WC 2014 Sharing accomodation, travelbuddies or meeting up

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by Stefan79, Dec 7, 2013.

1. El Bigote de Dalí

May 30, 2013
    South Jordan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds good, man. I'll have made two trips into Recife by then, so I should be a pro at that point.

2. Pablinsky

Pablinsky Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Maitencillo
    I'm looking for accommodation in Rio for 4 people from June 17th to the 22nd. Anyone looking to share or has spare space?

3. signore

signore New Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I am looking for accommodation for 2 Canadian lads that are pretty available to sleeping on floors!

Manaus - June 12th-14th
    Salvador - June 15th-20th
    Manaus - June 21st-23rd

email me at frank.berns@yahoo.ca

4. itllgrowback

itllgrowback Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hi folks - first post here.

I'd be interested in sharing accommodations in Recife on the nights of June 25 and 26. I'm a (mostly) clean-cut American, who happens to be a Germany supporter. I'm staying in Belo Horizonte from the 21st through the 29th apart from the two nights in Recife.

I have airfare to Recife but no accommodations as of yet, and I'd be interested in sharing something.

5. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have tix for all the Natal group games, and am in lotto for Germany-US and the round 16 in Fortaleza.

Have booked flights to be in cities as follows

Natal: June 11-26 (a friend will be with me for the group stage)
    Recife: June 26-July 6 (will also be going to Fortaleza during this time if i get tix)
    Sao Paolo: July 6- 13

Still looking for places to stay, and would certainly be interested in splitting a place if it can cut down costs or for people to watch games with when we aren't at the stadium. Demographically, we are mid/late 20s guys.

I have sent messages to tons of places on VRBO, homeaway, flipkey etc without much luck in our price range. We might possibly look into Pipa and renting a car if we don't have luck with anything in Natal.

6. PabloSanDiego

PabloSanDiego Member+

West Ham United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2014
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the recent price reductions I booked all my internal Brazil flights and firmed up my itinerary. I'm meeting friends here and there but looking to meet up and make new friends over beers. I'm an American Outlaws member but didn't make the cut on the chartered trip to I just winged it and created my own itinerary. I'll hopefully get a ticket to see the USA v Ghana game and will probably fly up from Rio to catch USA v Germany in Recife. This is my itinerary, I hope to meet some of you:

Sao Paulo: FRI/SAT June 13/14 - SUN June 15
    Natal: SUN-WED June 15-18
    Salvador: WED-SAT 18-21 June
    Rio: SAT-FRI 21-27 June
    Sao Paulo: FRI -??? 27-??? June

Pablo

7. Mexico_Gol

Mexico_Gol New Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Rio 9-11
    Natal 12-15
    Curitiba 18-21

Still undecided of going to Fortaleza for Mexico vs Brazil game

8. Toosucio4u

Toosucio4u Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Brasilia 14-15
    Rio 16-19
    Curitiba 20-21
    Rio 22-29
    Meet at fanfest in Copacabana for the USA games

9. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a hotel booked in natal on ponta negra June 11 to 25 for myself and a friend. If anyone still needs accommodations we wouldn't mind sharing to cut costs. If not enough beds, there's always the floor. Hah. Pm me if you are interested, can give some more info.

We'd be up for meeting people to hang out with on non game days too.

10. prince6666

prince6666 Member

May 31, 2010
    Hamburg
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hi ho,

I´m getting to Brasil at June 14th. I will be alone or the first two weaks and travelling a little bit within this period.
    I will stay in Rio until the 19th in a hostel (Vidigalbergue Rio Hostel). Have tixx for Arg.-BiH and Spain-Chile. Then I will fly:
    19.06. Brasilia for Cote d`Ivoire - Colombia
    20.06. Salvador for Switzerland - France
    21.06. Fortaleza for Germany - Ghana
    22.06. Rio for Belgium - Russia
    23.-26.06. Manaus for Switzerland - Honduras and Sightseeing Amazonas

Anybody with a similar travel plan? And beyond that I´m looking for someone to do some sightseeing in and around Manaus.

Would be great to hear from you guys => pm me...!

greetz

Ralph

By the way: from Germany/Hamburg

11. negsonker

negsonker New Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Hey,

I live in Sao Paulo and I’m gonna host some people during WC in my simple apartment for a very simple price. My place is close to subway stations and important traffic routes and I’ll have free time to help whoever stays here during his/her stay. If someone is interested or knows someone who might be, please, contact me – edgarlepri@yahoo.com.br

12. carlislewade

carlislewade New Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Charlottesville, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We will be in Natal June 23-July 3 and are looking for travel mates from Natal to Recife via bus for the games on June 26 and June 29. Cant wait!

13. carlislewade

carlislewade New Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Charlottesville, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We will be making our first trip of two from Natal to Recife on the 26th...would be great to ride with a "pro"! By bus from Natal station? or some other way?

14. carlislewade

carlislewade New Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Charlottesville, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe we find a place to watch a game on the 25th...we'll be in Ponta Negra. Planning to catch the Uruguay v Italy match on the 24th and ride the bus to Recife for games on the 26th and 29th.

15. shermanator12290

Nov 19, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ay guys!

I will be traveling across brazil this summer.. hoping to meet up with some awesome people along the way.. Natal - June 9-18.. We are stopping other places too like recife, slavador, belo, sao, foz, manaus, rio.. Let me know if you guys want to party! I'm not really sure how to message people individually but let me know if you guys want to meet up!

Geoff

16. El Bigote de Dalí

May 30, 2013
    South Jordan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're coming from the south-- a town called Porto de Galinhas. Bummer.

17. Albert Frankenstein Lopez

Feb 7, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Albert/29 from Los Angeles California. Looking for someone interested on going to Recife between June 20-30. I already have hotel reservation but looking to split cost of trip with someone. If interested message me.

18. RafaelinRio

RafaelinRio New Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Dear soccer friends,

I wanted to share a few links to websites which can help you learn more about Brazil and prepare for your travels to the World Cup this summer.

For more information about the 12 host cities at the World cup in Brazil, visit the following link:
    http://spworldcup.wordpress.com/2013/12/18/the-complete-travel-guide-to-brazils-world-cup-cities/

Getting ready to visit Rio? Then visit: http://riouncovered.com

Coming to São Paulo for the World Cup? Read more here: http://spworldcup.wordpress.com

We welcome your very quick support to answer these very short 6 questions in this survey, to help people in Brazil better prepare for the visit of you and other tourists coming to Brazil this summer -https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WD5WRRF

I hope these links are useful for your travels to Brazil, and thank you so much for the help with the very short survey included.

Cheers from Rio!

19. clubamericalara

clubamericalara Member+

Jun 20, 2013
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Club América
    looking to possibly share a house or APT in the south Recife region from the 19th to 24th of June!

20. Pablinsky

Pablinsky Member

Jun 23, 2006
    Maitencillo
    Anyone looking to share hotel in Fortaleza from June 29th to July 5th?

21. hala_m4drid

hala_m4drid Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Hilton Head, SC
    Yo BS fam. Stopping by to share some suggestions for lodging in Recife/Olinda. Like many of you, I had no luck finding reasonable accom. through traditional channels. So I had to do a little digging and have a couple of suggestions. I'll be staying at Pousada Alquimia. They don't have a real web presence to speak of but a google search will return some images and a few (mostly favorable) reviews. Plus, the hostess, Dalva, has been extremely friendly and responsive. Drop her a line at alquimia1012.pousada@gmail.com. Prices are steep for Brazil but nothing compared to what some of the hotels were asking. About USD $60 per night for single occupancy, about $100 per night for double with separate beds.

Alternatively, I've been in touch with Miriam at Albergue de Olinda (alberguedeolinda@alberguedeolinda.com.br). Booking/Hostelworld only list female dorm availability but, if you contact them directly, they should have some dorms open for dudes also. Reviews are all over the place but you should probably expect a fair dose of hostel gnarliness. But they have beds and you can sleep there for pretty cheap. I was quoted at around $95 USD for two people for two nights.

Hope this helps guys, drop me a line if you wanna link up for a beer in Olinda around 6/25.

Up the yanks.

22. El_Bulla

El_Bulla Member

Jan 21, 2007
    I recommend despegar.com and decolar.com for booking. They're the same company, with the latter being the brazilian version. I've found several hotels that only list here and not on booking.com and similar sites. It's one of the go to booking sites in Brazil, so you might get more lucky. Good luck!

23. HugoNY

HugoNY Member

Feb 15, 2014
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey fellas,

Traveling solo from NYC looking to meet up with other travelers for drinks and catch some games. I have Honduras TST3 and 3 other matches

Rio 6/9-6/12
    Natal 6/12-6/14
    Porto Alegre 6/14-6/19
    Curitiba 6/19-6/21
    Recife 6/21-6/24
    Manaus 6/24-6/28
    If anyone is in these cities around these dates pm me

24. Stefan79

Stefan79 Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Recife 20 to 23 for Italy Costa Rica and Mexico Croatia. Always in for a beer and watching games.

25. shermanator12290

Nov 19, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ay What's up guys! I'm trying to get people together in Natal and Recife in June.. I'll be in Natal from the 9th to 18th and Recife from the 20th-23rd.. if you are going to be in these cities during these times please feel free to PM me and add me on Facebook. Let's get some comradery going and party about it. Thanks