WCQ: Honduras vs Mexico 03/22/13

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Mexcellence, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is sort of unrelated but does anyone know when the Mexico vs. USA tickets at Azteca go on sale? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Do we not come out and play in Honduras against Mexico??? Are we going to be in charge of firing Chepo too?? Following the footsteps of Meza and Sven I see :D

But seriously.. we only bunker in Mexico, cuz we want to not lose. And I don't agree.. not "nearly" as good.. thats a stretch. Suazo and Pavon were decadent, Costly was in his prime. Palacios and Guevara was holding the midfield together, defense wasn't as good, and they were weak mentally. Honduras won't panic if they go down a goal as the US game showed, and the talent is all over and they have quality depth.

3. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Can he call up a 30 man roster for these two wcq?

4. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Sorry, I just didn't see it, based on what has been shown in the last round and in the game against the US, it is clear to me that, at least when it comes to individual talent, the team is weaker than it was 4 years ago. This says nothing about the result though, they may very well get a result against Mexico at home.

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Well we all have opinions. It'll culminate next month.

6. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This is who Chepo SHOULD call up. Not who i think he is going to call up. And this should be starting 11.

Vs. Honduras

--------------------------------Corona----------------------------
    S.Meza-----------H.Mier-------------H.Moreno--------T.Nilo
    -------------------H.Herrera---------J.Zavala---------------------
    C.Vela--------------------G.D.Santos-----------------A.Guardado
    --------------------------J.Hernandez--------------------------------

Subs/Reserves:
    G.Ochoa,J.Orozco, J.D.Santos, D.Reyes, J.Enriquez,C.Salcido,J.Aquino,G.Pena,M.Fabian,H.Ayala,O.Peralta, Raul Jimenez

Miguel Myers, Hecho en Chivas and LGRod repped this.
  7. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    that's a great lineup

though i would switch Gio & Vela around to have Carlos right behind Chicharo as a support striker

MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe repped this.
  8. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was glad to see you guys beat USA :D. It should be a fun game.

Catracho_Azul and yaboy repped this.
  9. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol @ people already putting Vela in the lineups... :unsure:

10. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León

They parked it in the gold cup.. and it worked for 90 minutes.. Mexico came back to win 2-0 in extra time. IT doesn't matter if he is Colombian or not, If he coached Belize he would park it also.

11. Regi0

Regi0 Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Previously we would always go to Central America and arrogantly play attack....terrible idea. Thankfully Chepo's tactics favor a more defensive approach. It worked great in El Salvador, although it was boring game since ESL was too timid to press us and attack thoroughly.

The CR game was quite similar, although I think CR has a mental block against us, the same way we had one with the NADs. Ironically, we looked better at the away match vs CR than the one at home.

I am not sure what to make of the Honduras match. History tells us they win. I also think they will win, but they tend to choke alot after having a high ride (vs USA 2009). But like everyone else has said previously, if they play open, I think the match will be ours. Our defense and counters are top notch. Remember the heat will not be a factor for us. Plus we now have a week of preparation and not that 48hr BS.

sleepyvato50 and Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  12. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He would always be in my line up.

Hdez.Marcos and Miguel Myers repped this.
  13. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I'm not looking forward to making that trip to mid-high 90 degrees San Pedro Sula. Its going to be HOT AS PHUCK on the 22nd.

14. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't know how heat isn't going to be a factor. Mexico isn't that hot except for Tuxtla and they never play in the heat. The hottest games are Toluca and Pumas because of playing at 12 and look at how much people complain about that. Plus if people complain about our european players not being accustomed to the altitude, it will be less to the heat as they never play in those conditions. People should remember when we beat St. Vincent 7-0 and then a couple of days later could barely beat them 1-0 and just walk all game because of the heat. Let's just hope it rains that day or becomes cloudy.

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Cloudy... in March.. in San Pedro Sula.. lol.. No Guey Jose. They predict like 95-96 degrees Sunny as phuck.

I might actually not go to the game. lol just to get cooked.

Oh yea, I saw a recent article in Honduras that said Mexico will try to protest the game time to FIFA.. lol, enjoy summer early bruh

16. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    How can they predict it will be sunny more than a month before the date?

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Cuz March is hotter than February in Honduras...

18. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    It might be but you still can't predict it will be sunny more than a month before the date.

19. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Some places have relatively consistent temperatures though. I think he's saying that even if it's cloudy, the overcast will still be hot as hell.

20. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Oh it will be hot, I didn't say it wouldn't. But sunny will always be hotter than cloudy.

21. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    You are in for a surprise in March if you think they are going to bunker in Honduras.

22. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    why are you worried about the weather in Honduras? At the south of mexico we have had temperatures about 90. At the north of mexico from april to september is a boiler. The mexican players must to be acclimatted to this temperature (heat).

I think this won't be a factor, MNT must win in Honduras and i think have the enough players to do that. But please, is not necessary to have two forwards as Chica and Orribe :p

23. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Very true.

Only thing I can think of is the Mexico loves to wear Black jerseys. If they decide to wear the black in 90 degree heat it could be a stupid choice.
    Although they may have gotten rid of them for this new white one they wore against jamaica. So it may be a moot point and they will wear Green (Which is still bad but not as bad as black in heat.)

24. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    No they don't. First off Northern Mexico isn't as humid. And as I said only Tuxtla and maybe Cancun get as hot but they NEVER play at those hours. It's impossible and unrealistic to think that the heat will not affect them.

25. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Mexico can train in hot cities though before the flight to honduras.