Villareal vs Real Madrid | La Liga | Matchday 4 | 09/14/13 | 22:00 (Local)

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by saadomar, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #76 saadomar, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    The partnership begins! I loved this pic :D The video was pretty awkward though, but if I were meeting my idol i'd be at a loss of words too haha.
    [​IMG]

2. izzzy

izzzy Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Croatia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    nothing serious with Modric.. he had hard game with Serbia, so he just needed some rest..
    injury is more like a excuse for not going to Korea with national squad

3. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

4. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Modric Isco and Ronaldo trained normally today

Also Jose Rodriguez has been training with the first team

5. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just watched Carlo's press conference;

Illarramendi will start tomorrow, Isco has recovered well and will play tomorrow, Casillas will start on tuesday in the champions league, Bale isn't completely fit of course but will play a part tomorrow... On Ozil saying "lack of confidence and faith" Carlo says he played 2 of the three games at the time and claimed he wanted to leave Madrid because he thought there was alot of competition.

Nacho will play left back tomorrow due to both left backs being injured also.

Can't remember anything else sorry, transcript and video will be on official site anyway

(Cristiano is fine btw)

Doni and Zidane05 repped this.
  6. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Coentrao is injured? Pretty bad.

Great that Illarra will start tomorrow.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure if that's "great", but good to hear he's fit to play.

After 0 official appearances, in one of the trickiest away games of the group. Great idea. :laugh:

What's the f*cking point anyway? Never heard of anybody resting a goalkeeper for CL matches. Must be some Italian coaching philosophy i never heard about.

8. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    with Xabi's long injury and after waiting so many weeks, it's great to know that he's fit to play.

9. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What's good to know is Raphael Varane is back! VARANE!!!!!! Future best defender in the world!

10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    My question is how in the world did Marca know this was the plan two weeks ago.

temesgen and Aimar 21 repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some people comment on this by saying that we're doing this to prevent him from requesting a transfer/loan to an other CL participating club in December. If he's Cup tied, there will be a lot less interest.

12. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    It would appear that Carlo is not yielding to pressure from the outside. Good. He needs to be his own man and not be swayed by noise from the outside.

Regarding the transfer request theory, I'm not entirely sure. I mean surely he would fight for a position before and then if it does not work out request a transfer in around December or January. Not in freaking September when the league and CL barely kicked off.

13. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    #88 -Fifth CharM-, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
    [​IMG]

Bale's debut:
    “Bale came here without having a normal pre-season, but his condition is not bad. He will travel tomorrow, and he will play. I have to decide whether he will start or if I'll bring him on in the second half. He has no injuries, he is excited and very motivated."

Bale's condition: "He's arrived full of enthusiasm and he is very happy to be at the team he wanted to join. He is a humble player who likes to be with his teammates. He fits in well with the squad."

Bale's price: "We have paid what the market dictated. I'm sure that there were teams that would have paid more money to Tottenham than us, but the player decided he wanted to come here."

Diego López "On Tuesday Casillas will play in Istanbul, that way the issue is more comfortable for us"

14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This back and forth between the club and the Ozil camp has to stop. It's not fitting of a club of our stature to be going through the press to discuss the little details of the transfer. And for the love of God, Mesut and his entourage have got to be a little less sensitive... Jesus.

15. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    this Ozil-thing will probably end in a few weeks, what's more concerning is the Iker situation. It's been 3 months since the team played his last match under Mourinho but Iker is still getting a shitload of attention from the media.
    It's getting pathetic.

16. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Marcelo, Coentrao, and now Arbeloa not called up. Nacho at LB? Oh wait, I forgot the most expensive LB in history just arrived.

Casillas, Diego López y Jesús (porteros).
    Pepe, Ramos, Carvajal, Nacho y Llorente (defensas).
    Khedira, Bale, Casemiro, Modric, Di María, Isco, Illarra y José Rodríguez (centrocampistas).
    Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Morata y Jesé (delanteros).

http://www.marca.com/2013/09/13/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1379073480.html

s7kru repped this.
  17. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    So, Illara over Khedira & Casa? Or with one of them? Hmm..

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't think you can keep Modric out of the lineup, and the same goes for Isco. Only way Illarra plays with either Sami or Casmeiro is if Isco moves up to the right.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ironically enough the guy said he wishes us all success in the world, that he has friends in the team and that he wouldn't have made it this far without Madrid as a club and his team mates. At a certain point when you listen to us saying "he asked to leave, he wasn't up to it" you can't help but feel like we're trying too hard to convince people.

The only way this ends is on the pitch. If Mesut plays well during a phase that we don't, it will be safer to not read any newspapers. :D

20. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or a 4-3-1-2 formation with Modric, Illarra and Casemiro/Khedira as the 3 midfielders behind Isco; Ronaldo and Benzema or Bale upfront.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That defence is ridiculously worrying with a team that plays on the counter as much as Villareal do. We'll need Ramos and Pepe both to have a perfectly clean game.

natenate101 repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Seems very likely that we'll play with the Fabio Capello trademark double pivot. :D

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto

But we all know that's not how it started. Ozil was the first one to fire shots with his "lack of trust" comments. I just hate to see the good work he's put here into this club be overshadowed by the drama after his departure.

24. libran83

libran83 Member

Jun 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Players called up for Villarreal:

Goalkeepers:
    Asenjo & Juan Carlos
    Defenders: Mario, Gabriel, Jaume Costa, Musacchio, Pablo Íñiguez, and Dorado
    Midfielders: Bruno, Pina, Trigueros, Hernán Pérez, Aquino, and Cani
    Forwards: Giovani, Uche, Jonathan Pereira, and Perbet.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was asked again yesterday directly "Where you kicked out of the club?" and he said "What do you expect from me, you want me to talk bad about my former club?" along with the same stuff about his friends in the team and how much he owes us.

I don't think he's said anything wrong so far. From the outside, it seems like the club is trying to kick him while he's down, what the Germans call "nachtreten".

The guy who started this sh*t between both parties again is that guy Gallardo, who's popular for his absurd claims and comedic "involvement" in transfer deals.

Anyway, as i said, the only way this is forgotten is on the pitch. Right now, with no football to be played, it's the main topic.