WC 2014 Sharing accomodation, travelbuddies or meeting up

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Stefan79, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Daniel Knickelbein

Feb 24, 2014
    I'm traveling solo for most of my time during the W.C. and would love to meet fellow travelers and grab some beers!

Sao Paulo June 10-14
    Natal June 15-17
    Pipa June 18-20
    Recife June 21-27
    Curitiba/Sao Paulo/Rio with a friend during July.

Would especially like to meet up with fellow USA fans in Recife to watch the Portugal game! PM me if you will be in these places!

2. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Well, I live 2 hours away from São Paulo, and I'll be attending several games there. I'd love to meet up with people during game days.

I'm attending in São Paulo:
    Brazil vs. Croatia - June 12nd
    Uruguay vs. England - June 19th
    Netherlands vs. Chile - June 23rd
    2nd Semifinal - July 9th.

I'm also going to Salvador's Quater Final (July 5th), which means I'll be in the city for one or two days around the game as well. I grew up there, so I know a thing or two about it :p

I love the idea, but I think that would be a bit too long. Maybe a spreadsheet on google docs?

3. TsaiGotThis

TsaiGotThis New Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hey guys,

ill be in rio on july 13 to the 16th, just wondering if anyone would want to hike up pedra de gavea with me. for an incredible view of Rio. PM me if you want to meet up and explore!

4. Dan17

Dan17 Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Hey, Lucasc, We will be in Salvador for the knockout and quarterfinal games also. We have a house in Rio Vermelho. Would definitely like to meet up with someone local and maybe show us some cool things to do and places to go just to hang out, eat, drink, etc.

5. lucasc

lucasc Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Brazil
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    That sounds great, PM me closer to these dates!

6. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi guys, just got the KiK app. Looks like it's just a messenger? Hope this isn't a dumb question, but how is that better than communicating over these boards?

Anyhow, I'm paulalanr on there as well.

7. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    i may or may not have 2 extra seats for a trip from natal -> Recife (immediately after the USA/Ghana game) surely less stressful than taking a bus and my buddy lives in recife so he knows how to drive around. now taking inquiries!:thumbsup:

8. Frank_Berns

Frank_Berns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Are you guys planning to buy cheap burner phones?

9. Victorius Secret

Oct 30, 2013
    Liverpool, England
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Check out the Salvador thread, lots of great advice

10. Jennifer W

Jennifer W Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I'm looking into this right now.

11. ccvargas89

ccvargas89 Member

Feb 24, 2014
    hamilton, Ontario
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hi guys, i booked two rooms in cuiaba for June 23-25 to watch the colombia v Japan game at the Skala Travelling Hotel through the FIFA website ( i can show comfirmation) but my family booked a different hotel for us to stay in (not going to lie a little pricier but nicer) and so i have two rooms i need to get off my hands now! Not looking to make profit, if i cancel through FIFA, i get nothing back. So i know hotels are limited in Cuiaba on those dates. They are $200US a night each room. Like i said, just looking to sell at cost.
    Thanks!

12. rplens

rplens Member

Apr 14, 2014
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    #137 rplens, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    Hey! I have a nice apartment in SP that fits 4. Is anyone willing to share some tickets for acommodation? I could not get any tickets to games in sao paulo...
    If anyone interested let me know!

I also can help you guys with anything here in sp
    I speak portuguese, english and a little of spanish and italian.

13. zzvelik

zzvelik Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Southern California
    I'm also a solo traveler from the greater Los Angeles area & will be in Sao Paulo from June 8 to 26. No luck getting tickets today for any games in SP or Rio even though I was online 5 minutes before ticket sales began. I could've bought the SPA/NED & GER/POR games in Salvador, but didn't want to travel there alone. In any case, I'm open to any travel ideas, sharing, buying extra tickets in SP/Rio. I'd also be happy if anyone directed me to soccer groups from anywhere in Southern California that I can contact to find tickets/travel buddies. Thanks,

zzvelik AT gmail.com

14. nano2583

nano2583 New Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Paul I will be in Rio from June 11th to the 25th. So far I was only able to get a ticket for the Russia vs Belgium game in Rio but still hoping to get others and I will also be traveling to the USA vs Ghana game in Natal. I will be solo for my trip so it be cool to get a beer and catch some games.

15. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely. I'm thinking it might make sense to plan some sort of meetup event on maybe the 14th so folks from the board who are in Rio can meet and make plans. Maybe just meeting at the Ipanema Fan Fest for one of the televised games that day might make sense?

16. HugoNY

HugoNY Member

Feb 15, 2014
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check out American Outlaws, there are lots of chapters in SoCal including I.E. South Bay etc. . .
    If you happen to be in Rio Jun 8-13 let me know we can grab a beer in Copa

zzvelik repped this.
  17. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    holy S^*t dude... you have quite the itinerary

18. HugoNY

HugoNY Member

Feb 15, 2014
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's going to be an epic trip, I'll probably need a vacation after the World Cup lol

19. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yikes. I don't even want to imagine the total of what dude spent on flights. But man, looks like fun!

20. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody wanna split housing on playoffs or car rentals? A buddy and I are driving from natal to Recife and back on june20 and again on june 23. you can see my schedule below. Let me know.

21. nano2583

nano2583 New Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the fan fest was going to be in Copacabana?

22. Kat76

Kat76 Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going to be in Rio 17-19 Jun, hoping to stay near Copacabana. Esp-Chi seems unlikely, but maybe the fan fest screens will make up for it. Anyone have a rental with extra space?

23. Kat76

Kat76 Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Boston
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tho I guess the Rio Fan Fest is now in question too, right?

24. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey nano,
    How are you getting from rio to natal? I have a buddy that has tickets to USA Ghana but it looks like its going to be expensive and quite the travel in order to go after the arg-bos game. I would love to go but from what I've been seeing, I'm going to need at least a grand for flight n accommodations for 1-2 days. Anyhow, any input helps, and can't wait to get to rio!
    Attending:
    Argentina vs Bosnia
    Spain vs chile
    England vs Uruguay
    Belgium vs Russia

25. Jennifer W

Jennifer W Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Are you driving from Natal to Recife for the US-Germany match too?