VSI Tampa General thread

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by time4wine, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Love that they posted their Director and head coach positions on their website. Interesting move. What is next, a Craigslist posting?

And as far as a stadium. If it isn't UT or USF and isn't a high school that would leave Raymond James (very unlikely) and George Steinbrenner Field (very unfortunate). Am I missing something?

A groundshare (oh, I like to Europose once in awhile as well) with the Rowdies? :laugh:

2. tampasteve1

tampasteve1 Member

Tampa Bay Rowdies and Strikers
    Jul 21, 2009
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if we are keeping the field in Tampa then there are a few other potential sites that come to mind, but most ideas are really just public parks so I left the further out and not as nice parks off.
    • The reasonably new field with stadium seating at Oscar Cooler Park in Lutz.
    • The new Lacross field at UT which should be completed before the season and has just under 1,500 seats.[​IMG]

3. Soccer Joe

Soccer Joe Member

Sep 23, 2012
    First, do you really think they don't know who they want to hire for these positions already!

As for the stadium it is not Raymond James and yes you are missing something but it is something that know one would think of because It is beyond what any other USL or NASL team would even think of let alone fund. Again, UT and USF area possibilities if the preferred option doesn't workout.

4. tampasteve1

tampasteve1 Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha, actually Craigslist would not be too bad. A lot of really reputable companies advertise for positions on it, such as Panera Bread.

Ok, my last guess is a new stadium on a property in DT Tampa near the forum and they are negotiating with Jeff Vinik to develop one of the vacant lots he owns.

Steve

5. Soccer Joe

Soccer Joe Member

Sep 23, 2012
    So I'm guessing you work at Panera.

Not a bad guess for the future but to build a stadium will take a while and the season starts in April! But you are getting warmer.

6. tampasteve1

tampasteve1 Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I do not work at Panera or in the restaurant industry at all (I work in the VoIP Communications industry). Nor has my company advertised for open positions on Craigslist, I was simply giving an example of reputable companies that do.

This is a fun riddle. Ok, maybe rent the Forum out if the NHL season gets locked out completely?

Steve

7. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UT spartan soccer stadium

8. wickedwill

wickedwill Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Tampa Bay
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well SoccerJoe said UT was a possibility if they don't get the undisclosed one . We are trying to figure what the undisclosed one is.

9. tampasteve1

tampasteve1 Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope I am wrong about the forum....that would be cavernous if not enough people show up...

USF or UT Soccer or lacrosse stadiums would not be too bad though. Even though they are all smaller it would make a better atmosphere depending on the crowds.

Steve

10. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pepin Stadium has seating for 1500, but I think they have standing room for more. The UT website mentions they hosted the D-II championship in 1994, and got 4300.

11. wickedwill

wickedwill Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Tampa Bay
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not educated when it comes to The Forums field dimensions but wouldnt the field be too small sort of like Indoor Soccer?

12. tampasteve1

tampasteve1 Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great point, I did not even think of that.

Steve

13. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UT is a great venue. Too small for D2 but probably a fantastic D3. I really liked watching MLS pre-season matches there. Very intimate.

14. wickedwill

wickedwill Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Tampa Bay
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see the Flames forum is still not open, we got more then the required number of people we needed to open the forum weeks ago.

15. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When they renovated it a few years ago they drastically reduced the capacity, even with standing room. Fairly certain there is room for additional seating of some kind to be added on other sides of the field, though.

16. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard they will be playing at JC Handley Sports Complex in Brandon.

18. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't that where the PDL team played? Which - I don't think - is up to standard for USL Pro?

19. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What does transfermarkt.de say? Because I won't believe anything until it's on there. Or on a podcast.

21. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are hearing a few things, but still that USF is likely to be where they play initially although word now is that the youth complex in Riverview could be home. Although that might not be until a sizeable enough venue for a USLpro team is put together down there, which would likely mean USF to begin with anyway.

22. Soccer Joe

Soccer Joe Member

Sep 23, 2012
    There is no youth complex in riverview that will be the future home for the pro team to play their matches. USF is the back up plan but more than likely they will not be playing their. Big anouncements coming before Christmas on the venue and more.

23. Soccer Joe

Soccer Joe Member

Sep 23, 2012

24. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Why so cryptic? If Corbett Stadium is the fall back, then what is the preferred option? Unless they play in a high school stadium, which I assume is not out to the question in the USL, that only leaves three other possibilites: Raymond James, George Steinbrenner Field, and UT. By your comments, I would doubt that UT is the preferred option, leaving the other two. It isn't going to be Raymond James unless they want this team to be DOA. That leaves GSF. Good luck with that one. To say it is less than ideal for soccer is an understatement.

25. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because some people get off on creating identities solely for the purpose of leaking info and looking like insiders.