WCQ: Mexico vs Jamaica 02/06/13

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Overachiever, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Honduras is one.

2. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Agreed but lets not get out of hand... no reason to take the team to Northern low altitude areas... I say if it is a weekday game lets got to Toluca, Pachuca or Morelia... and if it is a weekend game then back to Azteca.

Keep in mind logistics... flights from Europe to Monterrey or Guadalajara are less available than to Mexico City (the Euros don't need additional flight added to their mileage) plus we shouldn't give up the altitude advantage... the team does need to play in a stadium that feels energized & positive which I think can be accomplished at any of those venues.

3. Robama

Robama Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No te disculpes Manuel, es tu opinión y es muy valida, lo que si es que se me hace una falta de respeto hacía los jugadores jamaicanos el que les digas amateurs, no estoy de acuerdo con eso y tampoco comparto el que sean inocentes, lo que paso fue que no supieron definir cuando tuvieron esas dos clarisimas jugadas, fallaron a la hora buena, yo les dije tronquisimos ayer por la noche, ya sabes uno anda todavía con la cabeza caliente después de ver lo mal que jugo la selección mexicana, pero retiro lo dicho, son delanteros de nivel medio, por algo estan jugando en la championship.

Saludos, tenía tiempo sin leerte.

Kaney repped this.
  4. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I feel bad for Gio. Fly for 12 hours to play 45 minutes. I hope he got some loving from Belinda to offset that.

5. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    A World Cup Qualifying match in Ciudad Universitaria would probably put more pressure on the opponents than a half-full Azteca could at the moment.

El Mariachi, Kaney and jared9999 repped this.
  6. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Si en verdad es tu opinion. Mantente firme. No te dejes intimidar por los "expertos" .
    Pero como otros han dicho, no todos los jugadores de Jamaica son amateurs, pero tampoco son cracks.

Lalo37 and El Mariachi repped this.
  7. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Cheapo already said Azteca is the home venue, they're not changing it.

8. Manolo Rodriguez

Jul 1, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    That's what I was thinking too. Spain in the last Euro's was pointing the way towards a future with no strikers and we're playing with two.

It just seems that if one of the strikers has to frequently drop into the midfield anyway, shouldn't you just replace a striker with a midfielder that has a better skillset for that role?

I don't know, could be wrong. Maybe the two striker system has virtues I'm not understanding. The team looked good in the last Gold Cup though with one striker. Why reinvent the wheel if it's spinning around just fine?

Ugh. I placed a bet on Mexico to win cause I figured it was a sure thing. Maybe next time I should bet on how many scoreless minutes have to go by for the Estadio Azteca crowd to start cheering for the visiting team.

I'm thinking 15.

El Mariachi and Kaney repped this.
  9. Robama

Robama Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lo que si me dio algo de cura fue ver la cara del Chepo ayer en la noche cuando estaba dando la conferencia de prensa, bien enojado que estaba :ROFLMAO:

Y lo que en verdad da pena es el periodismo deportivo de nuestro pais, los cabrones estaban mas interesados en preguntar sobre lo que hizo la diva Mazatleca, nunca cuestionaron el por que la alineacion y los cambios, estaban mas en plan de reventadores, jajajaja, da risa pero a la vez mucha pena que sigan con esa forma barata de hacer periodismo deportivo, sus programas mas bien son como de revista, tipo tempranito, venga la alegria, hoy, y un 75% tipo ventaneando.

10. Regulus Tera

Regulus Tera Member+

None
    Mexico
    Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Expect more matches with lower than fifty percent attendance then, especially at those ridiculous prices.

JohnnyFutbol repped this.
  11. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    A mi me daba mas risa su cara cuando estaba dando instrucciones y silbando en el campo. Todo distorsionado. Pense que en cualquier momento le hiba a explotar una vena. jajaja

Kaney and El Mariachi repped this.
  12. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who would be an ideal replacement for Chepo?

Their is still time.

13. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No mamen!

14. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    So soon? jajaja
    Who are you? , Vergara?

15. Talisman

Talisman Member+

Aug 5, 2011
    Stamford, CT
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lavolpe :sneaky:

16. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Lavolpe clificaria a este equipo caminando :)

El Mariachi repped this.
  17. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We need some leadership in the midfield, who can replace Salcido?

Honestly right now I would rather have Torrado in there, say what you will about him but he was an enforcer and did his job. At least until we can train up some of the younger guys.

yaboy and El Mariachi repped this.
  18. MexiKampeon

MexiKampeon Member+

Sep 10, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chepo's analysis.... individual errors controlling the ball & missing easy passes cause the lack of coordination & precision needed to open up a well organized, physical team... and that the players were tense etc.,

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/s...06/fue-un-empate-muy-amargo-chepo-de-la-torre

I agree with him... a number of players decided to play their worst NT matches on the same day (Torres Nilo, Moreno, Herrera etc.,)

But I would like to add

1. Chepo needs to find better laterales... you can't attack with width if the fullbacks don't overlap well... and you have your outside mids gassed from having to retreat everytime the back field fks up their distribution up the field
    2. We lacked "malicia"... Guardado & Aquino got into the box several times only to send crosses into a mob of yellow jerseys... why not try to provoke a pk instead? The few times the team moved the ball quickly to an open man, they kept getting ahead of themselves with the "early" cross into a packed box.... why not dribble it a bit & force the Jamaicans to foul you in a dangerous area... maybe provoke some cards?

El Pipiripau and El Mariachi repped this.
  19. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Aquino looked like he was trying too hard. Almost like he wanted to throw the team on his back and be the hero. He needs to relax and play his game, he has the speed to beat the defenders he just needs the mental discipline.

El Mariachi repped this.
  20. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    As somebody pointed out, the ES game was in Torreon. And the results totally hide the fact that Mexico was awful. Also discounting the US game because it's a friendly is bullshit. Friendlies may not be as important but they are an indication of what is wrong and it was as bad a performance as the other 3. We can discount to feel better that we lost but they are games just like any. Last week people discounted the Denmark game as being just a friendly and every player who sucked in that game, sucked against Jamaica. It was truly an indication of what happened yesterday. But it was a friendly so whatever.

Regardless Guyana is a total shit team (of a lower level than all those other teams) and yet they pressured and had a better level of play that others. Costa Rica was also a struggle. The US won and Jamaica was closer to the victory even if they bunkered. In all games in Azteca we have been shit. I don't know how the press doesn't notice it. Before the game I said that today was were I would measure Azteca and it was the same as the other 3. Horrible crosses, horrible shots going to far, no ball control, misplaced passes, etc. Our team holding the ball looks like a pinball machine or like they played on ice. Our team is terrible on our home surface and that is why there is a crisis because now El Azteca le pesa al equipo.

Kaney repped this.
  21. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    “Son imágenes de las que los periódicos 'amarillistas' sacan ventaja para sacar noticia mañana mismo. Simplemente salí con la mano lastimada y se malinterpretó que estoy poniendo el dedo. Soy muy respetuoso de la gente y tiene todo el derecho de mostrarse molesta por el mal partido que dimos hoy”, expresó el “Maza” a Televisa.

Que no mame el Maza... he didn't flick off the camera... in the video you can tell a someone screams something at him and he looks up and flicks whoever of.... but he did do it. "Dedo lastimado" porfavor. :rolleyes:

22. Robama

Robama Member

Oct 24, 2012
    Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El Chaton Enriquez, haría una buena dupla con Herrera :thumbsup:

¿Hablas en serio? ni lo mande Dios, Torrado no debe volver a la selección, ese es el problema de siempre, ¿sera acaso que son impuestos los jugadores, las vacas sagradas? ahora mismo Salcido es otro Torrado mas, un estorbo, otro caso mas es Arce que solo por que esta en un "buen" momento, los vuelven a llamar. o_O

Tu los has dicho, was, fue, ya no lo es mas, lo mismo pasa con Salcido, no se por que se hacen bolas abajo hay mas jugadores jovenes que ya tienen suficiente fogueo internacional, como el citado Chaton Enriquez, Candido Ramirez de Santos, en fin muchos mas, pero se aferran con los cartuchos quemados que estan en "buen" momento.

Hdez.Marcos, Kaney and El Mariachi repped this.
  23. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    Kaney repped this.
  24. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ^^^ Sanchito with the identity comment...

Getting slow in your old age, bro.

Rucos gonna ruc...

25. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Kaney repped this.