WC 2014 Sharing accomodation, travelbuddies or meeting up

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Stefan79, Dec 7, 2013.

1. enthusiastic

enthusiastic Member

Oct 28, 2013
    I think "kik" would be better for our purpose since it is free forever and doesn't involve sharing phone numbers. Just the kik ID.

Also it sounds like 'kick' which is apt. for a football group. :p

2. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    BRILLIANT! LOL

3. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone making a trip from Rio to Sao for the England vs Uruguay game? I need thoughts on the best way to achieve this. I saw a plane ticket through one of the lesser known airlines for 318 leaving at 10 am in the morning and returning at 1:15 am in Rio.

4. NaijaAndRed

NaijaAndRed New Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi guys, first post here.

Guy/44, got tickets to see the following matches
    6/16 Curitiba NIG/IRI
    6/20 Salvador SWI/FRA
    6/25 Porto Alegre NIG/ARG

Getting into Sao Paulo 6/14 and planning to stay through 6/19 (day flight to Curitiba) then off to Salvador 6/19-6/14 and then Porto Alegre 6/24-6/27 and back to Sao Paulo and return 6/28. Would be definitely interested in joining folks for watching games or meeting up for a beer. Solo traveller and looking up places to stay so any ideas would be helpful!

5. Victorius Secret

Oct 30, 2013
    Liverpool, England
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Happy to meet up in Salvador, have you managed to book any accommodation?

NaijaAndRed repped this.
  6. prico

prico Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hey Jordan,

I will be in Salvador 12 - 14 June and also attending the Spain vs. Holland match.
    This is also my 1st world cup, but have been to Brazil many times (2x Salvador).

Unfortunately this is the only match I could get a ticket for. Was unsuccessful to get tickets to some of the Rio matches (Argentina - Bosnia H. and Spain - Chile).
    Hopefully I can still score at least 1 more ticket to one of these games, while I am there (15 - 19 June).
    On 19 June I will fly back to Holland.

Anyway, I would love to meet up with you and your father to grab a few beers, so just give me a shout, ok?

Patrick

7. sargopt

sargopt Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    patrick pass on the salvador post ;)

8. prico

prico Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hey Stefan,

I am in Rio from 14-19 June. Would love to meet up and watch a few games (especially Holland - Australia!),
    or just grab a few beers. I will be staying in Flamengo.

Do you have tickets to the Spain - Chile game?

I am still hoping to score at least 1 ticket for (Argentina - Bosnia H. and / or Spain - Chile), but chances are slim I guess. If not successful, I am sure it will be a big party anyway and look forward going to the fan fests.

Can't wait for the world cup to start!

Hup Holland, hup!
    Patrick

9. prico

prico Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Will do sargopt. :)

10. DanHD14

DanHD14 New Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'll be in Sao Paulo from June 22nd to 27th and currently have spare accommodation at the Sao Paulo Hotel Panamby. I booked a double room but my travel partner has bailed. If anyone is stuck for accommodation, we could probably work something out! I also now subsequently have a spare ticket for the Belgium-South Korea game on the 26th.

From SP I am then heading to Rio from the 27th-30th of June then back to SP until the 2nd of July to fly out. If anyone is keen to meet up for a drink and the matches/excitement, feel free to get in touch! I am up for anything - can't wait for the summer!!

Cheers,

Dan (hannigandaley@gmail.com)

11. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    Of corse bars show them we talk about Brazil after all. Not sure about public viewing on a big screen in Recife because that's the one city where the local government finds it to expensive to hold an official fan fest (apparently would cost them R$ 20million. Although I think they might have smaller unofficial screening events but noone really knows yet.

I am pro KIK app as well.

12. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've finally got most of my travel plans locked down, and would be happy to meet up with other fans. I'm in Rio pretty much the entire trip save for a quick day to Natal for the USA-Ghana match. I have a couple long breaks in my match schedule though, so I'm getting tempted to maybe head out somewhere else. I also know more Portuguese than your average gringo.... Schedule below in the signature.

13. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @paulalanr How are you getting from Rio to Natal? I will be in Rio from June 15th to the 23 and would love to catch the USA vs Ghana game but considering the distance. What did you find was the cheapest way to do it?

14. paulalanr

paulalanr Member

Nov 5, 2013
    New Orleans, LA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It wasn't super cheap, but it's within reason. I got a flight on GOL for right at $600 round trip. I booked through www.despegar.com. It seems like flight prices fluctuate pretty wildly for Brazil domestics, but I thought that price was more or less fair, especially since I'm not paying extra for my match ticket, and I don't have to book a place up there.

I'm leaving out of Dumont airport (downtown Rio) at 8:32 on match day and I get into Natal at 14:58. My plan right now is to go directly to the arena area from there. Then I fly back out of Natal at 2:55 the next morning to arrive in Rio at 8:00.

If you have tickets to Rio matches and you're willing to give one up, chances are you'll be able to make a trade for a USA-Ghana ticket. I traded my CAT1 France-Ecuador for a CAT2 USA-Ghana as an even trade and it was very quick and easy to arrange.

15. JaWC2014

JaWC2014 Member

Rapids/FC Barcelona
    United States
    Mar 9, 2014
    Denver, CO
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, I was hoping to do the same for less. I do have a travel buddy that has tickets to the game. So I wouldn't have to pay extra either. I was hoping to find a flight for around 300-400. Thanks for the info!

16. alebaldwin

alebaldwin New Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a great idea, there are many great ideas on this thread! Ticket SHARING, rather than the buy/sell/touting is a great way to meet people while traveling and help each other out. Many of us are traveling solo and have bought more than one ticket for matches we are attending, I myself have 2 for each. I've listed the matches in my signature. Would be stoked to see a match during the knockout phase, unfortunately I couldn't get any.

If any of you would like to attend a match with me in exchange for attending one of yours with you, let me know. Also I'm staying with family friends in most of the cities I'm visiting, so accommodation will not be a problem for me. I may be willing to provide accommodation if you seem like cool and nice people too. I'll be in Brazil for over a month and I have a long list of places I'd like to see from Sao Luis to Iguacu Falls. Let's get talking!

kik: alebaldwin

17. HugoNY

HugoNY Member

Feb 15, 2014
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately tickets from Porto Alegre to Natal have not gone down one bit. Prices are still in the $500-$600 range

18. ed832

ed832 New Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Is anybody going for the USA vs ghana game in natal and traveling to the mex vs brazil in Fortaleza. Any ideas of how to get around ? Anybody making the same trip? Having a hard time finding any hotels on the 17th in Fortaleza. Anybody have any pointers?

19. NaijaAndRed

NaijaAndRed New Member

Mar 26, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No, not yet. Still working out the Sao Paulo details. Any suggestions?

20. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    it would be good if people posted when they are in which cities in what i posted below and the next person would copy it and include their infos to it so we would get an idea of who is where at the same time maybe it is silly? just the dates not with the games. idk just an idea :)

Belo Horizonte

Brasilia

Cuiaba

Curitiba

Fortaleza

Manaus

Natal

Porto Alegre

Recife

Rio

Salvador

Sao Paulo

HugoNY repped this.
  21. Frank_Berns

Frank_Berns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I am travelling from Canada with a buddy.

Looking for accommodations in:
    MANAUS from June 11th-15th
    SALVADOR from June 15th-21st
    MANAUS from June 22nd-26th

Cheers,

Michael

22. kwame_tdot

kwame_tdot Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    will be following Ghana games.

Looking for a place in Fortalezza from Jun 15-25th

Solo traveller here so anyone wanna hookup and/or share accommodation, hit me up

23. Jennifer W

Jennifer W Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Annapolis, MD
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    There are two of us looking to travel from Natal to Recife and back for the US-Ger match on June 26. Recommendations?

24. shermanator12290

Nov 19, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    alright I'm going to get the KIK app! Im in Natal from 9-18th and olinda/recife from the 18-23.. Ill let you guys know when I get it.

25. Stefan79

Stefan79 Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yes let's meet. I have a ticket for the Argentina game in Rio, you probably will be able to buy one there. I'll sent you a pm.