New Balance/Warrior Thread- All NB/Warrior pictures,info, questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Dec 1, 2012.

1. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The way a company like Pele sells more product is by focusing on the things that Adidas and Nike don't. Like product quality and customer service.

2. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been told that the Pele Trinitys are not very durable in either of the two available options (kleather/synthetic).I have not heard anything about their customer service so I can't comment on that.

The only company that I know follows your opinion and is successful would be Mizuno.

3. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not saying Pele IS doing those things. They are obviously not. I'm saying that's what they should be doing. It's obvious Pele is a very poorly managed company.

Mercurial4991 repped this.
  4. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After using my S Lites today I can tell why the pros go for the leather upper, the synthetic upper is too stiff and the feel of the ball is weird with all the little grip pads. I didnt really like them so I sold them to a friend, guess the butter soft leather from my morelias has spoiled me a bit.

jayc23, serginhobertholi and gwood88 repped this.
  5. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can attest to this being true. I presume you've seen my review? The leather is falling apart already.

6. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Poorly managed? Eesh that's harsh. I actually really rate them, think they're a great little company.

7. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're doing OK with the indoors as far as actual product, but even then they don't do a very good job of keeping their ONLY (that I know of) retailer fully stocked with sizes in any of their models. That's just criminal if you actually want to move product. Actually, their indoors/astros look really nice. The 1962 looked awesome, but size selection was always very limited and then once they sold out they disappeared. Not sure what the deal is there. Now the 1962 Redeemer doesn't look bad, but it's also not something that interests me. It's almost like they produce size runs in a given boot, wait until it sells out, THEN decide whether they want to do another run or not. It just gives off this vibe of lack of confidence in their product.

8. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or lack of capital.

(not having a go, I've had zero interaction with Pele Sports, just me throwing out another possibility looking from the outside)

9. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure that has at least a little to do with it, but then why have 5-6 different models (some of which no doubt cannibalize each other) instead of focusing on 3 and actually having the ability to fill orders?

10. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not only your review but other people's reviews as well, there were also complaints of studs falling off, I don't really see how that's possible with the Trinity but it happened.

11. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good point actually.

I 'ordered' a pair (they're sending me it to review) of the Redeemers with a AG soleplate on it about 2 months ago. I'm still waiting for it now.

12. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd say this is more likely. ^

13. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not read other people's reviews so can't comment - but my colleague Isaac has had problems with BOTH of his Trinity's.. Let me reiterate - he's had TWO pairs, both of which have broken.

Mercurial4991 repped this.
  14. Dog7

Dog7 Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Has anyone seen any top line warrior s lites going cheap anywhere??? Would like to try these boots but don't wanna pay top price for them.
    And also has anyone worn them for a good period of time, therefore knowing wether they loosen up and how they feel after the until break in period and therefore how do you rate the boot???

15. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sports Direct sells them for something like £80.

16. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really want to try the s-lite, but man $200 is about $50 too expensive.

serginhobertholi repped this.
  17. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meant to say k-lite...

18. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I just noticed on warriror.com, If you're a fan of the k-light colors but want a takedown model, they now have the skreamer combat fg with the k-light colors. I wish they would do that with the turfs. I would definately buy a pair.

(btw, this isn't mean to be a response to ejgrownarseman)

19. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I looked at them in sports direct, the black leather ones, dont actually look bad, nor do they feel bad either, and you get a great boot for like £80 or whatever sports direct sell them for

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I had a look for them in my local sports direct but could only see the cheaper versions that didnt have the raised rubber fins on them - Colourwise they looked really nice though.

appleCORR

21. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think they missed the boat with the blades. Every make is moving away from blades and so are most pro players in general yet they drop what looks like a great leather upper on a bladed outsole that looks like it was made in 2000 at the start of the blade craze.

The upper on the leather models looks lush. Hope version 2.0 has conical.

22. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would like to try the K-Leather version...

23. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would like to try the K-Leather version...

24. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    bullring sports direct has the top models in if you wanted to look at them

25. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team: