Visting Seattle / Sounders Game Info Thread

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by Yoshou, May 4, 2012.

1. lovingthegreen

May 29, 2006
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The local radio station, KIRO, broadcasts nearly every Sounders game (http://mynorthwest.com/streams/streampop_kiro.php). The main exceptions are most away Champions League and U.S. Open Cup games and conflicts with the NFL team, the Seattle Seahawks. Home friendlies are sometimes broadcast as well, especially if it is against a Chelsea-type team. Sometimes the team itself broadcasts audio/video broadcasts of games such as U.S. Open Cup home games and home reserves games (http://www.soundersfc.com/news/live-video.aspx). Away MLS and U.S. Open Cup games that are not covered by KIRO are oftentimes covered by the hosting team and/or its radio station. You might be able to get video for all Champions League games, home and away, at http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk.

2. kaburu

kaburu Member+

Jul 12, 2009
    los angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i enjoyed the game on aug 5 and the fans were great. will be visting again for nov 18th game

3. ckonas

ckonas Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Fairfield, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Useful info for the only Sounders fan in North NJ.

4. EMarcel

EMarcel Member

Oct 7, 1999
    Just bought our tix for the US/Panama Qualifier. We're really looking forward to the trip. We're sitting in section 105. I assume we'll be with the season ticket holders & not the Panamanian fans. What's the weather usually like there in June? Sounds like we'll be ok in a downtown hotel without a car, from what I read up above.

5. dmain

dmain Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    June the weather is all over the place but usually high 60's to 70's. It rains here all year so be prepared it may be wet.

6. SoccerDad206

SoccerDad206 New Member

Apr 8, 2013
    San Salvador, El Salvador
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grillinnap Visiting teams usually practice at Starfire Sports in Tukwila it's the official training grounds of the Sounders it's a huge soccer complex, they sometimes train at centurylink field too.

7. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Hey i'm going to Centurylink in June for the Panama-USA qualifier. what's cheaper, hotel/motels by the stadium or by the airport? and if by the airport, is it easy to get to the stadium without a car?
    Thx

8. SoccerDad206

SoccerDad206 New Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nfiniti repped this.
  9. nfiniti

nfiniti Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Rutherford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Awesome, thanks, appreciate the links...

10. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle
    Glad you're making the trip up to support the Nats!

It's a crap shoot as to who you'll be sitting next to, since the Sounders pre-sale was all over the place (meaning people didn't just buy their normal seats). The die hard supporters will be in sections 121-123. Try to avoid wearing MLS kits to this one.

To anyone flying in for this game: avoid staying at SeaTac! SeaTac is where the airport's at, and it's pretty scungy. If you don't want to pay for a hotel in downtown Seattle, then look into this hostel, or somewhere in the north end. Avoid going south of the stadiums.

As for the weather, be prepared for rain. Seattle's weather is notoriously shifty, even in June, and it may be sunny & beautiful one minute and raining the next. That said, if you're sitting in the 200 or 300 levels, you'll be under-cover for the game.

You'll be fine without a car if you're staying downtown, Seattle is pretty walkable. If you have time I would recommend catching a bus to Capitol Hill, Ballard, or Fremont to take in some of the local culture. Pioneer square may be the most historical neighborhood, but those three I mentioned have way more local flavor for those interested.

11. SoccerDad206

SoccerDad206 New Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Double Tree, The Hilton, Merriott and Hampton Inn just to name a few are in the seatac area so I wouldn't say it's a bad area unless you plan on staying at a Motel 6.

12. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle
    I just wanted to make sure people realized that Seatac is not Seattle. And when I say it's not a nice area I'm referring to the city of Seatac, not the hotels. Obviously there are going to be hotels in all price ranges near the airport, just don't expect to actually see or do anything around there.

If you stay in Seatac don't plan on actually taking in the city of Seattle, that would be like staying in New Jersey to visit New York. The only difference is New Jersey probably actually has things worth seeing or doing.

13. SoccerDad206

SoccerDad206 New Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay I see the point your are making now, I just didn't want people visiting Seattle to be afraid of staying in seatac that's all well I hope the stadium is sold out I heard they are only selling 35K tickets hope that's not true

14. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle
    They capped attendance at 46k, since there's a Mariners game during the same time.

So far we've only sold around 30k, but I'm confident that as the date looms nearer we'll sell more seats. The fact that tickets are over twice as much as the Sounders games doesn't really help ticket sales, and I have a feeling there will be walk-up sales for those trying to avoid ticketbastard.

15. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if they are already taking light rail to the game, it is just as easy to do so to see Seattle, but your point is understood. So if your intention is to just catch the game a SeaTac hotel would be a bed as good as any other. If your intent is to hang for a few days then a downtown area hotel works, and if you don't want to pay downtown prices as mentioned northend hotels could work so long as you avoid those found on Aurora where by the hour is a rate option.

MoosefesteR repped this.
  16. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any chance that if I somehow get a ticket to the 4th round USOC game if Seattle wins, someone could give me a ride to SeaTac right afterwards? I got a redeye flight at 10:39pm and no bags to check.

17. Vascao

Vascao Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Zona Sul
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm traveling to Seattle for USAxPAN and would like to check out SEAxVAN on saturday night. What's my best bet for getting a ticket in the GA supporters section?

18. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Head to Fuel pre-game and ask if anyone has extra tickets for GA. Fuel is the game day hang out for ECS and they generally have extras.

19. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't really know where to post this...

Is the CLink opening up more seats for the USA/Panama WCQ match? I looked on ticket master and it had single seats available in the upper bowl but sold out everywhere else. I thought upperbowl was closed completely for this or are they just opening up a few strips here and there like they do for some matches?

whole stadium should honestly be open for such a big match

20. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a Mariners game starting at the exact same time as the USAvPanama game and that precluded them from opening up the entire stadium. One of the requirements from the city when they allowed CenturyLink and Safeco to be built right next to each other was that the two stadiums couldn't have events at the same time and, if they did, they had to have limited capacity. The Mariners could have technically moved their game to a day game, but, again, there is an agreement with the city to limit the number of day games they have to a certain number per season and they generally schedule all those in their regular schedule. It is possible to ask the city for a waiver to allow them to have extra games (which they did for the Gold Cup games in Seattle), but the Mariners were never asked by USSF and Sounders to get that waiver, so they didn't.

As for the rest of your question, I haven't heard anything about them opening up more of the stadium, so I would guess there is only going to be the 42,000 that were initially made available. Doesn't mean they won't be opening more, but at this point, I'm not sure it is likely/possible.

21. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle

There has to be more than single seats available. Reports today said we've sold 34k. There were 42k available. That means there are 8k still available, and I can't see how those would all be singles.

LA supporter living in Seattle? Not cool, man....

22. dmain

dmain Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? If He has always supported the galaxy. Maybe he moved here from LA.

phoenixhazard repped this.
  23. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been supporting the Galaxy long before the Sounders were even on the MLS map.

I try to make the Sounders my 2nd team but they don't make it ez ;)

anyway, it was really strange that it only showed single seats since the calamity about too many seats being left open on mls webpage. it's pretty ridiculous though, i could've sworn the USA WCQ would have sold out months ago. It is the most meaningful national team game Seattle has had in a very very very long time

24. MoosefesteR

MoosefesteR Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Seattle

I know, I was just giving him a hard time. Meant as playful banter...

When I see someone supporting the Gal's at a Sounders game I can't help but send a bit of heckling their way.

25. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle sold out the capacity of every other WCQ stadium prior to the tickets going on sale to the public and it will be the highest attended non-Mexican WCQ in something like a decade. So.. STFU. :)