WC 2014 Sharing accomodation, travelbuddies or meeting up

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Stefan79, Dec 7, 2013.

1. shermanator12290

Nov 19, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My plan is to get everyone (who is going to be in these cities on these dates) on Whatsapp.. an app for your smartphone that allows you text via wi-fi for free for the first year.. so it won't cost us any money to communicate with each other in brazil as long as we have wi-fi..

2. HugoNY

HugoNY Member

Feb 15, 2014
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stefan lets definitely meet up in Recife for some beers.

3. carlislewade

carlislewade New Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Charlottesville, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Doesn't look like we will overlap...you are going to leave Recife before the US b Germany match? I'd like to get some insight into the places to go as you will be in both towns before I get there! Hit me up at carlislewade@gmail.com. Cheers

4. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If anyone requires a room for 2 nights in Brasilia from June 18th to 20th, let me know. I booked it thru the FIFA website about 2 months ago. Standard Double BB - Hotel St.Paul Plaza near the national stadium. Friend bailed out.. PM me for details. Thanks

5. toolero79

toolero79 New Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nice to see some of you will rout for "The Ticos" in Recife against Italy.

I'll be there from 6/18 to 6/21 with more Costa Rican friends.

Hope to grab a beer and watch some games with you guys.

6. Stefan79

Stefan79 Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I am not sure who to support, but probably Costa Rica the underdog. Looking forward to see Balotelli play as well. Would be nice to analyse the match with some beers after...

7. kopite1892

kopite1892 Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Hey Guys

Looking for accommodation on 23rd in curitiba for 2 of us from Australia. Also looking for 2 tickets for the aussie spain game.
    PM me if any of you can help out

8. El Bigote de Dalí

May 30, 2013
    South Jordan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there. I'd support concafcaf anyway, but it helps that my club's best forward is Saborio!

9. OscarCanada

OscarCanada Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I will be in Brasilia at that time also

10. Toosucio4u

Toosucio4u Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    I'm
    Watching Ecuador vs Switzerland on the 15th.

11. OscarCanada

OscarCanada Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yes I have a ticket for Ecuador-Suisse on 15th. I arrive on the 13th and then leave early on the 16th.

12. enthusiastic

enthusiastic Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Will be in Rio from July 2 - July 5

13. Toosucio4u

Toosucio4u Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nice man I will see you over there. I'll buy you a beer at the stadium

14. OscarCanada

OscarCanada Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Sure. Do you know how FIFA allocated the seating?
    For instance, I'm neither Swiss nor Ecuadorian but would love to sit among the Swiss fans. Would FIFA even allow us to state our preferences?

15. Toosucio4u

Toosucio4u Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Don't know anything about allocations for general tickets. I did get mines as Ecuador TST so I should be allocated with the rest of ecuadorian fans. We shall see whenever they decide to deliver the tickets

16. carlislewade

carlislewade New Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Charlottesville, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Will be in Recife on the 29th for winner of group D vs 2nd group C...just found out semi successful on the lottery. Anybody there that day/going to the same game? Leaving from Natal that morning.

We are in the market for tickets to Uruguay vs Italy and US vs Germany. Hit me up if you have extras at carlislewade@gmail.com.

17. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Will be in Rio from June 6th on. Will probably go to Paraty for a couple of days in July.

18. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    still looking for accomodations for June 19 to June 23 in Recife.. willing to share house, apt etc... its me and this other dude. if anyone is down to share let me know.. i am paypal friendly.

19. nsato

nsato Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Planning a trip to Recife from Rio 6/14 to watch Japan/Ivory Coast. Would love to stay there few nights before traveling to Natal to see US/Ghana if I can get tickets.

Anyone else doing something similar?

20. jamfactoryken

jamfactoryken Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Exeter, England
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Hi,

I have a three-bed house with outside jacuzzi, BBQ, hammocks, garden etc in Barra da Tijuca, Rio for the entire tournament.

There is space in the house for the following dates

Jun 7th-11th
    Jun 15th-18th
    Jun 27th-July 17th

Am not looking at the moment for cash, rather tickets for games in exchange. It will be me only for the first two dates, but my girlfriend will be there the latter dates.

Please PM if you are interested.

Cheers.

ken.

21. baldeep

baldeep New Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    My cousin and I are in Brasilia for the round 16 game landing into the city in the morning to watch the match at 1pm and staying the night before flying out to sao paulo in the morning of the 1st July. 6 other people we were travelling with are now flying out that night to Sao Paulo so:

Option 1) I have 2 x rooms booked with free cancellation until 27th June at the mansoori apart hotel 1 with pay on arrival for the 30th June 2014. I am potentially willing to give one of these rooms for free if anyone is willing to sell me 2 x tickets for either game 50/55 or 58 :) http://www.mansoori.com.br/english/mansoori1.cfm.

Option 2) We also had an apartment booked for 1 night on the 30th June at Brasilia Apartments, The price has now shot up to £560. Would be willing to offer space to sleep here for free if you sell me 2 x face value tickets for game 50, 55 or 58 :) As this is the place we are staying I could listen to offers from like minded people to stay the night here too :)

http://uk.hotels.com/ho447440/brasilia-stadium-apartments-brasilia-brazil/

Option 3) I noticed that the fifa website only allows bookings with their hotels for a 2 night minimum and we spotted manhatten plaza as a decent place for a reasonable price. I was wondering if anyone is interested in splitting an official fifa world cup hotel so the booking is from 29th June to 1st July and we take the 2nd night?

Private message me to discuss: bulgy_pants@hotmail.com

22. Ken Lamb

Ken Lamb New Member

Mar 24, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will there be viewing areas in the cities to watch the games? For example, if I am in Recife, will the bars or other places be showing the game that is currently playing?

23. HugoNY

HugoNY Member

Feb 15, 2014
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll see you in Curitiba for Honduras v Ecuador. I have Honduras TST

24. HugoNY

HugoNY Member

Feb 15, 2014
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There will be a FIFA fan fest in every host city I believe.

25. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    lets get a whatsapp thread going?!?