New Balance/Warrior Thread- All NB/Warrior pictures,info, questions here!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by David89, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are some great pictures, I look forward to hearing your first impressions of the boots.

2. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just ordered myself a pair of S Lites. Cant wait to try them out.

3. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Wore mine for the first time last night, and I really enjoyed them!

The toe area is very stiff out of the box, but I think it's the material on the vamp rather than the upper itself - I'll need a couple more training sessions in them to break them in fully.

I did love the feel and fit, mind you - very comfortable footbed, the carbon fibre is used in a much thinner layer than the Superfly, so bends more readily, and the instep is nice and firm for making contact with the ball when passing.

Mercurial4991 repped this.
  4. GrassRouteOne

GrassRouteOne Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sorry for the double-post, but it's now officially official: Gutierrez signs for Warrior:

[​IMG]

It's an interesting signing (that we knew was coming) - he's a steady selection in the NUFC squad, but at 29, is he going to be in the Argentina set-up for much longer? I'd bet his contract isn't as long as Fellaini's.

5. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Warrior is also a subsidy of New Balance, so they have the money to market their product and put it on big names. Which is possibly an area where Nomis/Pele were/are lacking.

6. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pele are definitely lacking - I've been in discussions with them recently and they themselves said they don't have the money to advertise unlike other companies.

7. eagleStevat

eagleStevat Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Ah New Balance, I remember the days when you could buy a pair of New Balance football boots as worn by Bryan Robson - great player he was. Decent boots too. Quasar's that Lineker wore were dreadful though. I had a great pair of Patrick Gold Cup's like those worn by Keegan and the best player in the world when I was growing up Michael Laudrup, sadly overlooked and underrated when people talk about the greatest of all time - he should be right up there.

8. eagleStevat

eagleStevat Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Yeah, they concentrate on delivering a quality product rather than seeking out sponsorships/endorsements. Wouldn't say they are lacking because of that, their product is quality, but their exposure limits their sales owing to the odd culture of celebrity we have now. Young kids see their favourite players wearing boots and want them, as they always have - see my post above - but it seems that the boot companies exploit this notion now far more than ever.

9. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It works though doesn't it? Nike + Adidas are laughing year upon year.

10. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Pele's goal was to ever be as big as Nike and Adidas. I mean, that's just not feasible and I'm pretty sure they've known that all along. Maybe for Puma. Under Armour has all the right tools to one day be as big. Whether or not they make that commitment is a different story (right now they're not).

11. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd imagine their goal would be to make as much money as possible. You'd hope thats what every business aims to do.

Pele make quality products though. The stuff they've sent me to test is FANTASTIC. Really cannot recommend the Trinity's enough. Excellent football boots.

12. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that's what you think, then I sure hope you never start your own business.

You really think Pele got into the business with the hopes of being as big as Nike and Adidas? No, they didn't. I'm sure they would love to have a larger market share than they have now, but if you don't see how companies like Pele benefit you, the consumer, whether you purchase their product or not, then you don't understand basic economics.

red & wite army repped this.
  13. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Slightly aggressive.

Why wouldn't businesses want to make money?

I also never said they wanted to be as big as Nike/Adidas.

Finally, I don't really understand basic economics. I've never taken an interest in it.

14. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never said businesses "don't want to make money". I said the goal of a business shouldn't be "to make as much money as possible". That's a recipe for failure. Focus on the product and customer service and you will be successful and in turn make money.

15. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got my S Lites in today.

The fit of the boot is very impressive, mainly because of great lacing system. The boot just perfectly hugs your foot when you pull the laces tight.

The S Lites are a really unique looking shoe and I am very impressed with the quality and design.

I have to agree with GrassRouteOne though, the upper is a little stiff straight out of the box, I will see if it gets any better after tomorrows training session.

JonIsAnOwl repped this.
  16. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Anybody with wide feet tried the S-Lite? I'm wondering how it fits width wise?

17. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My feet aren't wide but the fit of the S-Lite is adjustable because of the lacing system, if I could compare it to anything else in the market it would be the Mizuno Morelia although I think Warrior have done a better job with it.

18. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wanting to make money, and wanting to make as much money as possible, are rather different.
    I don't think you need to study economics to understand that concept (no offence).
    Have you ever been to a shop or restaurant, that is not a chain, that serves quality food at a reasonable price?

19. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    None taken.

Maybe it's just me being stupid... But I'm struggling to understand why a business wouldn't want to 'make as much money as possible'. The example you provide is a perfect way to describe this. A shop/restaurant that wants to make as much money as possible by selling quality food/products at a reasonable price to attract more customers. Same as some companies sell lower quality things for cheaper, and some that sell high quality things for more expensive prices, they all want to make as much money as possible surely????????????

Surely all business people have a vision to create a Multi-Million pound company over many years. SURELY? They aren't going to say.. 'Oh yeah, we'll reach a stage where we're turning over 500,000 and then I'll be content.' I can't see that - all businesses want to progress and make as much money as possible.

SURELY. I'd like you to explain what you mean though because like I say, I'm no expert at all.... But in my head that makes sense. All businesses are set up to make as much money as possible, and to have a target of progressing and growing every year. Right?

20. JonIsAnOwl

JonIsAnOwl Member

Apr 20, 2011
    England
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Why not? Why is it a recipe for failure? To me, what you say is suggesting that focusing on customer service and high quality products will help make as much money as possible.

???????????????????

21. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have to agree with Jon here, it's all about the money.

22. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    I'm abit with Jon down here, isn't things like customer service and all that a way to increase brand awareness/create competitive advantage so as to maximise profit? Or at least that's what little i remembered from my Economics classes.

23. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now you're getting it....

I own my own business. There are a lot of things I could do to make more money faster, but doing so would be sacrificing product quality and client satisfaction. You can't succeed long term if your sole motivation is profit.

24. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you own a business?

25. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope I don't but I would imagine that a big company like Adidas, Nike, Puma and even Pele would focus more on sale numbers than quality boots and customer service. Just look at the products that are out right now, they are cheap pieces of plastic. I wont complain about customer service because Adidas and Nike do a pretty good job of handling their defective returns.