Vuelta a España 2009 [R]

Discussion in 'Cycling' started by Dead Fingers, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Valverde wins the Vuelta.

2. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hooray for Valv.piti. :rolleyes:

I guess we have Worlds and Lombardia left for the season and then we pack it up.

FWIW I'll probably be here for the Tour of Qatar. Maybe I can be BigSoccer's roving correspondent.

3. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That would be sweet, but remember you have to get a picture pimping Bigsoccer at the race.

4. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i watched all the Giro and the TdF, but i didn't watch any of the Vuelta. i just didn't get into it mainly because the roster just didn't do it for me. i will watch the worlds and maybe a cyclo-x race or two but that is about it. it's time for football and football.

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    The roster? as in the cyclists that were in it?

I think there were about 30% more mountain stages as in the Tour and the mountains also were significantly higher and steeper. Physically tougher than the tour. Shame about Gesink having another bad fall three days before the end as he would've finished on the podium if he hadn't but overall he proved why he's seen as the biggest talent in Dutch cycling since Joop Zoetemelk. Also big ups to Johnny Hoogerland and Lars Boom. We've got ourselves a tidy world championships team!

6. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For the severity of those mountains, the climbing stages for me just weren't exciting. Certainly not what I was hoping for. The drama just wasn't there.