New Balance/Warrior Thread- All NB/Warrior pictures,info, questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Dec 1, 2012.

1. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Please please please please for the love of whatever deity you and I worship NOT let it be this crazy ass blades. Im fine even with a Maestri style conical/blade compromise.

holden and gwood88 repped this.
  2. FootySpy

FootySpy Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Your wish is granted. Cray ass blades!

[​IMG]

3. FootySpy

FootySpy Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Really Warrior, really?

[​IMG]

digby novascotia, kogge, b0sk1 and 2 others repped this.
  4. rooster

rooster Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Jesus Christ!

b0sk1 repped this.
  5. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    good lord my eyes

MY EYES

the hell are they thinking?!

AllanBhoy, jayc23 and Mercurial4991 repped this.
  6. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol gloryhole for precision fit in sticky situations...

??????????

7. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    "Gloryhole" :laugh:
    98% of all guys will know what I'm referring to.

8. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore

I thought the Mizuno Wave Ignitus blade outsoles was bad but this is just...holywtfbbq.

Maybe its like those 'turf' boot blades #notbeingserious

9. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    It actually reminds me a lot of their turf pattern:
    [​IMG]
    Which I have to say, does work very well on the old carpet style astroturf.

b0sk1 repped this.
  10. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man you would think SOMEONE in their design/marketing department knows what's up. I can't believe they are really calling them that! I think the murder holes was a bit much, as it could have been conceived as "violent" in today's über PC world, but then they go and do that. I'm gonna send them an email with a link to urbandictionary....

11. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Do it!

maybe attach a link to some glory hole videos too...

but seriously was the design guy on a boat, got sea sick and threw up on the outline of the boots and said 'hey thats a great launch colour way '

I've also noticed there isn't any pics of the instep other then the blackout pics,

I though warrior might be a nice alternative to the other brands, the skreamers k-lite look like a good boot for a k-leather/carbon fibre boot, but they haven't seen to have built on them a nice white version would prob sell well, and yet they release a piece of sick with loads of blades on the bottom?

tilburysoccer repped this.
  12. AllanBhoy

AllanBhoy Member

Feb 5, 2013
    The Canadian Republic
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    The paintjob of the boot should be dubbed "Brazzers Dazzler"

Mercurial4991 repped this.
  13. digby novascotia

Aug 27, 2006
    They definitely know, they're known for stuff like this. super funny though. I like the way they do things though although I would'nt wear any of there boots and the new liverpool away jersey is brutal. I like that they are doing there own thing there not copying everyone else. Itll be interesting to see what warrior and under armour can do over the next few years im sure they will bring some exciting new things, gloryholes seem promising haha .

14. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I have never laughed so much at a post ....

Any credibility that Warrior had made for themselves has just gone out of the window, plus seriously how many studs does one pair of boots need?

appleCORR

15. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Seems a bit harsh...

I've got a pair, and they're definitely different, straight out of the box! The tech mesh upper is something entirely new to the market (which is always welcome) and the instep and forefoot zones are somewhere in between the adiPower Predator and Wave Ignitus.

They tip the scales at just under 230g in a UK 9.5 and - like the Skreamer - feel very solid in hand.

Anyone got anything they're curious about or would like a picture of?

16. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'd love a good pic of the instep and also how do you like the tech mesh upper? I'm not sure if you are too familiar with some of Nike's running shoes but a lot of them are incorporating their flyknit and then they've got like a toned down version they use like on the new Lunarglides (I've had ever generation and its on the current IVs), is it something like that?

17. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    For sure, here's an album of the instep and a close-up of the Tech-Mesh:

http://imgur.com/a/h8KdF

[​IMG]
    As for the Lunarglide comparison - there's a lot of the same principals there; a fabric-y external material with a liner inside for comfort. It seems Warrior have (understandably) gone for something a little more hard-wearing on the Tech-Mesh, though - like a woven jacquard-y type fabric

holden, jayc23 and b0sk1 repped this.
  18. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does that stud pattern feel? Is it very aggressive or not.?

19. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I've not been able to try them out yet, but the stud length is actually very short, here's a shot of them next to a Vapor for comparison:

[​IMG]

As you can see, the length is actually shorter than the Vapor - but the quantity is obviously greater, hopefully there's a bit of balance to be had between them.

Mercurial4991 repped this.
  20. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could you take a pic of the sole? Also is the upper leather or a synthetic material?

21. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sure amici, the most interesting thing for me is that run of fabric towards the heel, gives the impression that whole upper wraps your foot like a sock, which I definitely dig.

Also, kept the Mercs in for comparison's sake - aside from the central studs, it's fairly similar placement from Warrior, except they've opted to 'break up' the studs into individual components, whereas the Vapors are rounded up into 6 main groups.

[​IMG]

Upper's a medium-thickness synthetic that's nice and soft (if a bit frictionless) but plastered with control zones, so hopefully that won't be an issue when controlling the ball. Also as with the Skreamer, there IS a K-Leather version that looks the business - all black, absolutely killer.

[​IMG]

As a bonus, the liner on the tongue has a lovely suede finish, which I wanted to show off as that's always something I love on a boot.

[​IMG]

22. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They honestly don't look that bad.. Might give them a try if I kind find a pair for a really good deal.

GrassRouteOne repped this.
  23. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good man! I'm honestly excited to try them out - I'll report back with a playtest and all that jazz when I've had a couple of run-outs in them.

tilburysoccer and Mercurial4991 repped this.
  24. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    looks as if they have made a stud pattern that can be worn on both firm ground and turf?

25. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You know I was thinking the same thing. When I saw that first side pic I thought the studs aren't that long, probably a good option for those looking for a boot that could work both on FG and AG (not trying to turn this thread into a debate).