Warm Up Games for Brazil 2014

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Rooney20, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Wessoman

Wessoman Member+

Sep 26, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I totally disagree with you about Dzeko, but we won't talk about that. That's another thread and doesn't belong in the US forum.

You are correct, because Gyan's recent form has been outstanding, but I took into consideration the entire period from 2012 to show consistency. Very often, a striker has a good year (As with Altidore, who had a good 2013 and I can only hope he keeps it up) only to drop off. Gyan has improved himself, but it would be safe to monitor both Gyan and Altidore in 2014 before the WC to see if his international goalscoring continues.

If Gyan continues to score at his pace, I will have to eat my words and admit he's back. But having seen the CAN, I was unimpressed. And watching the Egypt series, I still maintain my assertation that Gyan is a poacher, pure and simple. His goals are primarily created by Ghana's superb midfield. When that service is choked off (Which is rarely), he will struggle.

The key is--How is the US going to cut off that final ball from Essien and Muntari?