Walter Sabatini Poll

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Vulpinous, Jan 31, 2013.

?

Are you happy with Sabatini's choices and transfer decisions thus far?

Poll closed Mar 2, 2013.
  1. yes

25.8%
  2. no

74.2%
  1. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Because of this, Sabatini should be fired. GTFO.

2. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm pretty sure he's on high wages, it's why he left United because they weren't going to pay him the wages he was asking and rightly so he was a reserve

3. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    DDR, is there anyway that I can get ahold of some of zemans work? Like a site dedicated to him? Or a book on amazon. I really want to study his idea of Zemanlandia

4. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I'd like to retract my last statement about Sabatini, just fire him. Pogba is exactly what we needed...

5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If Zeman walks so should Walter, a big part of all this is on him yet he will shy away and hide

6. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I have a hard time believing that a player like Pogba exiting Manchester United and was "offered" to Roma (as first choice) and Juve was a back up plan. I guess it could have happened but it's a real stretch.

shiboboo repped this.
  7. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm sure Pogba was "offered" to us. I'm not sure what Pogba's wage is at Juve, but I"m sure it's not insignificant, and the reality is, if we didn't beat Juve's wage, he wouldn't choose us. So yes, in the most broad sense of the wording, we may have had a chance at him.

8. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    fiorentina's ex-sporting director corvino is being contacted by us to join us.. while sabatini might go to sampdoria.

corvino was at leece before too, and he founded vucinic. Before Sabatini's arrival, I wanted one of corvino or Sabatini ...one blew to our faces, lets hope the other doesnt if it does happen

9. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Sabatini can stay as far as I'm concerned. You can build a team with promising player and flank them with average players. If Marquinhos was our promising player in defense he should have been bought in tandem with a great defender, Castan is above average for me. Same with Florenzi, you don't buy Bradley but buy some a level above. Finally he needs to stop buying attacking players and learn to focus equally on all areas of the pitch.

10. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I think Corvino might suffer from the same illness like Sabatini. He will go out of his way to sign talented players even though they aren't what the team needs. Whoever replaces Sabatini needs to work much tighter with Baldini if they are ever to build a competitive team. Baldini had the right ideas for a coach(AVB, even Montella) but I really don't know why he ultimatelly stepped aside and let Sabatini decide.

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Zeman was a marketing choice. The American owners want flashy football. On many occasion Pallotta has mentioned being like Barca. Even after the failed Luis Enrique experiment. Signing Zeman, who is very loved in Rome, was like hitting the reset button after last season. It allowed them to build hype and sell tons of season tickets.

12. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Just the man I'd like to see join us should Sabatini get the boot.:thumbsup:

13. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sabatini gets in an altercation with a fan at around 1:10

14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Sack them all, f ucking sick of them and all they have done....youth club to sell on players. Everyone thinks walter is a genius because he found one player who turned into gold and he's cool because he smokes a cig while standing on the roof watching players, I hope he GTFO of the club along with Baldini...They have brought this

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If you can read Italian there are over a dozen different books on Zeman. There is also a few documentaries, one is called Zemanlandia. You might be able to find it on the net.

** edit **

This is the trailer to the Foggia documentary:

16. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006

Perhaps then he should start finding coaches that are better suited for the players we have instead of vice versa?

17. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Thank you, I'll check them out.

18. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Just read that the board offered Sabatini a new contract and he signed it.

19. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Singapore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If that is true, he doesn't remotely deserve it

20. fabiogiuri

fabiogiuri New Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    walter sabatini should resign the team, in the last press conference he said that the reason because zeman arrived to as roma was his cry in the match pescara - genova..the fans of as roma don't deserve a manager like sabatini!

21. lubosl

lubosl Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    it's unfortunate for Zeman it only takes one text massage to crash your dreams )

22. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sabatini has made above average transfer decisions. All of the following players are worth more than we paid for them, especially Marcos.
    1.Pjanic
    2.Marcos
    3.Lamela
    4.Destro
    5. Lopez

As far as his DS duties, I think that is much harder to assess because of all of the unknowns. Sure he f'up by talking to the media, but Zeman was the first to air the dirty laundry by suggesting the club lacked rules. I am not assigning %100 of the blame on Sabatini because Zeman really fired the first shot in a public way. (He said he wanted to send a signal....that backfired) The other criticism that is often levied against Sabatini on this board is that he has not bought the right players for the coach's system. I am not so sure this is accurate or fair..LE wanted PO and JA and they were purchased. Zeman wanted Tachtsidis and Bradley which were also purchased. How can we make the criticism that he hasn't bought the correct players for the coach? Also, what is the budget, what players are available, who else weighs in on transfers? Baldini? Finally, coaches change like underwear in Italy..are we really going to invest all at once to please a coach that may or may not be here in a year or do we slowly build an attacking type of team?

I think he should stay for now and be given more time to develop the team. None of us had any real issues with Saba last year and again there may be things that occurred and transpired that contributed to this mess that we are not privy too.

23. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Zeman never asked for Bradley. He asked for Tachtsidis, but even so you'll never know if he was his first choice, second, or third.

No way Lamela is worth more than we paid for him, not today. Neither is Destro. The only real steals are Pjanic and Marcos. Possible Nico Lopez but he's only played with boys at this point.

24. ASRomaUSA

ASRomaUSA Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Sciacca, Agrigento
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Destro and Lamela will be worth more shortly IMO. @ DDR Would you fire him?

25. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I would not fire him, but I would reduce his power and try to guide him. He finds some good players from time to time, but he's got no clue how to build a team.