New Balance/Warrior Thread- All NB/Warrior pictures,info, questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Dec 1, 2012.

1. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    [​IMG]

Alrighty, so the Superheat's all revealed and looking pretty nice!

The big tech focus is on the Tri-Fusion Skin. Three layers of material working together; Neoweb Mesh, TPU Nanocradle, Organitouch Textured Finishing.

[​IMG]

Another boot I like the look of from Warrior, the mesh makes me think of the Nitrocharge, the layering makes me think of the Hypervenom and the look of the boot in profile is like a more streamlined adiZero miCoach.

If you want the full write-up, more details on the Superheat are here. But otherwise, I'm still waiting to hear the official weight point. I'd love it to be in and around the 160g-180g bracket, rather than another 230g speed boot like the Umbro GT II Pro.

2. JayMike-DK

JayMike-DK Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Great write-up as usual - best one out there yet! We've just weighed in our sample. It's clocking in at 215g.
    But it's not the worst thing about the boot. @GrassRouteOne, what do you think of the upper material? I think it's way too stiff, especially in these times of the new Adizero, Diadora DD-NAs and Vapor IXs. I mean, the toebox won't mould to your foot at all - it's a perfect fit or nothing.

Have to say I'm not overly impressed, to be honest. I think that the Gamblers and Skreamers are actually great boots in their own rights, but this is a failed attempt to capitalise on the speed boot market.

I think the idea of the Tri-Fusion skin is pretty nice with a base of nice, soft mesh, a TPU skeleton to add some structure and stability to the upper and then a textured finish to add friction and thus grip on the ball. Problem is that the mesh seems to thick and that the TPU Nanocradle and the Organitouch texture seem too stiff and kinda hinders the softness of the mesh from really making its mark.

Yeah yeah, I know I'm already slating it too much without even trying it yet. I just have a bad experience with boots when I already get this feeling the first time I see it. And don't even get me started on the design...

3. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I actually won't get my hands on the review pair until (hopefully) tomorrow, though I must say I was a bit caught off guard when I read that TPU was being used for the middle layer in that triple-layer upper!

Now that you've said it, @JayMike-DK, having something that stiff over mesh doesn't seem like it would work too well unless it's used like a 'frame' (like a lot of mesh indoor/sala shoes), but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until I can get my feet in them this weekend.

Thanks for the weight point too, it's a little disappointing given the weight of the Skreamer, but it would explain why the weight wasn't mentioned in any of the press materials.

I will say I'll remain optimistic on the Superheat as I actually like the design, will be interesting to see how our reviews compare!

4. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    I must say that I am very glad that Unisport and Footy-Boots discuss football boots here on bigsoccer!

5. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    most importantly .... do they still have a glory hole? (immature I know!)

appleCORR

Dr. Boots repped this.
  6. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Your obsession is becoming worrying, Apple :D

But, yes - the tongue has a micro-adjustment hole, so if the tongue slips out of place you can yank it back into position without undoing the laces.

It doesn't have a name like murderhole or gloryhole, but - ironically - is more circular than any of the holes previously seen on Warrior's range. Make of that what you will!

7. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Surely thats for a more universal fit?? lol
    (must have the same mental age as Apple :ROFLMAO:)

8. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    All this immaturity, I'm starting to feel a little like:

[​IMG]

Its naht a gloryhole!

C'mon now, boots is serius bizness, guiz.

9. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Funnily enough, that almost looks like a plain ol' boring design compared to Warrior's other releases. Looks pretty good.

10. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
  11. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

rooster repped this.
  12. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Throw a black colourway on those n I'd try them!

13. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    They must be a prototype or perhaps an AG pair, the ones I've just got in have the same plate as the Gambler.

14. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Bad news. That Gambler soleplate is the worst looking thing ever.

15. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    But it is flexible at looks like it will work well on both AG and FG.

16. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    It looks dangerous to me. Far too many large, strange angled blades.

17. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
    They are actually not that large and they are short as well.

18. kogge

kogge Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    So after months of waiting I still ask myself: why did Warrior never release the Skreamer k-lite in a white/red colorway? I think a lot of people would have loved them.

19. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    White/yellow Gambler looks good. Questionable marketing terms aside, Warrior seems to be on the right track.

20. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gamblers are always good... they have GloryHole... :sneaky:

21. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
  22. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Agreed, @rooster ! They look like a whole new boot in that colourway - kudos to Warrior's design team on this one.

23. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Almost leaked it...

Copy of Warrior-Skreamer-S-Lite-mirage grey-black-green-1.jpg Copy of Warrior-Skreamer-S-Lite-mirage grey-black-green-1 (1).jpg

rooster repped this.
  24. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The thing that ruined it for on the warrior design was they had a design, then the fine design/tribal pattern within it, Just put me off, kinda looked cheesy.

Seems like they are done with the in your face colours and producing some nice colour ways