Visting Seattle / Sounders Game Info Thread

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Yoshou, May 4, 2012.

1. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's ok, the 4 stars on our chest make too much noise for us to hear you ;)

2. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    someone is a bit sensitive...

all i remember hearing for a while now is how seattle deserves a wcq and how the whole stadium will be packed, etc, etc. i agreed with this but not selling out the available seats to me would be far from a soaring success which i think seattle needed to push the case for future quals here

3. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet again... More people will be attending this game than any other non-Mexican WCQ for at least the last decade. I'm terribly sorry if that fails to meet your standards for having them come back to Seattle, but that is your problem, not Seattle's.

4. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well it's US Soccer's problem actually...

5. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    US Soccer isn't the one on this forum complaining about Seattle only selling more tickets than any other US WCQ so far in this cycle and the most tickets for a non-Mexican WCQ in the last decade and saying it will be a problem for Seattle getting future WCQs. Hell, since the rest of the qualifiers were/are in MLS SSS, this will be the best attended match in the entire 2014 WCQ cycle even if they don't sell another ticket. US Soccer is going to make more money on this game than any of the other WCQs and, as we all know, US Soccer only cares about making money.

So... What's the problem again?

6. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4 stars? wow small galaxy :p.

Yoshou repped this.
  7. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol nice

8. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle
    I gotta say, I was surprised we didn't sell all 42k in the first week.

Unfortunately the pricing system they use is designed to make the most $ they can from a 25k stadium. If they wanted to sell 40k+ then they should've modified it.

9. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yea the ticket prices astonished me, ridiculous how much they are charging for the "cheap seats"

10. SoundersFan328

SoundersFan328 New Member

Jun 16, 2013
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Hey everybody... I am wondering what mobile applications you guys use to follow the sounders. I am not home often and can't decide what apps to use to follow my favorite team. If you have any recommendations at all I would much appreciate it.

11. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Twitter, facebook, Sounders app, MLS app, web browser. :)

12. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Hello SounderNation!
    Strikermansteve here from Ft. Lauderdale... Family's going to be in Seattle for the DC game on 7/3...we are really looking forward to taking in a big time atmosphere (though we ARE currently averaging around 4k at Historic Lockhart Stadium!)...question...what is the acceptable percentage/proportion of 'other team' clothing to wear to a Sounders game? That other team is the current juggernaut of the NASL, my beloved Ft. Lauderdale Strikers...while I'd love to represent the red and yellow, I don't want to violate any spectator etiquette. My son and I do plan on buying some Sounder merch (hat/scarves) to put on at the game...but do I wear my current NASL Striker jersey...or throwback 1980 Striker jersey...or red/yellow hooped socks? Is all this a bad idea, or can we mix and match?

It's your town, your team, let me know. Really appreciate it and look forward to kicking some DC a**.

13. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen plenty of other team's gear at Sounders games. The Strikers have a pretty unusual kit, so you might even get some questions about it. Sounders fans are generally pretty laid back about the whole "only wear our colors" thing. The seats in front of me are owned by scalpers and we frequently have fans from the opposing team in those seats and they've never gotten more than a few friendly taunts.. And that is generally only the Timbers and Whitecaps fans.

14. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and LA... ;)

by the way we have been playing lately i wouldn't actually fight the whole la sucks yell at the clink now :(

15. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True.. But that's just aimed at the team. I've never seen a fan of the Galaxy get a second look.

But I wouldn't worry about your team. Once you get Gonzalez back your backline will shore up real quick.

16. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    eh I have been subject to many annoying rants, part of the reason why I try and fail to like the Sounders. The fans I have encountered have been pretty low in quality. I doubt it's most of you though.

Anyway, the problem isn't Gonzo. We have zero creative ability in the midfield and Donovan is a shell of what he used to be. We need that 3rd dp yesterday. we dominate many games but fail to score

17. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle

You're just fine wearing your Strikers jersey, especially if you've got a Sounders scarf or hat on. Like Yoshou said you may even get people asking about it.

People wearing the opposing team's gear will be subject to some light heckling, but I've befriended people rooting for the opposing team through playful taunting, including Mexican opponents. I also would never heckle anyone accompanied by children.

As long as you're not wearing a Timbers kit you'll be fine.

18. vtravi

vtravi Member

Feb 13, 2000
    Brimfield, Mass
    I am going to the DC game July 3rd. Is the traffic horrible on game day from Downtown. How much time should I plan on getting there from the ballard area. Thanks

19. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This one is going to be hard to call for a couple reasons. It is still technically a work day, and it is also the day before a major Holiday. As long as your seats are not GA you should be fine leaving around 5:30 - 6:00pm depending on where you plan on parking, and how early you want to be at your seat.

20. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle

Traffic is the worst thing about Seattle. You should give yourself a half hour to drive and park. 45 minutes if you wanna be safe.

I would recommend taking a bus if possible.

21. Juliet Papa Golf

Juliet Papa Golf New Member

Jul 1, 2013
    England
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Greetings!

JPG from the UK here. I've always wanted to follow the MLS but have never known what team I should follow. Seattle looked like a great team with a fantastic fan base. :thumbsup:

22. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle

Best fans in MLS! You chose wisely...

23. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    I want to thank everyone in Seattle who welcomed us Striker fans to the great NW! My son and I had an incredible time, from Occidental Park/March to the Match to the final whistle. You guys do it up right, no doubt about it! If you're ever in SoFla, let us return the hospitality...

24. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle

Glad you enjoyed yourselves despite the failed introduction of metal detectors!

25. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am in seattle for summer vacation. Any GOLD CUP final viewing parties in downtown area?