washing cleats?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by flashgordon0123, Jan 22, 2007.

1. flashgordon0123

flashgordon0123 New Member

i just got my new cleats out on the pitch for practice today, and of course it rains and they get totally muddy, if i put them in the washing machine, but don't put them in the dryer, say i just air dry them, will that be bad for them, by the way they are puma v1.06's and i love them

2. AHCL20

AHCL20 Member

Don't put them in the washing machine or the dryer unless you want to wreck them.

The thing is Puma v1 is notorious for picking up dirt. I had a pair of the white ones and I know.

Try soaking them in warm water, and use a cloth to try to rub away the mud/dirt.

I have heard others who tried to use solvents or some chemical to 'restore' their v1 to the original spanking clean state, but I couldn't be bothered to go through all the hassle.
  3. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Netherlands
    I can't really help with v1s since I've never owned a pair, but in general, at least with my boots (predator pulse/absolute), I use a toothbrush to clean them off, and a TINY bit of oxyclean hinted water if I need to.
  4. erictheking

erictheking New Member

I usually wash them in the showers after the game.

Then it's someone else's problem if it blocks the drain.

5. Todge

Todge New Member

my white Legends came back form the first day out absolutly caked!! i banged as much off as i could on the ground, then kind of scraped what i could off with the handle end of a toothbrush and then just gave them a good wipe down with a cloth and warm water. the only thing wrong with them now is that the laces are still brown but i can ure that with a wash.

a cheap pair of trainers i put in the washingmachine the other day came out sparkling, but i wouldnt do it with anything even moderatly expensive. best just to clean the mud off every day and maybe put the laces in the washing machine once in a while.
  6. Skizz

Skizz New Member

Club:
    Arsenal FC
    --other--
    Haha, I know the problem. I just wash my boots in a bucket of warm water with some random shower gel, then dump the water on the front lawn afterwards. :)