Villareal vs Real Madrid | La Liga | Matchday 4 | 09/14/13 | 22:00 (Local)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by saadomar, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #126 s7kru, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
    you haven't watched the UEFA Super Cup final then. :D

if we don't score early they'll be in their own box only to force a draw.

Dhajj repped this.
  2. screamingfields

Nov 30, 2012
    Real have to be careful here. Villareal are decent side and can score. Considering Real's lack of options, in defense, the the side may struggle to stop Villareal. Real must line up well defensively to have a chance.

3. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    UNLEASH THE BALE!

Eddie repped this.
  4. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #129 saadomar, Sep 14, 2013
    Any team can score, it doesn't get anymore cliché than that in football. I'm less worried about a promoted team that was competing against Castilla last season and more about the long term repercussions of having players hampered with international duties before a WC year. Injuries can happen at anytime, but having 17+ players who go out for international duties every break might work against us this year. It's both a compliment and a hurdle.

And if we can't beat Villarreal comfortably, we're in for a roller coaster season. Let's hope Diego doesn't get too mushy and concedes goals to celebrate the homecoming. Some players don't play well against their old teams.

5. screamingfields

Nov 30, 2012
    #130 screamingfields, Sep 14, 2013
    Bale should or shouldn't play really depends on his fitness. I hope he is fully fit, as fitness is a very important aspect of a player's overall abilities at doing anything really. Lack of fitness, major concern. Also Bale has to be motivated to play for the side, or else it may also turn against badly. Motivation is probably the most important thing Bale has to concentrate on. No motivation, means no returns for himself or the club. Bale shouldn't over complicate anything also, concentrate on these few aspects and he'll come through with little trouble.

With regards to Ozil, the team has to move on and forget it. Ozil played for Real, became really good and wanted to leave. If he felt it was the best for him, eventually it'll be best for everyone that he left because nothing could've stopped him.

6. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who's still hung up on Oezil? Seriously, we have to move the f on from him, because it's been almost 2 weeks and whether he was the one who wanted to leave or otherwise is academic. I'm concerned about our players getting run to ground by these international coaches without any regard to how it affects their clubs. Carlo has said he's open to communicate with whomever as long as it keeps his players fit when they are returned.

Carlo has also said about Bale that his physical condition is not optimal, but neither is it as bad as it can be. That doesn't mean he's match ready, but it means he can be played for a limited period if we choose. That's all I wanted. It'll be cool to get Bale to have his run out, because he's the fresh signing we've been waiting for all summer, and 2 extra weeks on top of that to see on the pitch. It's not necessarily about the fanfare, but if we are comfortable at some point we should get him out to give him a test drive. We're certainly less likely to risk playing him in a UCL match, so why not against Villarreal for lets say 20 minutes?

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We have a deep enough squad, we'll be fine. Top players play for their national team. Their national team wants to use top players. It's pretty easy to understand.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Really late, but just in time....

[​IMG]

RMSocrates and 4x4s repped this.
  9. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Excited to see both Illara and Bale.

Zidane05 repped this.
  10. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    I came for Casemiro twice already this morning, give me a little time to recover :rolleyes:.

11. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    4 1/2 hrs to go till kickoff. My withdrawal symptoms from this 2 week forced hiatus from club football are almost unbearable now. The game should start already

12. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^ I'm pretty sure it's about 6 and a half hours left, haha

saadomar and Zidane05 repped this.
  13. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Darn, even worse. Curse you bringer of bad news................

14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope Bale doesn't start, I don't want him gassed in the second half.

15. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope Bale plays the entire second half and scores a goal. Then does his trademark <3 11 hand sign while @YOUNGSTARS87 comes for casemiro.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wonder if Di Maria will be targeted with a lawsuit if he does that heart celebration now. He's been doing it before Bale as well. :D

RMSocrates, saadomar and gatorchomp repped this.
  17. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Casemiro's testicles are bald beacuse hair does not grow on a mixture of titanium, brass, steel and hard granite.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Camera gonna turn and focus on Bale's face when Di Maria scores. :D

Aimar 21 repped this.
  19. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I came here for Casemiro, sad to see all the Bale comments here..

jk

20. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well the trademark is specific to the heart shaped hand sign over the number 11. Di Maria is #22, so he can't be sued for doing it over his own number or any other number that's not 11. The hand sign itself isn't something one can be sued over.

Now if Oezil does that heart shaped hand sign however...

21. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    OT while we wait: trademark is a logo or something on a product that tells the buyer who made the product. You can't "trademark" a celebration per se.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    He is making a logo with his hands, the logo (which is the celebration) has been trademarked. So in this instance, he has trademarked his celebration.

23. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Eh, not really. He's trademarked this: [​IMG]

If someone other than him put that logo (or a confusingly similar logo) on a product and tried to sell it, Bale could sue for trademark infringement. Trademarks are protected to prevent consumers being tricked who made which product. But you can't just trademark a celebration itself.

How many hours left till gametime?

24. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    75 minutes!

libertao repped this.
  25. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    The long term plan is to have more of our players adopt the celebration, every goal scored with be celebrated by the heart, because Real Madrid is in all of our hearts. We will then adopt the logo as our official club crest, going on to dominate world football through heart shaped hand signals alone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]