Jamaica was no big deal of course because like I said, on paper, the game shouldn't of have been that difficult, but when your most hated rival comes to play, why not have the game at 3pm like in 2009? Makes sense to me but apparently not to some on here.

11. Tejano

Tejano Member+

Sep 25, 2012
    Puro ATL
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    :thumbsup:

1stYearCoach repped this.
  12. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Because half the team is playing in Europe and we don't want to risk them playing at high temperatures when they only visit Mexico City once a month. The Honduras team looked similarly exhausted during their game versus USA yesterday because of the scheduling.

13. Lalo37

Lalo37 Member+

Jan 29, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Then based on the last few games at Azteca, and last nights showing against Jamaica, I guess Azteca isn't the fortress that it once was.
    I just hope we realize this qualifying wont be easy. Based on the results in the previous qualifying round, I think everyone got lulled into a false sense of security. Last nights game should wake everyone up. I know the US hasn't showed much, but you know they always get up to play us. Combine that with the fact that they now 'think' they can beat us at Azteca, I wouldn't be surprised with a loss against them in March.
    Lets face it, Jamaica let us off the hook with two CLEAR opportunities....better teams wont do that.

GrandeSoccer repped this.
  14. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    I bet that Chepo is going to use the same lineup against Honduras.

Hdez.Marcos repped this.
  15. Gerardo Silva

Gerardo Silva Member+

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Convoca Americanistas dijeron..... Seran la nueva base de la seleccion dijeron.... :mad:

16. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    ******** that Maza is a Chivas hot mess still.....Aguilar is still from pachuca in my eyes.

17. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    what sucks is that i cant even enjoy the domestic molero games without him anymore.......now that we signed him chepo can call him all the time. I need one of the CB's to step up and replace his ass already......

Surprisingly Torrados previous cameo showed us how Maza isn't captain material OR a commanding voice for the defense. Torrado had our D running great.

18. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    1. Guardado at times has played brilliantly and people are hesitant to write off a player so quickly but the reality is that since going to Spain he has regressed. While i don't mind him on the team he has stopped being a left winger and has morphed into a one legged, weak sauced attacking mid. He can't cross for shit, can't or won't take players 1 on 1, is one legged, and is a poor defender. The 2006 and 2011 gold cup Guardado was very good but the present form is maddening in his mediocrity.

2. Ponce i only included because he was okay at the u-23 level and Nilo needs to be benched so he learns playing such a crap game cannot be tolerated. I don't watch to much Liga MX so i have no idea what alternatives to LB exist.

The reality is that the team has become listless and lacks any kind of passion and this is not the first time this has occurred under Chepo's watch. He did this by playing favorite washed up players instead of more deserving youngsters. It was irritating seeing Sinha, Rafa, and Salcido all getting called up instead of younger players. Once those three got dumped or injured the Mexican team got much better because the team became much more quicker and dynamic with hungry youngsters playing all out for 90 minutes.

But worst of all is how we have lost any kind of attacking ability in our wingbacks. The team plays way too narrowly because no one is play out wide due to having wingers who like to cut inside while the wingbacks are terrible going forward.

Now to be fair Chepo isn't exactly the sole cause of this suckitude, the reality that people are avoiding is that our talent has regressed badly in several important positions.

Barrera, Juarez, Salcido and Guardado were all tremendous at overlapping and providing width but since all have become shit and no adequate replacement have emerged we are offensively challenged.

19. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Whats weird is that Guardado just had his best game in a Valencia shirt as a winger against Barcelona this last weekend.

I think Chepo just doesn't have the team working right. I think the pressure and atmosphere got to all the players as well as some stupid decisions by Chepo. On the plus side, we can only improve.

20. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's up to the home team....not CONCACAF

21. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You agree with the post your replied to? Doesn't make sense, the guy said for Chepo to stop experimenting and you say AGREE.....phase out the older guys. that means experimenting with younger guys, so how is it that you agree but disagree at the same time?

22. Mr. P Mosh

Mr. P Mosh Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Monterrey, NL, Mex
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This Mexico - Jamaica game reminded me of the León - Dep. Iquique series. An organized ok team against a better team overall but pretty imprecise and with a non existent attack.

23. El_Pozolero_Mex

Apr 17, 2012
    Club:
    Club América
    Whatever, the only one that probably won't come back is Aguilar. There's still Jimenez, Molina, Maza and Reyes to ponder.

24. Phenom

Phenom Member+

Apr 9, 2007
    Oregon
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We no longer claim Salcido or Maza.:D

25. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    Am i the only that saw Guardado burn the Jamaican defender? He is probably the only Mid that has the balls to Shoot from behind the box. I thought he was our best player in the first half. He did what he was told.

Puma76 repped this.