VP of Finance & Business Planning - Lori Mckirnan

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Smithsoccer1721, Apr 10, 2014.

1. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I'll bet she becomes the point person working on a new training facility and perhaps a new stadium. While she had some cap management responsibilities in Atlanta, that would seem to fall under Berhalter or Mendelsohn with the Crew.

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    looks to me like an accountant, which would mean that she does, like, accounting stuff. that other stuff would seem somewhat outside her skill set.

3. NewEnglandClamChowder

Jul 28, 2012
    The Eyetalian Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    bored already

ZipSix repped this.
  4. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am guessing this is a newly created position. Wonder if the business side of AP said this was something we were missing.

5. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like a well qualified hire with high level sports experience and a local connection.

6. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    She replaced the former VP of Finance & Adminstration - who left the organization several weeks ago.

7. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    I agree that it's more of a high level responsibility to find a new training site but unless Precourt wants to move to Columbus full time and spend a lot of hours schmoozing local mayors and councilmen, she seems like the person most likely to be delegated those duties. Or maybe we'll have a new team president by midseason.

8. NewEnglandClamChowder

Jul 28, 2012
    The Eyetalian Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Not that this is related to Lori's hiring, but it looks like AP/Lori have made another decision: Brett Zalaski, Sr. Director of Ticket Sales announced this will be his last home game as part of the Crew organization.

I've never had any interaction w/ him outside of Twitter, so have no idea how to evaluate this one. Didn't give any inclination of whose decision it was, but I sort of imagine he was MM's guy, and it follows the same timeline as MM leaving (end of this month).

9. mmradio13

mmradio13 Member+

Apr 13, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya know, I never really understood why Zalaski was there and thought that SOMEONE from that ticket sales department was going to get the ax eventually.

You've got Mike Malo in charge of Marketing and Sales. On the Marketing side of things, Malo oversees Arica Kress, who is above Megan Kingston, and the 3 of them oversee the rest of the Marketing department.

On the Sales side of things, you had Clark Beacom underneath Malo. When Beacom started, he managed all the both the group and individual ticket sales staff (each of which had a veteran member as a manager or adviser over them- Adam Carney and Avin Assomull). Then for some reason, they brought in Zalaski to kinda be a buffer between Beacom and the rest of the sales staff, which was weird because you didn't really have a NEED for Beacom AND Zalaski under Malo and above the people actually selling tickets. To his credit, I've never heard a bad thing about Brett and the sales staff has had success under him (and Malo and Beacom). But I always wondered why Zalaski was brought in in the first place. Hope he lands on his feet.

10. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But does she have a nice rack?

the_rickler and chr1st repped this.